change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• n4nova's Profile Photo

Kintamani or Ulun Danu Temple?

by n4nova Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I will be in Ubud for 2 days. I have a plan for Goa Gajah at first. Then, I was planning to go for Ulun Danu Temple for a whole day. After seeing images of Kintamani, I am a bit confused. KIntamni seems to be more beautiful. Can you guys please help me decide.
      Or may be you can help me to know how to cover both.

Also, please let me know whether there is any reliable travel agency you already know who can help me for this.

Thanks,

Srijani.

more
    • About Bali

by JBH1 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I'm looking to go to Bali in early June for 2 weeks & wondered where's the best area to be in - by the beach in a 4* or 5* hotel that we can visit places of interest from there or chill out some of the time as well? What are the MUST VISIT places in Bali & is there places to go out at night time - for a meal & or just a few drinks, all within walking distance of our hotel? We like to sample the local food & to try different restaurants over our holiday. I must point out that my husband & I are in our 50's when I asked the question. We do enjoy lively at night time, but not too wild -18-30s's. Does Bali have street food (like Thailand) that's safe & good to eat? We've had Indonesian food in UK & other countries before & it's delicious!!!! Is it cheap to eat out in Bali? Once there, is Bali good value?
      Thanks,
      JBH1

more
    • About Bali

by JBH1 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I'm looking to go to Bali in early June for 2 weeks & wondered where's the best area to be in - by the beach in a 4* or 5* hotel that we can visit places of interest from there or chill out some of the time as well? What are the MUST VISIT places in Bali & is there places to go out at night time - for a meal & or just a few drinks, all within walking distance of our hotel? We like to sample the local food & to try different restaurants over our holiday. I must point out that my husband & I are in our 50's when I asked the question. We do enjoy lively at night time, but not too wild -18-30s's. Does Bali have street food (like Thailand) that's safe & good to eat? We've had Indonesian food in UK & other countries before & it's delicious!!!! Is it cheap to eat out in Bali? Once there, is Bali good value?
      Thanks,
      JBH1

5 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Kintamani or Ulun Danu Temple?

by n4nova Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I will be in Ubud for 2 days. I have a plan for Goa Gajah at first. Then, I was planning to go for Ulun Danu Temple for a whole day. After seeing images of Kintamani, I am a bit confused. KIntamni seems to be more beautiful. Can you guys please help me decide.
      Or may be you can help me to know how to cover both.

Also, please let me know whether there is any reliable travel agency you already know who can help me for this.

Thanks,

Srijani.

1 Answer Apr 8, 2014 at 9:50 PM
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

Nyepi 2014

by elpariente Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM

As far as I know Nyepy this year will be on 31st March
      Actually I have a travel plan where I didnĀ“t consider to be in Bali for the Nyepy
      I have some questions :
      - Is it the Nyepy, and the day before, an opportunity and very interesting to see and to live, that is worth to change our travel plans to be there those days ?
      - Nyepy day, I understand is a day when we must stay in the hotel and we can not do any activity
      - Is it Ubud the right place to be during these days ?
      - What are we expecting to see and to do during Nyepy days ?
      Thank you for your information

6 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:29 AM
    • Segara village hotel

by taylk534 Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 2:24 AM

We are looking at going to the Segara village hotel in Bali over Xmas 2014, can anyone tell me what the local area is like & is it safe to venture out at night, we have been told a few horror stories from people who have been to Bali.
      Thanks Keith

2 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 4:34 AM
    • bali adventure tours rafting & elephant ride

by RoseStonehouse Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Does anyone know if it would be cheaper to purchase this from tour booths when I get to bali or should I book it online with BAT before I leave?

2 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 1:20 AM
    • Fesmaliana's Profile Photo

bali 4december-9december

by Fesmaliana Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Im goin to bali on 4december, i want to stay in kuta bali, is there any people here want to hangout together with me and my friends :-)

1 Answer Nov 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    • May150587's Profile Photo

Anyone in Bali on 3rd Nov 2013??

by May150587 Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Hi guys...
      This is my 2nd time went to Bali....
      Im going to Bali on next month,stay for 4 nights...
      Anyone there at the moment???
      I like to meeting up a new people around the world....

6 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    • SumathyK's Profile Photo

Tour agency

by SumathyK Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I will be travelling to Bali next month and look for a reliable tour agent in Bali. Please suggest. Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:29 AM
    • I wanted to ask about Homestay Accommodation in the Canggu Area, for surfers

by rosainparadise Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I am visiting soon to Bali, I need a nice place to stay, not too expensive, which has parking, and near the surf in Canggu. Any ideas? When I search I only find hotels. I want something a bit more affordable. Somewhere with a pool, quiet. Thanks

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • Travelling to Bali indonesia

by Jaycees1964 Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 4:57 AM

What currency should I bring? Can I bring a prepaid currency card with US dollars loaded on ? Is this easy to use here and can I lift out rupiah from an ATM on the prepaid US dollars card ?

5 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 11:15 PM
    • Mode of transit

by ThaiGhai Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM

What is the best way to travel between Sanur and Jemeluk?

4 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Bali Driver Recommendation

by DaHongHua Online Now Jan 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I plan to go to Bali again, my Bali driver I hired in 2011 in still in my list, he charged RP450,000 for a standard full day. This coming trip, I plan to hire a driver for 4 full day. would want to invite a few more recommendations of good driver, just for comparison.

26 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    • skippermax1's Profile Photo

Bali & Lombok: worth a trip?

by skippermax1 Online Now Jan 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM

HI!! I hope you are all well. I am just back from a fab trip to West Coast Australia & am already planning a trip for next July. I am in my mid-30's, love travel, seeing new places & new cultures ( I am very interested in Buddhist culture), I am very active and love hiking, swimming, snorkelling etc...
      I hear mixed reports on Bali: some say it has been destroyed by tourism: Is it still worth a trip?

I'm looking at doing an adventure group tour and then having a few days to travel on my own; here's the itinerary...

intrepidtravel.com/indonesia...

Any advice would be appreciated!

Kind regards!

Dave

15 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 3:31 AM
    • hazellejade's Profile Photo

Bali end Jan or early Feb

by hazellejade Online Now Jan 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Hi, I am planning to travel solo to Bali end Jan or early Feb, staying in Ubud area. Wondering if anyone has similar itinerary and would like to travel together? I am from Asia, Singapore :)

3 Answers Feb 10, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    • Looking for Villa's near Jimbaran or Nusa Dua for a group of 6-10

by DWTvancouver Online Now Dec 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Hello,

Group of using are heading to Bali in May 2013 for a wedding. We are looking for accommodations, preferable a villa near the jimbaran or Nusa Dua area.

Any recommendations on Villa's that provide full service (ie. chef, maid, driver) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

4 Answers Mar 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    • good optician in Bali

by Kanram Online Now Nov 22, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Hi,
      I am in Bali now, I would like to know a good optician as I need to make a pair of spectacles, I am staying in Nasue Dua.
      Thanks for u reply.

2 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    • Non Xrated For Family

by tobyant Online Now Aug 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hi.. il be on a holiday in bali Next month. Iv heard and read so much abt the island. From the streets, hotels, attractions etc.. I also heard that there's so many x-rated party spots. Can anyone here tell me the better place to bring my family and friends (adults) to party. We dont want to end up in those places with HUMAN AQUARIUM or places that are full with prostitutes and call girls.. THANK YOU....

8 Answers Aug 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM
    • PrashanthK's Profile Photo

Disabled Traveller

by PrashanthK Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Hi Folks,

I am travelling to Bali with my wife on Aug 1st to 6th. I am a elbow crutch user, with a fair bit accessibility (basically I can climb stairs with rails, or those with enough area to rest my feet).

I wanted to check what are the tourist spots that are not very disabled accessible that (a) I should avoid (b) take any assistance if available ?

Any insight would be well appreciated.

Cheers,
      Prashanth

1 Answer Jul 23, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    • iamatopmodel's Profile Photo

on Renting a Car

by iamatopmodel Online Now Jul 4, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Hi,

My friend and I will be staying in Ubud come Sept 19. Do you know of any car owner who cant rent his/her car (with driver) for a day's tour around the island? we're looking for the best deal. im also wondering if it's better to book a package tour through a travel agency online.

thanks!

5 Answers Jul 5, 2012 at 3:56 AM
    • Bali with the family

by Karlodrei Online Now Jun 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I will be travelling to Indonesia width my family.I will have a few days for my own adventures. Anybody been to Indonesia before to suggest for me the places to visit? And the hotels that I can book? Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM
    • CrystalT's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by CrystalT Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 4:22 AM

Hi myself and 2 friends will be visiting Bali in June.. We are unsure where to stay but all we would be interested in will be Spa's markets, shopping, spas and more spas lol.. Not really interested in water activities.. Maybe a day out looking at the temples.. Please can you suggest an area to stay in.. Thankyou

7 Answers Aug 27, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    • Which area to stay is more convenient to travel around?

by lilywong Online Now May 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Hi, I and my hubby will be going to Bali in Oct and not sure which area should we stay becos I don't have any single idea about the geographic location of Kuta, Ubud and a lot other area names I've seen from the VT reviews.

Understand that Kuta is too commercial. Since we are not sea sports or beach lovers so it's no need to stay around the beach side.

Other than the Sukowati market, Matahari, Candikuning market etc, where can we go to experience more local people daily lives e.g. vegetable market, internet cafe (if there's any) etc?

Many tks,

10 Answers Jun 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM
    • Ubud hotels near Monkey Forest Road

by pagibaru Online Now Apr 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM

New ideas needed! My wife is in Ubud now, staying at a house on Jl.Bisma where she has stayed before. This time, though, heavy construction is going on at the Pertiwi across the stream from the house. She would like to move someplace quieter on M.F Road or Jl. Bisma. We know a number of the places on Monkey Forest but could use some help here. Wishes: A/C, pool, clean, upper room if possible with private balcony, safe and secure for personal belongings(safety box). Can go as high as Rp500,000 or so. Thoughts? Ubud Inn, White House, Dewi Ayu, gimme some feedback here. Tegal Sagi/Greenfields is a bit far from her usual haunts(Tutmak,Sagittarius, Cafe Wayan) and usually booked solid. Any help appreciated. Thanks

1 Answer Apr 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    • phones

by ange72 Online Now Apr 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

hi,sorry another question,what is the best way to use mobile phones in Bali, to buy a sim card or to use international roaming?

6 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    • taxi rate

by ange72 Online Now Apr 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM

hi,my family of 4 will be arriving in Bali in 2 weeks,what is the best way to get transport from airport to the Bali Dynasty? & how much should we pay?
      thanking you.

4 Answers Jun 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    • vieviengan's Profile Photo

Bali place to stay for arriving late

by vieviengan Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Hi , I will be arriving in Bali in the late evening, so I wouldn't want to spend too much on a hotel where I will be just sleeping. My budget will be about Usd30-50 for a night, prefer to be in Kuta or places with food. First day arriving would be tiring, so we just need a place near food so that we dont need to walk too far after checking in and probably some places that we can walk around for the first night .

2 Answers Mar 27, 2012 at 3:22 AM
    • Raihanah's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in Bali (21-25 November 2012)

by Raihanah Online Now Mar 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Hi all! We are a Muslim couple intending to have our 5 days 4 night honeymoon in Bali this November 21-25.

Would love to hear on the recommended accommodation areas, Muslim eating places as well as places to visit.

Husband-to-be has requested that we should have a private pool to ourselves.

Suggestions and ideas will be greatly welcomed!!

9 Answers Jun 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    • Bourgeois's Profile Photo

Bali to gili islands

by Bourgeois Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I wanted some information on catching a boat from Serangan Bali to Gili Trawangan is there other options than very fast boats from that port,I dont want a gut wrenching experience!

11 Answers Mar 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    • vieviengan's Profile Photo

Bungee Jump

by vieviengan Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Can I know where can I do this Bungee Jump and how much is it ?

1 Answer Mar 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    • Capisco's Profile Photo

Villa with private pool

by Capisco Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Hello everybody ,

I am looking for a hotel that offers villa with private pool and a kitchen if possible my price range is up to 170usd per night

i found those two places

but i am not sure whichis better or if there is something better than them

Parigata Spa Villas

Balibaliku Luxury Villa

I am going there for honey moon

looking for your answer :)

Any one need anything from Egypt i am here :)

Thanks

Karim Kassem

4 Answers Aug 27, 2012 at 7:17 AM