Balaton Travel Answers

change location

WHAT IS THE MOST BUSY PERIOD OF TOURISM IN NORTH BALATON ?

by irenz Online Now Jun 17, 2007 at 12:56 AM

we are going to live in the north balaton, in Gyenesdias, close to keszthely, we have purchased a home there, what is the period with more visitors? they say to me that is from the start of july to the end of august, is this correct ?? thanks for the advice.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • danbp's Profile Photo

Re: WHAT IS THE MOST BUSY PERIOD OF TOURISM IN NORTH BALATON ?

by danbp Online Now Jun 17, 2007 at 1:03 AM

That's correct, pre-season starts when temperature reaches 30 centigrades (that is, beginning of June, usually), number of guests rise as school ends in mid-June and the crowds come in the main season, starting with the beginning of July. The traditional season ends on the national holiday of 20 August, with about a week or sometimes two to go until the school begins. Then, from the beginning of September, even in good weather, the lake is practically dead until next June.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: WHAT IS THE MOST BUSY PERIOD OF TOURISM IN NORTH BALATON ?

by LOSDELGAL Online Now Jun 17, 2007 at 2:26 AM

Thanks danbp, we want to rent part of our house as is divided in apartments, is this very difficult ?? because i see a lot of homes that rent - let rooms, is there enough demand for so many rooms to let ?? or finally many rooms remain without to let due to the excess of offers ??

• Re: WHAT IS THE MOST BUSY PERIOD OF TOURISM IN NORTH BALATON ?

by LOSDELGAL Online Now Jun 17, 2007 at 2:34 AM

danpb, do you live in the keszthely - heviz area if so let me know, we know nobody there and we would like to make some friends, greetings from Spain.

• danbp's Profile Photo

Re: WHAT IS THE MOST BUSY PERIOD OF TOURISM IN NORTH BALATON ?

by danbp Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 1:18 PM

I live in Budapest, though I know a guy in Gyenesdias (!), could ask him if he'd be interested in getting acquainted?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines