Bali Travel Answers

change location
PrashanthK's Profile Photo

Disabled Traveller

by PrashanthK Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Hi Folks,

I am travelling to Bali with my wife on Aug 1st to 6th. I am a elbow crutch user, with a fair bit accessibility (basically I can climb stairs with rails, or those with enough area to rest my feet).

I wanted to check what are the tourist spots that are not very disabled accessible that (a) I should avoid (b) take any assistance if available ?

Any insight would be well appreciated.

Cheers,
Prashanth

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • theo1006's Profile Photo

Re: Disabled Traveller

by theo1006 Online Now Jul 23, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Hi Prashanth,
    Your question is a difficult one to answer. Facilities for the disabled are virtually non-existant in Bali and in Indonesia generally.
    E.g. access to temples and palaces in Bali is always through a flight of stairs. Temples generally have a porch with high threshold. So I think you would need some assistance with them.
    You may want to stay in Ubud, visit the Balinese Art Museum and attend a dance performance - reasonably accessable. But getting around in town on narrow and crowded sidewalks may be difficult. And if you decide to take a taxi, you may spend a lot of time in traffic jams.
    Are there any specific sights you have in mind, then we might comment in these.
    Regards,
    Theo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines