Bali Travel Answers

change location
shuswap's Profile Photo

golfing in bali

by shuswap Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM

2 50 yr old guys going to bali for sight seeing and golf first week of june 2013 for 12 days . Iwas wandering how much they charge for golf and if its worth while to bring our golf clubs or just rent them there.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Saumz's Profile Photo

Re: golfing in bali

by Saumz Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM

New Kuta Golf is a luxury Golf Course. You might need a prior reservation there.
    Bali National Golf Resort is closed for renovation these days. Might get back to working condition by June though.
    Raffles is a very cheap Golf course in Bali. In case if you are looking for a cheap option.
    Bali golf and country club is an amazing 18-hole course. Nirwana Bali Golf Club has a team of all-female caddies. Sunset Golf here might cost you about $90 US for 18 holes and it also includes a caddy.
    A game in Carramar can be around $12 sometimes maybe $20 with a cart
    In most of these these you can become a member by paying a certain fee or play as a social player.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ubudian's Profile Photo

by Ubudian Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM

There is no doubt that the absolutely best course on Bali is the Bali Handara Country Club. You can read my review of these superb links here:

"Best Golf on Bali" - Bali Things to Do Tip by Ubudian

Or you can go directly to their web site:

http://www.balihandarakosaido.com/

Their pro shop is excellent and stocked with high quality clubs and golf shoes for rent, so
    there is no need to bring your own clubs. Contrary to rumor, their excellent staff of caddies are not exclusively women, but guy or gal, their caddies are fantastic and they know the course and the greens very well.

This is a long and challenging golf course playing just over 7,000 yards from the blue tees.

Unlike the several golf courses in the south of Bali where you can melt from the heat and humidity, Handara is located in the central mountains where there is always a cool breeze and low humidity.

If you play Handara, you’ve played one of the top 50 golf courses in the world as rated by Golf Magazine.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Excellent golf courses as there are Bali Island itself has 5 golf courses to play; 4 of them are 18 holes and 1 course for 9 holes. The Bali golf courses are; Nirwana Bali Golf Club, New Kuta Golf Club, Bali Golf & Country Club, Bali Handara Kosaido & Country Club, and Bali Beach Golf Course. You should go to Baligolf.com and check out there golf packages where you golf fees and accomendations are taken care of. Pick up from airport and shuttle too. about 600usd for a 4 day jaunt. I would bring my own clubs as most international flights do not charge additional fees for clubs. I travel the Far East and have played with my own clubs and finally left a set there. But playing without your clubs sometimes feel too strange when you don't hit your targets in your approach. Plus I use grafite clubs too and not many clubs rent them in the package. You have to bring your shoes too, so bring your clubs. have a great time, it will free like you are playing pebble beach. Thanks for the tip

cheers tommy x

• Ubudian's Profile Photo

by Ubudian Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Hi Tommy,

Have you ever played Handara near Batur?

The pro shop rents two classes of clubs, and both classes are complete sets for either the right or left handed player. The top class clubs are graphite shaft. Top quality golf shoes are also available and in more than ample supply and selection. It's no problem to mix your selection of clubs either...a driver from this set, a putter from that, etc.

The clubs and shoes rental section of their pro shop is amazingly stocked and even a scratch golfer would be pleased.

In my fifteen years of 24/7 living on Bali I’ve played every course on Bali and none come close to Handara.

Truly Tommy, there isn’t one course in Myrtle Beach which comes even close to what the what pro shop at Handara has to offer for rental equipment to assure the golfer a most enjoyable round of golf.

Unless a player is coming to Bali exclusively to play golf, I’d leave my clubs and shoes home…and I’d play Handara each and every day.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines