Balaton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transportation

Toalmas 21 hours ago

how to get to Toalmas from Budapest? What transportation is the most easy way for travelers?

more
    • camping Hegyi

Szilvasvarad Yesterday

does anybody know if camping Hegyi still exists?
      Their website is down and the phone number does no longer exist...

more
    • Wine Cellars

Eger Mar 20, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Greetings, will the wine cellars in the Valley of Beautiful Women be open during the first week of April? We went at the end of October and very few were open then.

thank you,
      Wendy

more
    • Car parking

Csepel-sziget Apr 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Where can I leave the car during the festival? Any parking spaces? How much can this cost?

more
    • Transportation questions in Szeged

Szeged Mar 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM

1. Are there left luggage service/lockers at Szeged main bus station?
      2. How do I get from the train station to bus station?

more
    • bus from vienna to sopron

Sopron Mar 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi! I'm going to Volt festival this summer. And I've decided to fly to Vienna and from there to go to Sopron (because it's cheaper that way). Also I am planning to stay in Vienna, that means I will have to go to Sopron twice ( because I'm attending only two days of the festival) and return to Vienna. When I was looking for a train, turned out there is no train that goes from sopron straight to vienna after 8pm and if I choose to take a train I'll have to change trains in Wiener Neustadt.

Can you please give me some information. Can I get from Vienna to Sopron and back on a bus? Where can I see the schedule?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Kövesi art collection

Budapest Mar 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I've seen an article about the Kövesi art collection, can this collection be seen in public? Where? We'll be in Budapest at the end of April.

more
    • ehlershardie's Profile Photo

Budapest to Dubrovnik via Split?? in Sept 2014 Any overnight trains in Sept?

Budapest Mar 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are trying to get from Budapest to Dubrovnik late Sept. Cant find a train schedule for Sept. Also are there any overnight trains from Budapest to Split in Sept? Is it worth spending a day or 2 in Split or is there somewhere else we should visit on our way to Dubrovnik? Thanks, in advance!

more
    • City Travel

Budapest Mar 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

What is the best way to travel from BUD airport to Marriott Hotel at Chain Bridge?

more
    • FESTIVAL

by amberjade7 Online Now May 2, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Where is the best location to stay for the Balaton festival?

1 Answer May 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    • Lake Balaton early December?

by morayaH Online Now Apr 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I have a week of accommodation at Keszthely first week of december. I know that Lake Balaton is practically closed but is there any activities that we can do around Balaton or day trip from Balaton( excluding Budapest since we have another week in Budapest itself)? We like nature/scenery.

4 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    • traffic siofok-budapest

by bigjim33 Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 5:10 AM

Hello to all,

I'm planning a weekend in Siofok, we will arrive by car from budapest airport. My question is: is there the risk to find hevy traffic coming back on sunday 7 aug.? How long could it take?

thank you for your suggestions!

Marco

3 Answers Jul 31, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    • Shade_Jon's Profile Photo

First tim ein Hungary, looking for trip planning suggestions

by Shade_Jon Online Now May 1, 2008 at 1:46 AM

We're four adults flying in from Tel Aviv, although we may fly in through a connecting city. We have a place near Balaton (time share) for a week starting Sept 6 and are looking for suggestions on how to plan the trip.

I thought of the following: a weekend in Budapest, drive out to Balaton, hang out for five days, next weekend in Vienna. That means flying in to Budapest, renting a car for a week with a different location drop off, flying out from Vienna, and two weekends B&Bs or hotels.

I fear this may be too expensive, so I'm willing to compromise: skip Vienna or do a day trip to see it. But I'm not sure you can "see" even part of Vienna in one day, not to mention drive both ways in one day.

Does it make sense to try to fly in to the Balaton through some city in Europe and skip Budapest and Vienna? Or fly directly to Budapest and drive to Balaton and then back?

Yehuda

3 Answers Jun 6, 2008 at 1:03 AM
    • mamawinnie's Profile Photo

Fenyves.

by mamawinnie Online Now Feb 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Hi can anyone give me any information about renting a villa in or close to Fenyves.
      I have looked on the internet but cannot find what I want, I was looking for something extra special with a pool etc which sleeps five.

Any information would be wonderful.

Thanks
      Julia

4 Answers Mar 3, 2008 at 5:26 AM
    • TICKS

by Ladymarian1 Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Hi

We're taking our small caravan and staying on the edge of Lake Balaton in August Husband is an insulin diabetic + asthma - seems to be a lot of confusion over whether we need jabs for this tickborne encapahalitis - we're only staying 4 nights and will be sight seeing - OK the odd pampering for me at a spa! Can anyone please end the utter confusion over these blasted ticks - and is there anywhere that I can purchase a tick remover in the UK - only seems to be pretty crap ones on ebay.

All info greatly received. Thanks

Ladymarian

9 Answers Jan 26, 2008 at 1:57 PM
    • Balaton public transport

by petite_emma Online Now Jan 11, 2008 at 5:53 AM

I'm thinking of going to the Balaton Sound festival in July, which is in Zamárdi, on the south shore of Lake Balaton.
      A friend's mum lives near the airport in Sármellék, to the west of the lake, I and was wondering how difficult it would be to travel from there to the festival each day.
      Are there local bus or train services and, if so, will they run late at night?
      Roughly how much would a taxi/mini bus be?
      I know I could camp but being under canvas in a possible 100 degree heat wouldn't be too fun and I also don't fancy my chances with the elephant-sized mosquitoes.

Thanks in advance for any replies

3 Answers Jan 13, 2008 at 7:40 AM
    • WHAT IS THE MOST BUSY PERIOD OF TOURISM IN NORTH BALATON ?

by irenz Online Now Jun 17, 2007 at 12:56 AM

we are going to live in the north balaton, in Gyenesdias, close to keszthely, we have purchased a home there, what is the period with more visitors? they say to me that is from the start of july to the end of august, is this correct ?? thanks for the advice.

4 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 1:18 PM
    • Balaton Airport to Novi Sad, Serbia??

by exitfestival Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 1:29 PM

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can help at all. We have booked flights to Balaton airport in July, but need to somehow make our way over to Novi Sad in Serbia for the Exit Festival. We have found a company that does bus transfers for £50 return but this seems a little steep. Besides, they need money upfront, which we aren't to keen to give them so early on!

Thanks very much
      T

5 Answers May 30, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    • FlyBalaton Airport to Zagreb

by ildaniele Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Hello,

I am planning to travel to Zagreb using Ryanair to FlyBalaton Airport at Sarmallek. Does anyone have a clue how to get from there to Zagreb? Is there a shuttle bus?

Thanks,

ildaniele

1 Answer Apr 3, 2007 at 12:26 AM
    • Balaton Airport

by miseclar Online Now Aug 2, 2006 at 8:27 AM

Hi,
      we are travelling from budapest and spending a few days travelling down by the lake, does anyone know which town is nearest the airport? just so we know where to base ourselves the night before we have to fly home.

thanks

3 Answers Aug 2, 2006 at 12:23 PM
    • Which place to visit on Balaton?

by vinopuh Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 5:00 AM

We will stay in Budapest for a week and we want to come for 1 day to Balaton (arrive and return in the same day) by train.

What place (or town) do you recommend, where it is good to swim, rent a small boat, walk in some countryside (forest, nature)? Something interesting for kinder 7 years old?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jun 13, 2006 at 1:44 AM
    • RebeccaAC's Profile Photo

Belgrade to Balaton

by RebeccaAC Online Now Apr 1, 2006 at 6:57 AM

Hi,

can anyone adie me on the best way to get from Belgrade to Balaton? I will be travelling around Serbia and then spending a night in Balaton before flying out of Balaton airport in July. I would love to know the best way to travel between these destinations.

Many thanks,

Rebecca

1 Answer Apr 1, 2006 at 8:26 AM
    • tse1212's Profile Photo

Transfers from Budapest to Balaton

by tse1212 Online Now Jan 19, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Can anyone advise the easiest way to transfer from Budapest to Balaton? Would coach or train be better? Any idea of the cost of the transfer or where I can find train or coach timetables?

Many thanks.

6 Answers Jan 21, 2006 at 5:55 AM
    • goye2cz's Profile Photo

Wine tasting at Balaton

by goye2cz Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 3:10 PM

Hi,
      We are planning a trip to Hungary and Croatia in a couple of weeks. We won't have much time in Hungary so I'm trying to plan pretty specifically. I'm looking for a good place for a decently price wine tasting on the northwest end of Balaton, preferably somewhere near Szigliget. It would need to be something on Tuesday night, August 9th.
      Thanks for any ideas you have.
      Laurie

1 Answer Apr 10, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Wine tasting at Balaton

by goye2cz Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 12:14 PM

Hi,
      We are planning a trip to Hungary and Croatia in a couple of weeks. We won't have much time in Hungary so I'm trying to plan pretty specifically. I'm looking for a good place for a decently price wine tasting on the northwest end of Balaton, preferably somewhere near Szigliget. It would need to be something on Tuesday night, August 9th.
      Laurie

4 Answers Aug 1, 2005 at 3:41 AM

Wine tasting at Balaton

by goye2cz Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 9:36 AM

Hi,
      Laurie

• Fun with kids

by jmima Online Now Jun 23, 2005 at 7:19 AM

I know swimming is the big thing around Balaton, but what other fun things is there to do with them? We will be there for a week in mid July on the northern shore (balatonFured or there abouts)

• argentia's Profile Photo

Cheap accomodations on the north shore?

by argentia Online Now Mar 12, 2005 at 1:25 PM

Hi,

Can anyone give a suggestion as to where to stay around Balatonfured? We're 2 students and we'll be there for 2 days in the beginning of July, so nothing too expensive please! We've read about Hotel Arkad...does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks from Toronto

Trudy

1 Answer Mar 12, 2005 at 1:44 PM
    • mrdarius's Profile Photo

Balaton Region

by mrdarius Online Now Jun 25, 2003 at 2:13 PM

Any specific tips for Gyenesdias area near Keszthely? Will be there july 13-15. Any good spas? Hiking? Beaches?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2003 at 1:20 PM