Bali Travel Answers

change location

Solo female traveller in bali

by surfgirl06 Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Hello, im 22yrs, british and female. Im thinking of doing about three weeks in march, im not wanting to spend alot, and a little unsure where in bali would be best, any suggestions? and any recommended accommodation? I will be traveling by myself so would like to meet other travellers but also get a taste of real bali culture and scenery.
If anyone can help i would really appreciate it!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Homanded's Profile Photo

Re: Solo female traveller in bali

by Homanded Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM

For culture and authenticity, the UBUD area is ideal.
    Easy to arrange tours from this area as well if you want to travel deeper into Bali. Having said that, it is not the most popular with younger, especially single people as after evening/night fall it is pretty quiet.
    One of the beach side communities might be better for you if you are looking to party, club hop or enjoy the night life.

Homer

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Bonkers11's Profile Photo

by Bonkers11 Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I agree, if your up for seeing pottery and temples as well as other local traditional people etc then UBUD is the place, I have been twice, once in 1994 when I was 20 and again when I was 30, I have to say when I was 20 Kuta did me very well but cant remember seeing much surfing going on, not sure what the place is like now as when I was 30 it seemed alot quiter and hardly any tourists around. Hope you have a good time.

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo

by Mozumbus Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

We stayed at Dana Guesthouse which is located in a peaceful local neighborhood of Kerobokan. The area is surrounded with good scenery; paddy fields etc. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Owner is an easygoing Australian. We also met a few happy solo female travelers there :)

They provide free airport pickup, breakfast, and internet. It is cheap too. For the double bed we paid USD 20 per room per night.

Canggu beach was nearby which we could not visit but a couple staying there found that worth it as opposed to Kuta which is crowded and full of touts. The famous Tanah Lot temple is also located nearby.

At the risk of sounding like a commission agent for the gueshouse I would highly recommend the place to make a base to explore around the magical island!

Muzzammil

• Re: Solo female traveller in bali

by sharvana85 Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Hi I'm plannin to travel Bali in March, Male 26yrs. I'm plannin to travel alone. So lookin for a decent travel partner. If you are interested do let me knw. thnx

by pepee123 Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Hi,

I am going to Bali on March 4. I was thinking about renting the car with driver or motorcycle. This was suggested by local guys living in Jakarta. It's cheap and you can see the whole island. I would much appreciated for a company, so we can share costs together as well as spend some time.

Currently I am in Jakartam and this week I will get the whole trip advisor package from local people. So will be able to share some thoughts.

Anyone intersted in visiting the island in group? Just let me know. As for now I am alone.

by pepee123 Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Sorry...I am Anna, 26.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bali Travel Answer Locations