Balchik Travel Answers

change location
leal38rom's Profile Photo

Tell me about your experience in Balchik

by leal38rom Online Now May 24, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hi everybody!
I want to visit Balchik in August so I am curious to find out as much information as I can get from you. Tell me about your favorite places in Balchik, restaurants, food, transportation to other cities near the sea, etc. Thank you!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Tell me about your experience in Balchik

by johngayton Online Now May 24, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I've only had a day trip there but I have a useful page here on VT about the town - "Hollywood It Ain't...But Nice Signage Anyway!" - Balchik by johngayton If you check out my tips and travelogues you'll find the highlights of my day, including transportation to/from Varna.

You can also type Balchik into the destinations search box at the top right of this page and have a look at other members pages.

It's a nice little fishing village and well worth a visit.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mirchica's Profile Photo

Re: Tell me about your experience in Balchik

by mirchica Online Now May 25, 2011 at 2:25 AM

As always John has compete imformation,really good job:)

My tips would be for places out of Balchik.As you're going to spend some time in that region,a must see is Kaliakra cape(Bulgaria Things to Do Tips by mirchica - things to do,N 3). It is only 30km far from Balchik but I'm not sure if there is direct bus. If not,you can always change in Kavarna or I'm sure there would be half day trips to there.
    Other places you can visit around are again to the north - villages Tiulenovo,Kamen briag,Krapec or Ruslaka camp - beautiful nature,cliffs,dolphines,caves,etc.
    Albena is a famous resort south of Balchik and three is a lovely little forest around it combined with the sea.It is only 13 km far from Balchik and the beach is magnifient.

Use John't trasnport tips and you'll get also information at the bus station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines