Bali Travel Answers

change location
meijuan6may's Profile Photo

where to go /shop

by meijuan6may Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Hi,

will be at Bali in mid november , staying at Kuta area.

where to go ard? temples? and where best to shop?

are the taxis safe? how much ?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Ubudian's Profile Photo

Re: where to go /shop

by Ubudian Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 3:53 AM

The main road in Kuta is called Jalan Legian and that, as well as the numerous side streets running off of it, is where you will find the majority of shops in Kuta. In addition, the nearby “villages” of Seminyak, Legian and Kerobokan are also filled with shops of all nature. Keep in mind that shops in these areas cater to tourists and thus their prices will reflect the high overhead costs of doing business in those areas.

Higher end shops in these areas tend to not bargain, but one can always try.

Locals prefer to do their shopping at the various markets and centers within the city of Denpasar but you’ll need a good driver/guide to take you to these areas. Other major areas of Bali with large operating markets are Ubud and Sukawati. Bargaining in local markets is expected.

The closest and most visited temples to Kuta are Uluwatu and Tanah Lot. Both are better to visit later in the day as the sunsets at each can be rather spectacular. Sarongs and sashes are provided to visitors to each of these temples.

The best and most fair taxi service in Bali is called Blue Bird Taxi. Their taxis, which are all blue in color are easy to spot. If you are going to be touring outside of the southern zone, you would be better off to hire a local Balinese driver with his own SUV (like a Kijang). Rates vary, but a whole day, say 8 AM to early evening generally runs about 600 to 800 thousand these days. If you really want to experience the beauty and culture of Bali, you’ll need to get out of the southern zone.

Cheers, and have a great trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • screamin's Profile Photo

Re: where to go /shop

by screamin Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Taxi are safe I only had 1 problem in 6 visits , try grab a bluebird and just make sure they have a meter and its on , taxis are very cheap I pay about 60 000rp to 70 000rp to my hotel in legian from the airport .
    I enjoyed the temple at Uluwatu and we watched the Kecak Dance at sunset , very nice ..

Here is a link to my travel blog , it has my drivers contact details and a shop with fixed prices , no need to waste time bargaining .Also a few photos and links of things to do and see

andysitchyfeet.blogspot.com/...

• Re: where to go /shop

by kadekwindia Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 7:30 AM

using taxi is charge by meter, better hire transportation /local tour drivers
    it cost 400,000/day for full day tour..
    Where to go in Bali:
    Kuta | Nusa Dua | Tanjung benoa | Garuda Statue | Dream land Beach | Uluwatu Temple | Kecak Dance Show | Jimbaran Bay | DFS store | Surf wear factory outlet | Etc
    Tanah Lot | Royal temple | Pacung village | Botanical garden | Ulun danu temple | Candi kuning Market.
    Batu Bulan village | Batuan Village | Celuk Village | Mas Village | Ubud | Sebatu Village | Coffee and spice garden | Goa Gajah Temple | Kintamani Volcano | Tegalalang paddy rice field | Coffee and spice plantations
    may helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines