Balestrand Travel Answers

change location

cars and ferries in norway

by kestarkey Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I cannot find a site which let's me know if I can put my volvo xc60 on a ferry in the fjords. We will be traveling in norway in three weeks.I have reservations near Pulpit rock on the 24th of July. Next we would like to travel to Balestrand or near there. thought we would stay in Lillehammer on the 28th. We need to be in Drammen by 2:00 to ship the car home on the 29th of July. We like to hike and ride bikes, and picnic. thx Please help me!!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

Re: cars and ferries in norway

by globetrott Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM

every ferry that I took was able to take several large trucks and buses, so they wont have any problem with a volvo xc60 I am sure !

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I am talking here only about ferries that combine ordinary roads that are interrupted by a fjord and a ferry makes sure the cars can go on !
    b.t.w. I had a Fiat Ducato, 2,8 meters high and 2,8 tons and never had any problem

• Crazywoman's Profile Photo

by Crazywoman Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 12:48 AM

There is no problem to bring your car on the ferry, most places bookings are not neccessary. Here is a list of companies that operate ferries in different parts of Norway:
    visitnorway.com/uk/Articles/...
    You can find timetables, prices and other informations there. July is high season and if you really need to be on a certain boat, you should make sure to be there early.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Balestrand