I am about to travel to Hungary with my wife. We are going to spend a week in Budapest. I am planning to suprise her with a spa day because she love wellness. Her favorite is the hammam treatment. Do you know a good place where I can already make an appointment?
My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Budapest, Hungary in July 2016 to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. I am obviously starting to plan as early as possible and am looking for any tips! We are both travelling from Canada (Ontario). I speak English and French and my boyfriend speaks English and Hungarian (his family came here from Yugoslavia in the early 90s and he grew up speaking Hungarian in his home). We are planning to go for at least a week--possibly 8 or 9 nights.
1. Did anyone here use a travel website to book? If yes, what site would you recommend (Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc)? If not, how did you book?
2. Any recommendations for airlines? Or ones to avoid?
3. Any recommendations for hotels? Or ones to avoid?
4. Is Budapest a walkable city? I don't mind taking the metro but my boyfriend and I prefer walking (I feel you get to see more and love the exercise)!
5. Do you have any tips regarding behaviour and local customs? For example, when I was in Paris it was seen as polite to always say hello and goodbye when entering any store or establishment, even if you were not planning to purchase anything.
6. What are your recommendations for must-see spots?
7. What about food/restaurant recommendations?
8. What are the prices like there? As far as I know, Hungary is not on the Euro.
9. Finally, just any other general tips and information would be much appreciated!
I've never traveled to a country in which I don't speak the language/don't have any family so I am feeling a little lost and would greatly appreciate any help you could provide.
Thank you all very much!
Going to Budapest on weekend (sat and sun) in last week of july 2015 with my wife. I already booked the hotel very near to city center.
Below things I have to do:
1) To see parliament from inside (how to do that? does it require pre booking? suitable time to go there?)
2) Thermal bath (which one i should opt. Does it require pre booking?)
3) Margaret Island (how to reach here and how much time it will take)
Please suggest rest what I should include in must see.
Also what means of transport i should use. Like i should go for hop in hop off or i take some day pass which can be valid on all modes of transport.
Hello - My son and his girlfriend are traveling to Budapest to get acquainted with the area prior to him beginning a fall course of study at Budapest's Corvinus University. They are planning on visiting at the end of August, beginning of September. I was wondering what area would be best suited for a young couple traveling independently for the first time to stay. They are considering renting an apartment through a HomeAway or Vacation Rental By Owner, or stay in a hostel, as they are on a limited budget. Does anyone have any recommendations? Once school begins in September, my son will stay in the school's dorm accommodation.
I want to use an ATM to get money at the end of June. Are Budapest Banks open on Saturdays and Sundays? If yes, can you name some banks in the Pest city center near the House of Terror Museum and if possible, what the opening hours are?
I have been in the MAV website to check trains to Vienna on September 7. There are only only 3 trains listed. There is supposed to be a way to book a return trip within 4 days to get a cheap price and access to all trains. I have tried a return trip but got the same trains.
can someone tell me how to do this correctly?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2015 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|