Balaton Travel Answers

change location

traffic siofok-budapest

by bigjim33 Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 5:10 AM

Hello to all,

I'm planning a weekend in Siofok, we will arrive by car from budapest airport. My question is: is there the risk to find hevy traffic coming back on sunday 7 aug.? How long could it take?

thank you for your suggestions!

Marco

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • gabesz's Profile Photo

Re: traffic siofok-budapest

by gabesz Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 8:18 AM

I think if you leave early in the morning and its not raining you should be ok without much problem. If you leave mid day you will tend to run into traffic, but bearable compared to some other places. One suggestion is do not rent the car unless you really need it and take the train which is convenient and you will not have to deal with traffic issues.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mediamind's Profile Photo

Re: traffic siofok-budapest

by mediamind Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 11:25 AM

As your next question suggests you plan to come in the morning...that is no problem at all - less then an hour and you reach Budapest from Siofok. If you change your plan, then you can run into traffic jam. On a sunny weekend tons of people visit the Lake Balaton and returns from it to Budapest on Sunday afternoon or evening.
    So to be on the safe side, leave no later then 2 pm and you will be fine.
    I would definately do not recomment train: it takes at least twice as much time as by car and on Sunday afternoon they are crowded, likely no aircon - only a public transport fanatic would choose it over a car. :)

• Re: traffic siofok-budapest

by bigjim33 Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 12:43 PM

thank you for your suggestions!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines