Balchik Travel Answers

change location
Irina's Profile Photo

About a Hollyday in Balchic

by Irina Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 2:55 AM

Hello!
I have some questions about Balchik:
- how is the seaside? Is there nice sand or nasty rocs?
- is there any nice pension/ guesthouse? If not, what about hotels?
- I know what is to be visited and that's why I've choose Balchik, but what are the nightlife attractions? At least bowling and discos?

Last but not least: what would be your reccommendation? I'd like to go on the Bulgarian seaside because it's not far from my place (Bucharest), have a good bath in the sea, lie on a nice beach, get out in the evenings with my husband and friends and stay in a nice room (with adjacent bathroom), preferably with windows to the sea.
Any suggestions?

Thank you very much,
Irina.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • asvetlana's Profile Photo

RE: About a Hollyday in Balchic

by asvetlana Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 4:09 AM

From what I remember, the beach in Balchik is nothing to speak of. The place is not far from Albena though, and there the beach is just perfect. So why don't you stay in Albena instead and make a day-trip to Balchik. That's what I would do if I was going for the sea and beach. During high season though the hotels might be already fully booked or the prices exorbitant.
    If you're coming from Romania, you'll probably be driving your own car, so independent in terms of transportation. In such a case, you might just drive along the sea coast and chose a place that you like. With a car, it's very feasible to stay in any of the small villages and go to the big resorts for the beach and nightlife. In smaller places you don't really need to book your accommodation in advance.
    Enjoy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zlatiq's Profile Photo

RE: RE: About a Hollyday in Balchic

by zlatiq Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 2:45 PM

hi,if i were you i'd stay in Balchik, but that again that is me; Albena is much more expensive and it;s like any other sea resort- hotels and hotels. It's true that Albena has more sandy beach, so you can go to the beach there but hang out in Balchik; night live is crazy at both places so you can do both.Unfortunately i don't know names of pubs and discos there as they change pretty much every year. All you have to do is get downtown Balchik or at the beach and there will be many many bars and dancing places. Balchik is not that big so it's easy to find places. I'll ask my friend from Balchik and i'll get back to you with more info.

when will you be there?

• Irina's Profile Photo

RE: RE: About a Hollyday in Balchic

by Irina Online Now May 3, 2005 at 4:01 AM

Thank you very much.
    I will probably spend one week in the end of May. As we only have one week, it is very precius and we still search for variants, so I'm not sure if I'll go to Baltchik, Albena, Golden Sands or other places. As we are going with a couple or two of friends, imagine the whole commitee!
    But I'll submit both of your reccommendations, as each of them applies to a different travel option - we'll see what happens.

Thanks again!
    I'll keep you informed.
    Irina.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines