Bamberg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Luxurious Hotel

Bavaria Apr 18, 2014 at 6:56 AM

i am looking for a 5-star luxurious Hotel in Bavaria that is rather relaxing. (Similar to Riva hotel in Constance Lake if you have visited before)

more
    • Getting to Weltenberg

Weltenburg Apr 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM

We will be coming from Kelheim and were thinking about hoofing it at some point to the Abbey, and then boating back. Can anyone advise on where to catch a reasonable walking point? And about one way on ferry back?

more
    • Environment zone sticker

Munich Apr 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We are renting a car in France and driving to Munich. Hotel is located in environent zone. How hard is it to get a sticker for this. I have heard you can get them at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

more
    • cost taxi fare

Passau Apr 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Taxi fare from Passau Railway Stn to Hotel Passaeur Wolf Hotel.

more
    • How would I get here from Munich?

Ettal Mar 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hello,

How would I get to this beautiful town from Munich via the rail system? I will only have my global rail pass during my time in Europe but I have fallen in love with the beauty and peacefulness of Ettal.

Thanks,
      Kaycee

more
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

more
    • Roseninsel

Starnberger See Apr 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I really want to see Roseninsel :) I'm note really sure on which S bahn station is better to drop off. Feldafing? Possenhofem? Is it far if I walk from the S station?

more
    • theron7's Profile Photo

6 Hour Layover

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

1st time visitor here. My son and I, he is 18, have a 6.5 hour layover on Monday, July 30. e want to go into town see a market and then hit a beer garden before continuing on to Athens. Are there any particular Beer gardens that should not be missed and that are easily assessable in our time frame? Thanks for your help!

more
    • Lindau / Lake Konstanz in Easter April 2014

Lindau Mar 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We are a couple with a 2 year old daughter and wish to travel to Lindau & Lake Constance in April 2014 during Easter. How is the weather during this period historically and will there be tourists shops / travel boats / restaurants open during this time.
      We want to make Lindau our base with a holiday apartment for 4-5 nights. Any suggestions on nearby excursions / car drives most welcome...will be hiring a car from Memmengin airport.
      Thanks so much for your time.

more
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Ghotel Hotel & Living Munchen-Zentrum

Munich Apr 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Another question regarding this hotel please. We will be taking the train to Venice after we leave Germany. Is this hotel closer to the main train station or to the train station at the airport?

Thank you,
      Mickey

more
    • mountain climbing/hiking

Passau Apr 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Looking for a beautiful place to hike/climb not far from Passau. Preferably the alps.

more
    • basstbn's Profile Photo

From boat to train station?

Nürnberg Apr 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We will be arriving in Nürnberg (late June) via Viking Cruise Line, and traveling on to Prague. Because we are taking a diversion from the Viking package, we will be on our own regarding transportation to the Nürnberg train or bus station. Can anybody in the VT community tell us how to get from the boat docks to the central stations?

more
    • Help with iternary for Munich and surrounding areas

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I will be in the Munich (thats where my flight lands). I am traveling with my family (2 kids: 9 month and 7 year old). This is my iternary

Date Location

3-Jul Munich

4-Jul Munich

5-Jul Bavarian forest

6-Jul Bavarian forest

7-Jul Bavarian forest/Salsburg

8-Jul Salsburg

9-Jul Salsburg

10-Jul Munich

11-Jul Munich

Does anyone have any suggestion on my iternary.

Please help

Thanks

aatiman

more
    • Student Traveler

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I am a journalism student at the University of South Carolina and will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in May with a class. My group project is to report on unique places in Munich and Berlin. We are looking to go to places that are bizarre or wacky is some aspect (for example: the Currywurst Museum, Peacock Island or Tropical Islands Berlin). Do you have any suggestions or any contacts in either of the two cities? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
      Abbey O'Brien

more
    • Travel to Geiselwind

Geiselwind Apr 13, 2014 at 7:15 AM

How can i go to Geiselwind from Frankfurt airport? Is there any bus or train? How much will i spend for it? What time can i take the bus or train?

more
    • Will Wurzburg train platforms be listed on D bahn?

Würzburg Mar 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM

We are going from Rothenburg to Frankfurt Airport with a connection in Wurzburg. There is little time between trains and no platforms listed. I am wondering how to find out the platform numbers ahead so we don't miss the train.

more
    • Gyro1970's Profile Photo

Fish jousting

by Gyro1970 Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I'll be at the Sandkerwa festival in August, and wondered if we could enter the fish jousting? I don't know if it's just for locals...?

• Gyro1970's Profile Photo

Bamberg fish jousting

by Gyro1970 Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Can anyone enter fish jousting at Sandkerwa festival in Bamberg, or is it just for locals..?

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM
    • JeannieS's Profile Photo

Prague to Bamberg and back

by JeannieS Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I will be in prague for two days waiting for my cruise and after seeing bamberg on a show on tv I was wondering the chances of popping to Bamberg for the day. Not knowing how far it is, best mode of transport and whether it is possible or worth it. Please can you advise me..regards..Jean

4 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    • Riverboat Terminal

by davekenow Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Is there only one Riverboat Terminal in Bamberg, Germany and if so, how many slips for riverboat cruises are there?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2013 at 5:33 AM
    • KarenK36's Profile Photo

Locker in Bamberg train station

by KarenK36 Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Hello. I am going to Bamberg on October. I would like to know if there are locker in Bamberg train station? and how large are they? Can the locker accommodate a 85cm tall luggage? Please help Thanks.

2 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • Bamberg this weekend

by crazyfanatic Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Hello! My husband and I would like to make a day trip to Bamberg from Munich this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday. But we are wondering if it's okay to do so now as there were floods earlier this month? Is the city still affected by it? Or would a trip be possible?

Thank you!!

5 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    • Grocery shopping

by jashley Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I am looking for a grocery store in the town. I am staying at an apartment on Jakobsberg and Storchsgasse. Is there anything close?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    • Snowboard Shops in Bamberg

by RobertSpeer Online Now Nov 10, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Mein Sohn ist in Bamberg stationiert und ich wollte ihn der beste Ort, direkt an Snowboard Kleidung zu kaufen. Irgendwelche Vorschläge?

Danke,
      Mick Speer

• Bamberg from east coast U.S.

by dwbwcpa Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Is the best way to get to Bamberg University from the U.S to fly to Munich and then take the train to Bamberg?

3 Answers Jun 12, 2010 at 1:31 AM
    • maria25's Profile Photo

Bamberg or Wurzburg

by maria25 Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 6:10 AM

We have 2 days in Nuremberg and we were thinking of visiting either Bamberg or Wurzburg on 1 of the days.

What you suggest is the most worth to visit.

Thanks alot

6 Answers Oct 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    • Grocery Stores with well stocked international isles- hispanic products

by ladina23 Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 12:15 AM

I live in Bamberg and have been here for about 6 weeks now. I have gone sight seeing and have experience quite a bit of the German culture. However, I am beginning to miss certain foods and condiments. For example Tapatio hot sauce, El Pato tomato sauces, and various other spices. I am no stranger to the road and if anyone knows where I can find these items please let me know.

Thank you

1 Answer Dec 11, 2008 at 1:57 AM
    • Beer Tasting

by Konakona Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 2:19 PM

We're being offered a beer tasting on a river boat cruise that stops in Bamberg. Do we really need a tour to do that? Couldn't we just as well stroll in the town and choose where we want to go?

3 Answers Jun 19, 2008 at 2:09 PM
    • Cheap accommodation

by bexy_ie Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Hi, there is a group of eight of us visiting Bamberg in June and we are looking for somewhere cheap - really cheap! - to stay! We have tried the backpackersbamberg hostel but they are only available to take the eight of us for one night out of the two...We can not seem to find any other hostel besides this one.... Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2008 at 10:28 AM
    • BAMBERG HAT SHOP

by jamesgarfitt Online Now Dec 14, 2007 at 10:05 AM

Earlier this year I visited Bamberg and purchased a hat- a woollen cap. I am very pleased with it and should like to purchase another. I have lost the address of the shop and will be grateful if someone can provide me with the information I need: i.e. name of shop, telephone number, e-mail address.

The shop window had the sign "HOLLAND" in the window and "WEGENER".

The shop is situated on the left side of a street leading acroos the bridge towards the Cathedral

2 Answers Dec 14, 2007 at 10:52 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Walk to the DOM

by PhillyJohn Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 5:50 PM

How far a walk is the Dom from the train station? Is there an easy to use bus perhaps. We may be visiting in November and I really want to the the Dom, but the wife is not too fond of walking long distances.

2 Answers Sep 20, 2007 at 2:12 AM
    • TheTravelGuideTV's Profile Photo

July 28 and 29, 2007 Bamberg Volksmarch

by TheTravelGuideTV Online Now Jul 7, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Hello!

My family and I are visiting from the US this month, and we hear there is a volksmarch set up. I need details please! How do I register? Where exactly is it? Etc.

Thanks so much for your help!

Bill

• seoulgirl's Profile Photo

Beer in Bamberg

by seoulgirl Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 1:19 AM

We want to pick up some Rauschbier in Bamberg on a Sunday. Is there anything open where we can get some beers to take home?

9 Answers Aug 24, 2007 at 2:48 PM
    • Where to stay in Bamberg?

by Judith12 Online Now Feb 9, 2005 at 5:29 AM

Hello, My husband and I are headed to Bamberg for 3 nights in mid-March. We are looking for a place to stay on the "Old Town" side of the river. I am looking at the following places and wondered if you had any opinions or other suggestions. Thanks! Hotel Weierich, Brudermuehle, Barockhotel Am Dom, Wilde Rose.

4 Answers Aug 10, 2006 at 1:30 AM
    • Houses/Apartments in Bamberg

by jwinstonlenn Online Now Jan 23, 2005 at 10:51 AM

Hello, my wife and I are moving to Bamberg in early March and are desparately looking for any information on houses or apartments in the area. If anyone that lives in the area could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 24, 2005 at 2:07 PM
    • JEFFCONWELL1's Profile Photo

IN SELB FOR TRAINING, NEED TO SEE CASTLES

by JEFFCONWELL1 Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 10:07 AM

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME CASTLES WHILE I'M IN SELB... AND ANY THING ELSE COOL LIKE THAT.. I WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO DO THIS AFTER TRAINING DURING THE DAY, ANY DAY DURING THE WORK WEEK....... THE WEEKEND I HOPE TO BE IN FRANKFURT....... SO MY TRAVEL WILL BE MINIMAL... I'D LOVE TO HAVE SOMEONE SHOW ME AROUND... THAT SPEAKS ENGLISH TO....... JC

4 Answers Oct 8, 2004 at 11:26 AM
    • bamberg

by anubis1 Online Now Apr 23, 2003 at 5:08 PM

When I was a lad I courted the girls: No that's a different song. I was stationed in Bamberg as a lad for eigteen months in the French Prussian wars it seems. Going back to the scene of my dastardly, misspent youth. What should I expect in Bamberg and Bavaria 40 years later? Hotels, restaurants what have you are welcome.

2 Answers May 7, 2003 at 12:29 PM