Bali Travel Answers

change location
CEP1863's Profile Photo

Sightseeing in a day

by CEP1863 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Hi I have one day in which to explore the highlights of Bali. Can anyone suggest the must see places. I will be starting out from Sanur.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: Sightseeing in a day

by ukinsurance Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I think Ubud and Denpensar are not to be missed. If I were in your place, I would have not been anxious about seeing as much in a day as possible, I would prefer to laze around in on of those amazing rice farm resorts. Try them out, they are amazing.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Homanded's Profile Photo

Re: Sightseeing in a day

by Homanded Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Depending on what you mean by "one day".
    If you are landing in Bali/Denpasar it will be approximately 1 hour to get to UBUD. For optimal sightseeing, this is where you want to be.
    From here you can expand outward and see some nice temples, rice fields, wonderful Balinese culture.
    If you are leaving the following day after noon, I'd personally spend the night in Ubud and catch a ride to DPS early next morning.
    This way you can enjoy some nice restaurants and continue sightseeing in Ubud.

If by one day you mean arriving/departing same day with only a few hours - 10-12.
    I'd only concentrate on Ubud itself.
    Ubud has a lot of temples within it as well as some very nice local sights.
    You can catch a nice meal before headed back to DPS for your flight out.

Homer

• Daihappydai's Profile Photo

by Daihappydai Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 3:50 AM

If you have a whole day and are starting out from a hotel in Sanur, and if this is your first visit to Bali, I would recommend a day tour that takes you to several sites in the one day. Your hotel should be able to help you organise this - a couple of temples, perhaps a market, rice field views, lunch at a restaurant, ending the day at Tanah Lot or other place for sunset. There are numerous whole day - 8 to 9 hour - tours.
    Have a good trip

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM

I agree that Ubud should be at the top of the list, then perhaps Tanah Lot sea temple, Kuta beach, Nusa Dua, Gunung Batur volcano.
    You will not have much time to do much more.

• loksch's Profile Photo

by loksch Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I would hire a van - 35 per day and head to the North of the island - THE Rain Forest - then hop over to Ubud others have recommended and spend the balance of your day
    seeing the sights in that lovely locale and driving through the scenic rice countryside.

• Ubudian's Profile Photo

by Ubudian Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM

You can definitely take a pass on Denpasar…way too much traffic and aside from the Bali Museum, there really isn’t anything there worthy of spending any of the precious little time you have.

Ubud, which has been my home for the past 15 years, is the single most important area for you to spend your single day. It is for no small reason that Ubud and its surrounding villages is called the cultural heart of Bali.

I’d forget about taking any organized tours, rather you should hire a private Balinese driver who can show you a whole lot more in your single day than you’ll ever see in an organized tour which will most likely include unsolicited stops at tourist trap shopping areas such as Sukawati market, coffee plantations and batik factories, etc.

If you want a list of great private Balinese drivers…ones that I’ve personally been using for many past years, just send me a private message and I’ll pass that along.

Enjoy your single day on Bali, and my bet is, you’ll be back!

• oasisw's Profile Photo

by oasisw Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I suggest go to Ubud and Tanah Lot sea temple. You can go to Pasar Sukowati to buy shirts, but make sure to negotiate the price. LOL.
    Then you can eat at Nuri's or Babi Guling Ibu Oka, go to Temple, view Balinese dance, continue visit Monkey Forest and finally go to Tanah Lot for sunset. If you're stay in Sanur area, try water sports activities nearby.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bali Travel Answer Locations