Bali Travel Answers

change location

Bali trip in August

by aprilheather Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I am going to Bali in August this year and I was wondering how concerned I should be about booking homestays in advance around Ubud? What about other places like Lovina?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Bali trip in August

by davidjo Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Bali is nearly busy all year round these days but peak periods in Bali are jun-jul-aug (when many Aussies are there)so if you know your itninerary and want to stay in good quality homestays and they have a website it may be worthwhile booking in advance. Lovina is in the north and the beach is nice and much quieter than Kuta in the south. I had a pleasant stay there a few yrs ago and can recommend it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ubudian's Profile Photo

by Ubudian Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I agree with David's reply. August is our peak tourist month, and while you would still be able to find something here, the selection would be more limited and you'll have to do a lot more looking around.

In the past few years the internet has gone viral here and it seems most everyone has a computer, so even the most modest homestay is likely to have at least a presence on Facebook if not a web site.

• oasisw's Profile Photo

by oasisw Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I am agree with them, August will be peak season in Bali. Lovina is a lovely place to visit without doubt. Alternative place to visit are Lombok, Nusa Lembongan, Gili Islands (Gili Trawangan, Gili Air) which is a quite famous getaway nowadays. Jimbaran area is also nice, there you can do many activities such as diving, water sports (parasailing, banana boat, etc), enjoy sunset at Karma Kandara beach. It is advisable to book your hotel and tickets in advance.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM

If you are going to visit Lombok forget Singigi or Gili Isles, visit Kuta in the south of the island, very laid back place, great beaches and unlike Kuta in Bali.---In my opinion only

• Ubudian's Profile Photo

by Ubudian Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 6:11 AM

If you’re considering any of the three Gili Islands then you definitely need to book well in advance for the month of August. All three islands will sell out (if they aren’t already). Personally I would avoid the Gili islands in August unless you enjoy very rowdy 24 hour partying like in Kuta, Bali. A lot of Australians take their holidays in August and the Gili islands, along with Kuta, Bali are their favored destinations.

Kuta, Lombok on the other hand is as Dave describes. I can personally recommend an excellent home stay there called Mimpi Manis (Sweet Dreams).

http://www.mimpimanis.com/

The only negative about Kuta, Lombok is that the native Sasak beach touts can be a bit overbearing and insistent.

An excellent choice for diving would be the Amed area along the east coast of Bali. Personally I would pass on Lovina. The area is beginning to look a bit worn in my view and the beaches aren’t anything exceptional by any means. There are far better white sand and remote beaches to be found in and around the Candi Dasa area of south east Bali.

• Re: Bali trip in August

by agustian Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Also considering August is close round about when the ramadhan is, advance booking is strongly recommended

• JoanR16's Profile Photo

by JoanR16 Online Now Apr 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM

if you stay in lovina, you can stay in hotel parma, cheap n direct from lovina beach.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bali Travel Answer Locations