change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 4 bedroom villas in Sanur

Sanur Apr 14, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Hi there,

We are a group of 7 adults and 5 kids (below 10 yrs) traveling to Bali in June. I am having a difficult time finding a 4 br villa for all of us. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. We are looking to stay 5 nights and want a villa with a pool. Anything under USD 600/700 per night will be good with us...

Thanks for your help!

more
    • Karma Jimbaran through The Bali Getaway

Jimbaran Apr 13, 2015 at 6:41 PM

We are looking at staying at Karma Jimbaran through a Bali Getaway offer. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with either the Karma Jimbaran or The Bali Getaway.
      The price they have offered is incredibly cheap and from what I have found out this is because they are going to try and sell us timeshare and take us to a 2 hour (expecting half day) sales pitch. I'm fine with that and happy to give them a half day for the price.
      I just want to make sure that I'm not going to pay and then find out that it was a total scam and my money disappears.

I would also love any feedback on the resort itself.

Thanks so much,

Cathy

more
    • dancinbudgie's Profile Photo

Personal Trainer in Ubud?

Ubud Mar 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hi all,
      I am entered into the Las Vegas WBFF in August. I am going to be in Ubud during the 3 months leading up to the comp. Can anyone recommend a PT that would be able to work with me?
      Thanks

more
    • LIDIKA's Profile Photo

First days in Bali

Bali Yesterday

Hej :)
      I'm arriving on Bali in the first days of May and would like to hear your opinion about how to start the first days.
      As I land in Denpasar in the late evening, I was thinking to take taxi directly to Tanah Lot, spend a night there, have a day of sight seeing and continue to Ubud. Would a day be enough? How should I travel to Ubud, by taxi or bus?
      Or would it be better to go directly to Ubud and take a daily tour from there to Tanah Lot?

more
    • What is there to do in Bali

Bali Apr 15, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Hi! I'm headed to Bali for a four day trip with two girlfriends in May. We are 3 21-year-olds, pretty much broke, and we're looking for stuff to do in our four days there. So far we are thinking:

- Coffee tasting (anyone have any places to recommend?)
      -Seminyak Beach
      -Potato Head Beach Club
      -Tanah Lot

We don't know what else to do, we have four full days there, and we are staying in Seminyak. What would you recommend? :)

Thank you so much!

more
    • yass's Profile Photo

7 days in Seminyak and Ubud

Seminyak Apr 13, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hi to everyone,
      I'm going to Bali in May, and spendiong 4 days in Seminyak before going to Ubud (3 nights).
      Do you have any recommendation for the journey ?
      Is it possible to visit volcanos?
      Which hotels can you recommend to me (maximum 100$ per night)
      Do you recommend me to book only for the first night, and then try to find a better accomadation when i'll be there?
      Thanks in advance

more
    • What is there to do in Bali

Bali Apr 15, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Hi! I'm headed to Bali for a four day trip with two girlfriends in May. We are 3 21-year-olds, pretty much broke, and we're looking for stuff to do in our four days there. So far we are thinking:

- Coffee tasting (anyone have any places to recommend?)
      -Seminyak Beach
      -Potato Head Beach Club
      -Tanah Lot

We don't know what else to do, we have four full days there, and we are staying in Seminyak. What would you recommend? :)

Thank you so much!

5 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 12:25 AM
    • 4 bedroom villas in Sanur

Sanur Apr 14, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Hi there,

We are a group of 7 adults and 5 kids (below 10 yrs) traveling to Bali in June. I am having a difficult time finding a 4 br villa for all of us. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. We are looking to stay 5 nights and want a villa with a pool. Anything under USD 600/700 per night will be good with us...

Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Apr 15, 2015 at 1:23 AM
    • Karma Jimbaran through The Bali Getaway

Jimbaran Apr 13, 2015 at 6:41 PM

We are looking at staying at Karma Jimbaran through a Bali Getaway offer. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with either the Karma Jimbaran or The Bali Getaway.
      The price they have offered is incredibly cheap and from what I have found out this is because they are going to try and sell us timeshare and take us to a 2 hour (expecting half day) sales pitch. I'm fine with that and happy to give them a half day for the price.
      I just want to make sure that I'm not going to pay and then find out that it was a total scam and my money disappears.

I would also love any feedback on the resort itself.

Thanks so much,

Cathy

2 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 10:01 PM
    • yass's Profile Photo

7 days in Seminyak and Ubud

Seminyak Apr 13, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hi to everyone,
      I'm going to Bali in May, and spendiong 4 days in Seminyak before going to Ubud (3 nights).
      Do you have any recommendation for the journey ?
      Is it possible to visit volcanos?
      Which hotels can you recommend to me (maximum 100$ per night)
      Do you recommend me to book only for the first night, and then try to find a better accomadation when i'll be there?
      Thanks in advance

5 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 2:48 AM
    • dancinbudgie's Profile Photo

Personal Trainer in Ubud?

Ubud Mar 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hi all,
      I am entered into the Las Vegas WBFF in August. I am going to be in Ubud during the 3 months leading up to the comp. Can anyone recommend a PT that would be able to work with me?
      Thanks

2 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 10:01 PM
    • sham_ismail's Profile Photo

culture and performance

Bali Mar 16, 2015 at 5:09 AM

Me and my friends are in a tight budget travelling to Bali. We are very much interested in observing and blend in with the local culture, which is better? Ubud or Batubulan considering the budget factor. Which temple should we visited to experience the richness of culture in Bali? We thinking of staying for three nights. with one day at the beach. This is our first time there and is public transport or tourist shuttle bus is available to go to these places?

The initial itinerary as follow; first day in Kuta(pantai Kuta)/South Kuta(padang-padang beach) for the beaches-second day to Uluwati for the beaches,temple and GWK-third day and fourth to either Ubud/Batubulan for the cultural sightseeing.

I know I am Missing a lot of thing but any suggestion for the itineraries? We are very flexible but on tight budget(sorry for mentioning it again and again...lols)

6 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 10:02 PM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Kuta to Ubud

Bali Feb 21, 2015 at 5:30 AM

Hi

How long does it take to get from Kuta to Ubud. 2 people travelling. What is the best mode of transport and what will the cost be

Many thanks travellers.

5 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 12:12 AM
    • Travel4fun10's Profile Photo

Layover suggestions.

Bali Feb 15, 2015 at 7:11 AM

I earned a trip to Bali and wanted to know the best layover city? I would to layover for just a few days to adjust to the time. We are flying out of ATL.

12 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 1:44 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Volcano climb

Bali Jan 27, 2015 at 3:14 AM

Hi

I want to trek a Volcano. My first choice is Mount Rinjani in Lombok unfortunately the reviews for Rinjani are not too good due to litter,rats. Are there any treks in Bali what are of similar height views etc. Could you also provide guide details.

Cheers

Sean

11 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 12:19 AM
    • Meowang's Profile Photo

Backpacking in Bali

Bali Jan 21, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Hi humans,
      I will be backpacking in Bali during March by myself.
      As i haven't been to Bali before, so i was wondering if i miss out any places in Bali that is a must visit kinda place or is my itinerary kinda wrong or something?

23rd- Mt Batur (Ubud)
      24th- Yoga (Ubud)
      25th-27th- Surfing (Kuta)
      28th-29th- Nothing in mind yet

In between, i will need help with adding places of interest into my itinerary.

Thanks in advance:)

7 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    • Please help me out with the itinerary for 4 day trip in bali?

Bali Jan 14, 2015 at 3:10 AM

hello Guys,

I`m travelling to bali with my husband over the weekend to celebrate my bday.We are staying for 4 days (landing on Friday and flying on Monday).We are staying at seminyak.
      Can you`ll please help me with an itinerary for the same .
      We like to party so the suggestions given for that are Kudeta, Potato Head , Rock bar. we would like to party all 3 nights.
      Besides that we would like to visit a temple , go for a atv ride or some other activity.
      we dont want to make it we very hectic trip.
      So if someone can suggest how to plan these aslo what is better to hire a driver with a car or to ride around on the bike by ourselves.
      And which local to get a local sim to get.

Thanks ,
      Aditi

2 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM
    • FreeAtLeisure's Profile Photo

Transport for 3 day trip (Ubud, Nusa Dua, Kuta)

Bali Jan 6, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Hi all, It seems hiring a private car / tour guide+driver is the best way to go around Bali. I am arriving to the airport early 8am in March 7 and departing about the same time in March 10, so that leaves me with three full days of sampling the island. I have already booked accommodations in Ubud, Nusa Dua and Kuta. My question is with transportation and if it is feasible to get a driver (or at least the same booking serivce) for the duration of the trip, and a rough estimate of the costs? Would be great to get contact details of drivers you've tried so I can start inquiring too.

My route and estimated travel time is as follows:

Day 1: Airport (8am pick-up)) >> Tirta Gangga >> Ubud hotel (3pm drop-off)  -- halfday trip

Day 2: Ubud hotel (10 am pick-up) >> Taman Ayun >> Tanah Lot >> Nusa Dua hotel (4pm drop-off)  - halfday trip

Day 3: Nusa Dua hotel (1pm pick-up) >> Kuta hotel  (should I take taxi instead, and how much?)

Departure: Kuta hotel (6:30am pick-up) >> Airport   (should I take taxi instead, and how much?)

Thanks! Ellie

9 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 11:25 PM
    • steven1117's Profile Photo

Accommodations near Kupu Kupu Barong Villas or closer to town

Ubud Dec 31, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I'd read some really conflicting reviews of the above place, and while the setting looks fantastic, the food looked awfully lacklustre and expensive. Given that it's a bit off the beaten path, are there any other places of the same range and style nearby that you could recommend? Or....even closer to town, but preferably with elevation.
      We arrive Friday evening.
      Thanks.

• Bali Itinerary for 5 Days

Bali Dec 20, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Hello Folks !!

I'll be traveling solo to Bali next week i.ee Dec 25-29 and i'd appreciate if anyone can help me with a good 5D itinerary.Well since theres so much to do and see in Bali,I'd like to restrict my self to Temples,nature and other aspects of cultural significance to Bali.I'm not much into beaches or night clubs.
      Also,can anyone recommend me a good tour operator ?

Thanks !!

3 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • Airport layover

Denpasar Dec 19, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Hi there

I have a flight from Dili Timor Leste to Bali on Sriwijaya Air and then i have a connecting flight to Jakarta in the afternoon like less than 2 hrs after landing

I was wondering is it very quick process to let says get off the plane, pay the $35USD for Visa On arrival, get stamped into Indonesia, exit customs then find my way to DOMESTIC DEPARTURES where they probably gave me my Jakarta boarding pass in Dili and all whats left is to pay domestic departure tax and go through security as there is no need to exit Indonesia as this is a Domestic flight

I am flying Sriwijaya Air so does this mean there is a seperate terminal at Bali airport for Domestic flights?

Also how much do i pay for departure tax tax for a domestic flight

I have never traveled to Bali Airport before as next week will be a huge challenge and I cant miss my flight to Jakarta as that means having to by another flight

3 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • Exchanging $100 USD Bills

Bali Dec 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Hello folks,

I'll be arriving in Bali next week from India and i have been told that i cannot exchange USD $100 bills printed prior to 2006.Is this correct ? The USD $100 bills i have received from my forex agent are the newer 2009A series bills,the one with Blue 3D security ribbon ? Is this something i need to worry about ?

Thanks !

4 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months

Bali Dec 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months i.e. and operate an online business. Is there good internet etc there?

2 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • Which beach for Snorkelling? getting there advice needed as well

Bali Dec 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Hi all

Need some quick responses as I'm trying to decide whether to visit Bali pre-Christmas till Boxing Day and need to book flights soon.

1. What beach is good for snorkeling? I did some research and seems Blue Lagoon and Amed are good?

2. The beaches that are good for snorkelling seem further away than the usual Kuta, Nusa Dua etc. How do I get there? Any idea of cost of driver and car hire? Is it possible to get a driver and car from the airport or do I have to pre-book?

3. Is it a good idea to travel from this seemingly out of the way beach to Ubud?

Thanks for replies!

9 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • Travel Tips

Bali Dec 4, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Any tips when travel to Bali?

7 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 8:28 PM
    • Friese's Profile Photo

Lombok: how to get from Lembar Port to North part or to Gili ?

Bali Nov 25, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Hello :)

Could you help me, please? :)
      My husband and I are going to Bali & Lombok / Gili in April 2015.

1) Maybe do you know, how we can get from the port in Lombok (Lembar) to the North area in Lombok? :)
      Here is map what I mean: http://oi59.tinypic.com/28thoqd.jpg

2) If we get off the boat (cheaper one: lombok-network.com/by_boat.h...) in Lombok at 01:00 am or 7:00 am - do you know is there any buses which can takes us to Nothern area of Lombok?
      2a) If yes, do you know where I can find time of departures this buses and prices? ;)
      (We hear that is better to avoid taxi drivers and thats why we prefer buses)

3) Or how to get from Lombok to Gili?

I will extremely thankful for you for any information :)
      Kind regards! :)

4 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • Taking Lamb meat

Bali Nov 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Hi there,
      does anyone know about new rules for taking Lamb meat to Bali?
      we are going Bali in December and plan to take 20 kg of lamb meat with us, i know we have declare it but what is the procedure after that?
      thanks

2 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM
    • Cheap but Affordable Hotel in Bali

Bali Nov 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Hi,

Anyone with a suggestion? This is for 2 persons only. Also is it recommended to hire a private driver to tour us around? Hope someone can help. Thanks!

5 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 12:46 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Yoga/spa rejuvenation trip

Bali Nov 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hello all,

Can anyone suggest a reputable, serene, and safe spa resort providing Ayurveda (panchakarma) and yoga therapies for a girl travelling alone. She is an acquaintance of mine and is looking for an extended stay for 2-3 weeks at a same location. She is a US citizen and will she need a visa?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can suggest a travel agency or website she can lookout for as an American traveling from the US to Indonesia.

Thanks in advance! Ali

5 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 11:14 AM
    • Places to visit and cheaper places to stay.

Bali Nov 10, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Looking for safe and decent priced places to stay in Bali, Ubud, and Borneo and suggestions on places to visit. Possibly two weeks in those places Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 4:32 AM
    • dannyboy13's Profile Photo

looking for people to hang out with in bali and or travel with

Bali Nov 6, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Well yeah I'm interning at the veterinary department here for 3 weeks in denpasar but work is pretty scarce lmao..if anyone wants to chill, travel or even grab some shisha let me know!

2 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 10:17 PM
    • Our Driver Putu from trip 2010

Ubud Nov 2, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Hi,

does anyone recognize Putu from this picture?

He was our driver when we stayed in Ubud Feb to March 2010.

Now we are coming back i December and would love to have him as out driver again, but I cant find his business card with mail address or phone.

Anyone out there able to help?

Regards

Christian

4 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • hotel in bali from iran

Bali Oct 29, 2014 at 6:08 AM

hello

i am travel azhancy in iran and i want to send some of my passengers to bali but i cant find cheap hotel for theme.travelres has paied money in our site tourgah.ir/tag/%D8%AA%D9%88%...

and they sign uped and now i cant payback thier money please help me

5 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM
    • Zara86's Profile Photo

Travelling as a lone parent with a child

Bali Oct 29, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Hi all,

just wondering whether anyone had any advice on travelling to Bali as a single mother with a 7 year old. I was looking to travel to Ubud and then Sanur, for around 2ish weeks (maybe 3). Does anyone have any tips, advice or recommendations on "must do" activities?. I want my son to experience as much of the culture as possible, without boring him, as well as a fun beach holiday. Plus, I would like to know if it is safe. I have read the Balaniese people adore children, but would like some feedback from someone who knows their way around or may be a single parent that has travelled with a child themselves.

Many thanks!

3 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM
    • The name of Hotel / Homestay ??

Kuta Oct 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM

In Jan. 2012 I stayed at a hotel / homestay on Gang Sorga, adjacent to Poppies 1. I am looking for the name of this place. It was directly beside Hotel Sorga, which is at the beach end of the laneway just metres away from Poppies 1.
      Another hotel I am certain of as you enter Gang Sorga from Poppies 1 is New Arena. Any mention of hotels on google maps, Tripadvisor or Google Earth are not the hotel I am looking for. I cannot find its name in travel guides.
      This would be the best information I could give as to the relative location of the homestay / hotel name I look for.
      This is a link to the some photos of the pool and rooms surrounding. http://1drv.ms/1rxdw8K

1 Answer Oct 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM
    • bmelanie's Profile Photo

Other beaches? Bali, Kuta

Bali Oct 27, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Hi all, after viewing the helpful answers to my previous question, I have decided to still visit Kuta beach for a try since it is only nearby my booked hotel. I would like to ask what are the other beaches I can visit. I will be staying at Holiday Inn Express just nearby Kuta beach. What are some nice beaches around that area and how do I get there? Thanks (:

3 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 12:18 AM