Baku Travel Answers

change location
SerkanA's Profile Photo

From Baku to Turkmenistan

by SerkanA Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I heard that if i take transit visa i can find a tourism agency when i go to Turkmenistan and then i can take visa for 30 days. I connected with www.stantours.com they said so much money ($100-$120 per day). But i don't need for staying place or tour or food; i have a friend there. I need only visa.
And do you know for Turkmenistan transit visa how much day i wait after apply. And i really want to go there so much, but i cannot find way because of visa.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Re: From Baku to Turkmenistan

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM

It is very important to mention your nationality when asking about visas. Without knowing, this answer is general and may/may not apply to you.

You cannot change a transit visa to a tourist visa in country. You need to enter either with a transit or a tourist. A transit visa is usually valid for 5 days and you MUST have a visa for an onward country (ie Uzbekistan or Iran).

Tourist visas are completely different. for a tourist visa you MUST have a government appoint guide with you at all times when outside Ashgabat. Tourist visas are very expensive just like StanTours said.

Sorry there's no easy answer, it's Turkmenistan.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Baku