change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Indyexpat's Profile Photo

Bamako Personal Guide

by Indyexpat Online Now Aug 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Forever I have wanted to see Africa and now work will allow me a week or two in Mali. I have not been before, am busy reading books and have had immunization for a few key things.

Is it possible to find a guide with excellent English skills, and a good local knowledge for my fledgling visit? I'd really like my first trip to be a great trip so I am not discouraged. I hear so many amazing things about Africa and I ant to see it this way!

In China this isn't hard to accomplish, in Mali, I have no clue! Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 24, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    • Camping supplies in Bamako?

by JCE3 Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Does anyone know where I can get white gas in Bamako for my camping stove? If not, is kerosene easily available?

1 Answer Oct 13, 2010 at 4:13 AM
    • Any good value hotels in Bamako?

by africaadvent Online Now Dec 1, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Hi all,

Going to Bamako next month and I was wondering if there were any hotels that offered good value. Most seem to be very expensive or quite seedy from what I've read.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

4 Answers Feb 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM
    • Bamako to Dakar

by kylejesw Online Now Dec 27, 2008 at 6:25 AM

Does anyone know the bus schedule for Gana Transportation- Bamako to Dakar? If not Gana Transportation then any other bus transport from Bamako to Dakar and prices?

• Travel over Xmas and New years

by shrinkersX2 Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 11:53 AM

We're going to Mali over the holidays here. What goes on in Bamako/the rest of the country over these holidays? Are they celebrated? How?

We are also planning to bring limited medical supplies for the Dogon. Any suggestions?

We are in our late 70's-81 so any special thoughts about our age group in this country? We've arranged our trip thru a Bamako agency and will have guide. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome to write!

Thanks
      Judy/Joe shrinkersX2

1 Answer Oct 18, 2006 at 3:50 PM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Airport Departure tax?

by carloarg02 Online Now Oct 12, 2006 at 12:41 PM

Hello,

Does anybody know how much the airport departure tax is and what currency they accept? I'm flying Air Maroc and it doesn't look like they charged me for the departure tax, so I'm guessing I'm goign to ahve ot pay it on departure?

thanks!

• butch068's Profile Photo

Hotels in Bamako

by butch068 Online Now Jul 15, 2006 at 3:19 PM

Hello,

Im thinking of going to Bamako for a holiday and i've seen the Hotel La Chaumrie that you posted.
      Got a few questions for you, if you don't mind.
      1. Is the US$ 120 per night?
      2. Is it on Full Board?
      3. What are the rooms like?
      4. What are the people like?
      5. Are things expensive there?
      6. Would I need a VISA, if im from europe?

Sorry about all these questions, but i have never been there and would love to go!
      It would be nice if you could share with me anything about the place.
      Thankyou and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
      Paul.

1 Answer Jul 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    • anyone know of a hotel near the bamako airport?

by tcoohill Online Now May 12, 2006 at 3:56 PM

i am landing at 8:30PM and have a 7AM flight out the next morning. anyone know of a hotel close to the airport so i don't have to go all the way to town?

tcoohill@siena.edu

thanks

• faneka's Profile Photo

Travele Information

by faneka Online Now Dec 27, 2004 at 7:44 AM

As your shoud now the Barcelona - Dakar will be staying in Bamako and Kayes. To help de assistence team, can any one tell me the name, adress and phone number of the local hospitals?