Baltimore Travel Answers

change location

furnished apartments near baltimore

by zaeemo911 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM

hello, have anyone tried furnished apartments near baltimore like owings mills or columbia ? we are a family of 5 adults & 2 children meaning we need 3 bedroom-apartment for short stay 3months I have appointment in jhons Hopkins hospital on june 8 and my treatment will take 3 months. is it possible to drive to hospital in 30 mins? I contacted companies leasing apartments such as BUZZOT &Oakwood but unforunately they either rent a minimum of 9 months or 3 months but only 2 bedrooms!!! any advise please especially from locals?

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: furnished apartments near baltimore

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I rented an unfurnished apartment - never considered furnished. I wonder if there might not be an option for a two bedroom suite at a hotel with a cot for the fifth person.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM

as the hospital for family accomendations. they have their own facilities for long stay sometimes cheers tommy x

• Re: furnished apartments near baltimore

by zaeemo911 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM

thanks a lot grandmaR appreciate your input hotel suites will be too expensive i guess

Be the first to rate this answer!

by zaeemo911 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM

thanx xymmot yes the hospital hires an agent to help patients and there families but he charges significantly higher than market prices!!! if i stay in the hosp accomodation if available it will be boring for my kids i prefer to rent furnished apart myself but i need help from locals apartments near the harbour are really sky high & cant afford it

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM

There is expensive and expensive. There is probably no cheap. Baltimore isn't a city that has a lot of short term apartment rentals as there is no call for them. Tourists don't stay long enough to need them (like they might in London), and business people would take a hotel suite.

There are week to week rentals of unfurnished apartments (and maybe furnished ones too) but mostly those places are not the best areas. I had an unfurnished apartment in Glen Burnie for a year but the drug dealers sat outside on the fence with their cell phones and beepers, and occasionally we would hear shots. My husband rented a room from a woman over on the east side of town near his work, and there may be something like that that you can get. In any case, if the agent charges more than the service is worth, he would not be able to stay in business. So if you cannot afford his rates, and can't afford a suite (which isn't that much more expensive than just a hotel room and is less than two hotel rooms), then I guess you are out of luck.

• Rixie's Profile Photo

by Rixie Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM

You probably don't want to be looking at websites like airbnb or vrbo. They're great for vacations but are pricey for monthly rentals.

You might check out www.interimhomes.net and www.apartmentguide.com. They look as though they offer more options in Baltimore, closer to the hospital. You really don't want to be fighting commute traffic twice a day; you'll need to conserve your energy.

by zaeemo911 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM

thankx grandmaR & Rixie

my good what is this ! drugs,shots ! I better stay at home with my illness rather than die thousand miles away. i will just to whatever hospital iternational disk advise me even though even though i read a lot of stories about their agent I will visit the websites u recomended Rixie & chek my luck again!

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I wasn't staying anywhere near the hospital. I just wanted the cheapest unfurnished apartment I could get and that's what I got. If you use the hospital agent, they will be able to tell you safe areas that are close enough to the hospital to be convenient.

• YeseniaC's Profile Photo

by YeseniaC Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Thanks a lot for those 2 websites.I too were looking for furnished suites near baltimore.I called interim homes. Their services are really professional.I think we could finalise on the apartment by tommorrow.  thanks again.

http://www.macsuites.ca/across-canada/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines