Bali Travel Answers

change location

Trip to Bali for a week

by DesmondOCY Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I'm planing to have graduation budget trip with my friends in Bali. The trip is in end of August until early of September. Can you please suggest place to visit such as cities, beach and etc in Bali? If possible, can you please suggest some nice accommodations as well?

Thanks in advance ~

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Re: Trip to Bali for a week

by sopra_ti Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Do you want to Surf or scuba dive?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Daihappydai's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Bali for a week

by Daihappydai Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Where you stay in Bali depends a lot on what sort of nightlife you want. South Bali around Kuta, Legian and Seminyak has the most bars and clubs that cater for late nights, but this area does not necessarily have the best beaches. Good beaches in more relaxed areas include those on the east coast near Padangbai and north-east in the Amed area, as well as north in the Lovina area. You can find ample information about day trips to cultural sites at your accommodation. Ubud is an often visited place - not on the coast, from where you can visit many cultural sites in half a day. Bali is a beautiful place - temples, rice fields, very friendly people. If it is your first time, don't spend it all at the beach.

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo

by DaHongHua Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Bali is a beautiful island, I am glad you pick Bali to enjoy your graduation holiday. I planned to revisit Bali in August this year after 2011. Some homework is needed for you and your friends to decide where to stay, what to do and how much need to be spared. Just google around : Bali, Bali Spa, Bali Vacation, White water rafting, Kuta beach, Legian, .... any Bali related key word can lead you to a lot of informations. In 2011, I did 5D4N stay at 3 different areas. I made up my mind I want to return to Bali again, and I have the flight booked, so do the hotels. You get better price booked early. This round, I am doing 6D5N, stay at 5 different corners in Bali, added Ubud and Amed, I have missed. This round, I did less searching on what to do but more on where to stay as I have budget too. Many hotels, villas and homestays are waiting for you. Enjoy your searching, enjoy your planning.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Yes you are attracted to Bali but if you prefer quiet and wonderful beaches cross over to Lombok for a few days and stay in Kuta in the south---small villages and really wonderful beaches, completely different from Kuta , Bali.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I would strongly recommend Ubud which was a very interesting town culturewise. Sanur is reasonably quiet and has a nice beach. Kuta, Legian are the nightlife areas. We also enjoyed visiting a beautiful temple located in a lake and a volcano.

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo

by Mozumbus Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM

we stayed at Dana Guesthouse near Kerobokan/Canggu - a peaceful neighborhood. If you can drive a motorbike then little can beat this place. Motorcycle was free of charge along with free breakfast and free airport pick-up.. Great value for money indeed....

• simplytaj's Profile Photo

by simplytaj Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

There are a lot of beautiful places to go to in Bali.Its a big island to explore. Staying there for a month was just great. I stayed in Kuta, Novus Spa Resort. It feels like home, having my own terrace outdoor garden and dining area, open huge bathroom, huge walk in and a nice bedroom for 1000USD (not bad). If you are travelling alone, I suggest you better hook up with people to share interest with if its surfing, swimming, bar hopping, yoga, salsa dancing,arts, dining out or being a spa addict. I am an artist, Ubud on daytime was great,was a spa addict so hopping to different spas was an indulgence, was into yoga at 6 pm w/a group in Prana, kept me balance and I joined a salsa group on weekends that made my nights busy. Know your passion and your interests... one or two weeks you can go around Bali and meet nice people!

• phingy's Profile Photo

by phingy Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I went to Bali in Aug 12 and it is really a very beautiful place. I would recommend Kitamani volcano and Besakih temple for sightseeing. For souvenir shopping, try out Sukawati market (about 1/3 price compared to other places and bargaining is strongly encouraged). Sukawati is on the way to Kitamani, so if you're hiring a driver, do drop by! If you want to try surfing or clubbing/bars, head to Kuta. For cheap water sports, book at package to Nusa Dua :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bali Travel Answer Locations