Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Internet connection/isp

Pati Nov 21, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Hi,can I get some guide/infos,how to get internet connection at pati-sinoman?I've been trying to get some data sim cards to connect to my laptop to get a internet connetion.Failed to get connection to laptop even with some settings,unable to register.Able to get mobile data connection but not for my laptop.And also which type of antenna can be recommended for my Samsung 55"hdtv?Tried normal antenna for my 32" Samsung tv.Picture not clear.What are the connections/connecters required for my tv?Please help/guide me to solve this issues.THANK YOU.

• tikus tample

Trowulan Nov 16, 2015 at 7:30 PM

what do you think about all of this temple?

• is sharia law practiced in south sulawesi

South Sulawesi Province Nov 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM

is sharia law practiced in south sulawesi

• Flores, Indonesia Overland Travel Route advice

Indonesia Nov 17, 2015 at 2:10 AM

Seek for advice from anyonen who explored Flores before or who are familiar with Flores.

I plan to explore Flores after a LOB Komodo dive trip, the boat will drop me in Labuan Bajo around noon, one of my friend will join me for the extend stay. We have roughly 7 days 6 Night (but the day 7 leaving Flores - Maumere / Ende around 7-8am) for a connection flight at 1pm in Bali back to our home.

My plan for the overland route is something look like this On 25 April 2016: Depart Labuan Bajo to Dintor / Denge (either Wae Rebo Lodge/ Denge - Wae Rebo lodge look nice as staying near the paddy field and beach side which can spend some visit?). Depart from Labuan Bajo around / 1pm-2pm, Then arrive the homestay overnight

On 26 April 2016: Go to Wae Rebo trek, stay overnight at the village on top of the hill or come back to the Dintor/Denge on the same day evening for another night at the bottom.

On 27April 2016: Go to Bajawa, maybe some hotel / homestay nearby Mt Inerie

On 28 April 2016: Plan A: Sightseeing around Bajawa n Surrounding Mt Inerie, then travel to Moni/Kelimutu area Plan B: Trek up Mt Inerie, then sightseeing Bajawa, another night at Bajawa.

On 29 April 2016: Plan A: Visit Kelimutu then go to Maumeeree or Edne Plan B: Bajawa to Moni/ Kelimutu area, explore around

On 30 April 2016: Plan A: Explore Maumeree. Or Explore Plan B: Visit Kelimutu then go to Maumeree or Edne

On 1 May 2016: Fly back from Maumeree / Edne to Bali (morning flight7am) then to Malaysia (afternoon flight1pm)

-Ideal plan is to cover Wae Rebo, Mt Inerie, Kelimutu, and a little bit on Maumere/ Ende, as not so sure the exact duration that will be taken from one point to another, really appreaciate some advise so we could see if our plan route is feasible or not, or we need to either drop Wae Rebo (e.g Labuan Bajo to Ruten then Bajawa- Kelimutu- Maumere/Ende) or Mt Inerie/ Maumere/Ende (Plan A or Plan B)

-How long is the journey from Labuan Bajo to Dintor / Denge? -Is it easy to get a Taxi or Private Car at Labuan Bajo? Believe by the time we reached either Dintor / Denge it is late night already. -Any one stay in Wae Rebo Lodge before? How far is the Wae Rebo Lodge to Denge travel information hut? and do you know if they will arrange the Wae Rebo trip (as we may need transport to go) or it is recommended to directly stay in Denge to skip the transport issue. - Is it possible to do day trip up and down on the same day for Wae Rebo? (Guess, If stay overnight then we will be back on next day afternoon to continue the journey to Bajawa)

-How far from Denge / Dintor to Bajawa? Easy to get transport from there who willing to bring us Bajawa? if we depart around 12pm/1pm, possible to reach at night to any hotel nearby Mt Inerie or have to stopover one night at Ruteng? Guess the spider web paddy field is on the way.

-Heard there is one call Manulalu Villa is nice in Bajawa, anyone stay there before? is it close by to the visiting places like traditional village, hot srping and Mt Inerie? or is it recommend to be at the town? How far is the Bajawa town to the visitor places?

-For Plan B seem there is no time to explore either Maumeree / Edne as i guess we will arrive either of those town late afternoon or evening. If Mt Inerie is a difficult trek, and if there are other simple route that we could still see the nice banjaran of the mountain without hiking it up, we could drop the idea of Plan B, is Plan A enough for one traditional village nearby Mt Inerie and a simple trek (not hike up) around the Mt Inerie? There are many traditional village at Bajawa, which one worth the visit with our limited time?

-How far from Bajawa to Edne/Moni/ Kelimutu area? Is it recommended to stay Edne on the day before Mt Kelimutu trek? or Eco Lodge at Kelimutu a better option?

-After Kelimutu visit, thinking the two nearest airport is Maumeree or Edne, which of it worth more to explore? As we only have half day or some time if so happen those nice places are located on the way during the journey to stopbyl (if we are with Plan B)/ one day (if we are with Plan A), so far only know Sikka village with a nice Portogues Church at Maumeree and also a floating village wuring, not so sure about Edne.

-welcome for any good homestay/ hotel/ guesthouse recommendation, also for any good driver, we are ok with limited or just simple English speaking as we are from Malaysia, able to speak a little Bahasa Indonesia.

Thaks for all advices in advance

• BE001903's Profile Photo

Must sees Java Sulawesi

Indonesia Oct 26, 2015 at 12:36 PM

We're looking into a 3 week trip to Java and Sulawesi. In Sulawesi our main (only ) objective is to visit the Toraja. Java : obviously Borobudur, also Prambanan, Yogjakarta, Mt Bromo, Ijen NP. But what else should we put on the itinerary?
      We love 'couleur local' (minority villages and alike), nature, culture. We're NO hikers. Do like the 3-max 4 hours easy walk, but there's where the fun ends for me.

• traveling and need an answer

South Sulawesi Province Nov 3, 2015 at 12:49 PM

is sharia law practed in south sulawesi

• Gyppo's Profile Photo

48 hours in Jakarta

Jakarta Nov 11, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Dear Jakrta VTers,

I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

My girlfriend is going to Jakarta for a business trip in a couple of weeks and will stay in a swanky hotel in Jakarta Selatan. I might tag along with her, but she's going to be very busy with work so I'm likely to have to fend for myself. I'd like to ask for suggestions for a rough itinerary for 48 hours in Jakarta. I've seen a tip for the free city tour bus and might do that, but I am keen to know about other things I should do.

I don't really like taking taxis if there is an alternative, but I gather the Jakarta public transportation isn't brilliant - is that right? I don't take motorbike taxis as a rule as I had a bad crash a few years back.

I have basic Bahasa Melayu, and usually manage to get by as a tourist in Malaysia. Will that be OK in Jakarta?

Finally, if anyone has any tips about vegetarian restaurants I should eat at, I'd be grateful to hear them.

Thanks in advance!

• Do i need to book accomadation online before i arrive?

by Sbolgnes Online Now Oct 17, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Im arriving at Bali 24. october. And I want to go straigth out to Nusa Lembongan. Do i have to book a accomadation before i get there, or could I just go there and find something when i arrive.
      Also, my plane lands at 14.40 pm, is it possible to catch the last boat to Lembongan, or do i have to stay over one night in kuta or sanur and leave for Nusa Lembongan the next day?

3 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 3:02 PM
    • mar3cus's Profile Photo

Off to Bali soon!!

by mar3cus Online Now Sep 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Looking to go to Seminyak in Bali in Nov 2015, have not done much research yet, I was looking to wing it when we get there actually. Any recommendations, do's and don't s, must see or must stay away, tips and tricks, general advice???

Anything at all really, we are quite a laid back couple who love shopping, partying, beaches, exploring, great food and chillin out.

Many thanks in advance

4 Answers Oct 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM
    • October in Bali

by icouldiwill Online Now Sep 2, 2015 at 2:22 AM

Hoping to stay on budget, is it wise to visit Bali in October? I heard it is the Australian holiday season and Bali gets packed. Do you think it would be hard to find budget accommodation at this time? I prefer not to reserve but just go and find the place I'll stay myself.
      ,Thank you

6 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 8:54 AM
    • 10 days in Bali (+ Lombok/Gilli) over Christmas / New Year

by brentb88 Online Now Aug 23, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi all,

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at suggested 10-day itineraries for Bali, but yet I still don't seem to have managed to find one that I feel works for me. I'm in Bali for 10 full days (11 nights), arriving on Christmas Eve and staying on until the 4th January. I will be arriving and departing from Denpasar

I'm not a big beach-goer or into surfing, though having said that, I would still like to fit in a couple of days at a quiet, relaxing beach. I will be travelling alone, and am in my mid-twenties. I don't drink, so I'm not looking for parties/bars/wild nights. I'm interested in exploring the history and culture, with a bit of down-time thrown in. I'm interested in the local life, scenery, food and exploration - so spending days at a beach resort is not too appealing - though some relaxation time on an authentic local beach would be lovely. I would also like to try and fit in Lombok and a couple of nights on one of the Gili islands - though I get the feeling that this might be trying to cram in too much.

At the moment, my rough itinerary is:

25/12 Bali (Ubud)

26/12 Bali (Ubud)

27/12 Bali (Ubud)

28/12 Bali (Ubud)

29/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

30/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

31/12 Gilli (Gilli T?)

01/01 Gilli (Gilli T?)

02/01 Bali (Sanur?)

03/01 Bali (Sanur?)

I would be ever so grateful if you could share some ideas on which areas might be best for me to visit/stay for each of the proposed stops - as well as let me know if the itinerary is realistic. I would like the trip to be as comfortable as possible (I'm not a backpacker/hostel type), though, having said that, I will be on a budget (perhaps 3-star). As my trip is over the festive season, do you think that the date allocation for each stop is appropriate or should I make changes to the order that I plan to make each stop? I would also like the order of the itinerary to be appropriate and practical for departing for the next stop on my trip.

I have found that there are just so many variations and possible itineraries that cater for different interests, and I have just found it all very overwhelming, and not found a detailed itinerary that fully grabs me.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Yesterday
    • Effects of Volcanic Ash in the city

by gglimer Online Now Aug 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM

I wonder if someone who is now in Bali can provide an update on the pollution level as a result of the volcanic ash. There was a report on BBC - August 7, showing damage to local crops and the thick ash on the crops and the locals using face masks. Would it be advisable to bring face mask for people going there in the next few days? In the hotels does the ash cover the surfaces...beds, tables, etc.? Just wanted to know what kind of an experience it is at this time. Thank you.

4 Answers Aug 8, 2015 at 7:47 PM
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Volcanoe disruption

by jeannetteb1 Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Hi hoping someone can give me a little advice and support. We are due to fly out to Hong Kong this Sat with Cathay Pacific and then on to Bali on the 11th Aug. Does anyone know if Dragonair flights are being affected by the volcano ash? I can see lots of info for Virgin and Jetstar from Australian travellers but not a lot for other airlines. Cathay Pacific have very generic info on their website. I really don't know what to do, beginning to worry about flying to HK and getting stuck there! Booked everything ourselves, although insurance does at least cover us for the ash.
      Hoping for a little friendly support to stop me panicking!
      Thanks Jeannette

2 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 6:41 AM
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Visas, payments and money exchange

by jeannetteb1 Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 5:04 AM

Hi hoping for some up to date advice...

1) Am I correct that since June 2015 the visa-free policy is granted to foreign nationals of 30 additional countries and this now includes the UK so we will not now need to pay the US 35 dollar entry visa fee?

2) Is there a charge for departing the country as I have also read that the departure tax should be included in flight price. I'm getting confused reading advice to other people, on different forums on other sites. Any up to date advice would be great.

3) I know it is best to change to IDR there so would you take GBP travellers cheques or cash?

Thanks JB

4 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 2:29 PM
    • Bali with kids at christmas

by Mealsnz Online Now Jul 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Hi, just after advice on where is a good place to go for 2 weeks at Christmas wih a 2.5 year old. We know the weather will be wet? But how wet and should that put us off? Was thinking Ubud but hen heard Lombok is also good with kids.

For those that have traveled with toddlers, how did you get around, did you worry about car Sears? What are good locations?

Is there anywhere that is off the tourist path that might be quieter?

Any advice appreciated.

4 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 8:55 AM
    • Travel advice

by Bbsie Online Now Jul 10, 2015 at 5:42 AM

With the volcanic ashes spewing do you think we should still stick to our plan of visiting Bali for week from 27th July to 2nd of august? Or we should postpone. Please advice. Thanks

5 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    • we still confuse which is comfortable , Hire a Private Driver or Take a taxi meter ?

by Ballas12 Online Now Jul 10, 2015 at 3:09 AM

We planed to visit Bali on Next Setember 15 with all of our family 6 persons. We will stay in Seminyak Umalas Hotel . But now we still think twice about transpotations in Bali. As we have read alot of forums and Blog that said driving a scooter is not recommended even is cheaper some time got trouble with the cops. We have read recommended blog for a driver in Bali seminyakbalidriver.wordpress... it seem convinience for a day tour with private driver . But how about if we get to go short distance ? Do the taxi meter, that we read about bluebird taxi meter is cheaper way ? Or we keep charter the driver for whole time our stay in Seminyak ? Any suggestion please ?

6 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 7:35 PM
    • wus's Profile Photo

small hike in Banjar?

by wus Online Now Jun 30, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Is it possible to walk cross country from Air Panas hot springs to Brahma Vihara Arama buddhist monastery, and vice versa? Or are there any deep river beds or canyons inbetween that would prohibit this? Or fences?

• AmrD's Profile Photo

Hotels in Bali

by AmrD Online Now Jun 14, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Hi all
      I'm in desperate need for your recommendation for hotels in bali. I want to bock in hotel with *** bu not very expensive up to 80$ pe night

4 Answers Sep 7, 2015 at 2:44 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

by poepat Online Now May 31, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Hi all,,,, 2016 S E Asia travels well underway now...
      We would like to visit Komodo National Park and are planning to travel there from Bali.
      Can anyone advise on routes and costings for either flying to Flores from Bali or catching a ferry...
      We have about 8 - 10 days days spare to fit this trip in..
      Any help and general advice would be greatly appreciated..
      Many thanks

4 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 4:29 AM
    • Desperate need for a nose cone!!

by Nicccus Online Now May 28, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Im currently in Seminyak, Bali and coming down with a cold, does anyone out there know where i can buy a nose cone around here?? Went in to 3 different pharmacies and they didnt even seem to know what it was.. Please help!!

7 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 1:32 PM
    • diment69's Profile Photo

Diving with Mola Mola on Bali

by diment69 Online Now May 18, 2015 at 12:42 AM

I read several articls about Mola Mola fish and it seems there are only 2 places in the whole world, where there are high chances to see this fantastic, super ususual and rare fish: Galapagos islands and indonesian island Bali. Galapagos are too expensive for my budget, but Bal seems much more resaonable.

I wonder, has anyone saw Mola Mola fish somewhere nearby Bali? I understand that sea is not an aquarium, but how often Mola Mola can be met there? Maybe someone knows any triks of how to attract it? Like the trip with a sound of a rumpling plastic bottle underwater that attracts sharks.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2015 at 4:13 AM
    • Lone traveller

by Anisa_Khan Online Now May 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Hello all,
      I am a lone female traveller and I will be travelling for two months from the end of June/ beginning of July....I was wondering if anybody could please tell me of any good places to meet other travellers?
      Thanks, Anisa.

3 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 10:27 PM
    • May travel

by Bnmorton Online Now May 6, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Hi we are traveling to bali this month. I have booked our first 3 nights but was planning on winging it the rest of the time. The closer my trip get the more nervous I am about that idea. Is it easy to find rooms/ villas/ any accommodations in May?

5 Answers Jun 3, 2015 at 3:51 AM
    • Getting Around Bali

by ElsaNC Online Now May 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Myself and a couple of friends are headed to Bali in two weeks. We would love to go to Mount Batur as well as the tegalalang rice plantations but we are staying in seminyak and have heard that it is quite far away. Does anyone have a driver to recommend and what are the rates usually?

Same goes for Tanah Lot. We are planning to go there one evening and have been told it is better to hire a driver.

Please advise! Thank you!

3 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    • Getting Around Bali

by ElsaNC Online Now May 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Myself and a couple of friends are headed to Bali in two weeks. We would love to go to Mount Batur as well as the tegalalang rice plantations but we are staying in seminyak and have heard that it is quite far away. Does anyone have a driver to recommend and what are the rates usually?

Same goes for Tanah Lot. We are planning to go there one evening and have been told it is better to hire a driver.

Please advise! Thank you!

4 Answers May 23, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    • LIDIKA's Profile Photo

First days in Bali

by LIDIKA Online Now Apr 19, 2015 at 4:27 AM

Hej :)
      I'm arriving on Bali in the first days of May and would like to hear your opinion about how to start the first days.
      As I land in Denpasar in the late evening, I was thinking to take taxi directly to Tanah Lot, spend a night there, have a day of sight seeing and continue to Ubud. Would a day be enough? How should I travel to Ubud, by taxi or bus?
      Or would it be better to go directly to Ubud and take a daily tour from there to Tanah Lot?

3 Answers May 6, 2015 at 5:44 AM
    • What is there to do in Bali

by ElsaNC Online Now Apr 15, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Hi! I'm headed to Bali for a four day trip with two girlfriends in May. We are 3 21-year-olds, pretty much broke, and we're looking for stuff to do in our four days there. So far we are thinking:

- Coffee tasting (anyone have any places to recommend?)
      -Seminyak Beach
      -Potato Head Beach Club
      -Tanah Lot

We don't know what else to do, we have four full days there, and we are staying in Seminyak. What would you recommend? :)

Thank you so much!

4 Answers May 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM
    • sham_ismail's Profile Photo

culture and performance

by sham_ismail Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 5:09 AM

Me and my friends are in a tight budget travelling to Bali. We are very much interested in observing and blend in with the local culture, which is better? Ubud or Batubulan considering the budget factor. Which temple should we visited to experience the richness of culture in Bali? We thinking of staying for three nights. with one day at the beach. This is our first time there and is public transport or tourist shuttle bus is available to go to these places?

The initial itinerary as follow; first day in Kuta(pantai Kuta)/South Kuta(padang-padang beach) for the beaches-second day to Uluwati for the beaches,temple and GWK-third day and fourth to either Ubud/Batubulan for the cultural sightseeing.

I know I am Missing a lot of thing but any suggestion for the itineraries? We are very flexible but on tight budget(sorry for mentioning it again and again...lols)

5 Answers May 10, 2015 at 4:33 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Kuta to Ubud

by seanmccurry Online Now Feb 21, 2015 at 5:30 AM

How long does it take to get from Kuta to Ubud. 2 people travelling. What is the best mode of transport and what will the cost be

Many thanks travellers.

5 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 12:12 AM
    • Travel4fun10's Profile Photo

Layover suggestions.

by Travel4fun10 Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 7:11 AM

I earned a trip to Bali and wanted to know the best layover city? I would to layover for just a few days to adjust to the time. We are flying out of ATL.

12 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 1:44 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Volcano climb

by seanmccurry Online Now Jan 27, 2015 at 3:14 AM

I want to trek a Volcano. My first choice is Mount Rinjani in Lombok unfortunately the reviews for Rinjani are not too good due to litter,rats. Are there any treks in Bali what are of similar height views etc. Could you also provide guide details.

9 Answers Oct 7, 2015 at 1:58 AM
    • Meowang's Profile Photo

Backpacking in Bali

by Meowang Online Now Jan 21, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Hi humans,
      I will be backpacking in Bali during March by myself.
      As i haven't been to Bali before, so i was wondering if i miss out any places in Bali that is a must visit kinda place or is my itinerary kinda wrong or something?

23rd- Mt Batur (Ubud)
      24th- Yoga (Ubud)
      25th-27th- Surfing (Kuta)
      28th-29th- Nothing in mind yet

In between, i will need help with adding places of interest into my itinerary.

Thanks in advance:)

6 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    • Please help me out with the itinerary for 4 day trip in bali?

by aditigulechha Online Now Jan 14, 2015 at 3:10 AM

hello Guys,

I`m travelling to bali with my husband over the weekend to celebrate my bday.We are staying for 4 days (landing on Friday and flying on Monday).We are staying at seminyak.
      Can you`ll please help me with an itinerary for the same .
      We like to party so the suggestions given for that are Kudeta, Potato Head , Rock bar. we would like to party all 3 nights.
      Besides that we would like to visit a temple , go for a atv ride or some other activity.
      we dont want to make it we very hectic trip.
      So if someone can suggest how to plan these aslo what is better to hire a driver with a car or to ride around on the bike by ourselves.
      And which local to get a local sim to get.

Thanks ,

1 Answer Jun 3, 2015 at 3:51 AM
    • Exchanging $100 USD Bills

by faxian Online Now Dec 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Hello folks,

I'll be arriving in Bali next week from India and i have been told that i cannot exchange USD $100 bills printed prior to 2006.Is this correct ? The USD $100 bills i have received from my forex agent are the newer 2009A series bills,the one with Blue 3D security ribbon ? Is this something i need to worry about ?

Thanks !

4 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months

by RogerM37 Online Now Dec 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months i.e. and operate an online business. Is there good internet etc there?

2 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • Which beach for Snorkelling? getting there advice needed as well

by FreeSpirit_sg Online Now Dec 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Hi all

Need some quick responses as I'm trying to decide whether to visit Bali pre-Christmas till Boxing Day and need to book flights soon.

1. What beach is good for snorkeling? I did some research and seems Blue Lagoon and Amed are good?

2. The beaches that are good for snorkelling seem further away than the usual Kuta, Nusa Dua etc. How do I get there? Any idea of cost of driver and car hire? Is it possible to get a driver and car from the airport or do I have to pre-book?

3. Is it a good idea to travel from this seemingly out of the way beach to Ubud?

Thanks for replies!

9 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM