Balchik Travel Answers

change location

purchasing property in the balchik area

by diamartyr Online Now Sep 5, 2004 at 11:01 AM

has any one purchased a property in this area? if so have you experienced any particular problems in doing so?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mumwithbabies's Profile Photo

Re: purchasing property in the balchik area

by mumwithbabies Online Now Nov 17, 2004 at 7:39 AM

My parents have just purchased a property just outside of Balchik. well nearly...... they have exchanged and the property is now theirs but they have not got the keys yet as apparently in bulgaria once you have the keys then it is all yours and the builders would then not be obliged to finish (they are a little late finishing it and my mum and dad are still waiting for things likes a gate and fence to be put up). The other problems they experienced is that they agreed a price, put the sale into motion, and then came back 2 months later to complete, by which time the house prices have gone up and the builder wanted more money. however, their estate agent arranged for a lawyer at which point the builder backed out and gave it to them for the original price. they were supposed to come home last week with the keys but it doesn't look like they will be home until december now as things are not completely sorted. i think it inevitably involves some hassle but having a good estate agent is probably a good starting point.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: purchasing property in the balchik area

by loram Online Now Nov 22, 2004 at 5:24 AM

I have bought an apartment in Varna. A real estate agency helped me in the purchasing process. If you have any questions or if you need information about purchasing in Bulgaria you can visit the web site www.buldom.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines