Baku Travel Answers

change location
abelabel's Profile Photo

What is the traditional and favorite food in Baku

by abelabel Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 12:25 PM

We are going to Baku on our way from Paris to Pakistan through china and will be filming a ROAD MOVIE as well as a food documentary. I would love to be in touch with some one who allow us to film him and his familly while cooking a traditional dinner and then enjoying it with the familly.
Please please please reply us...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Nuclei's Profile Photo

Re: What is the traditional and favorite food in Baku

by Nuclei Online Now Nov 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM

The famous food is called Tike.
    There are nice restaurants around "fantan" (fountain) square and also in Icerisehir.

Enjoy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: What is the traditional and favorite food in Baku

by rowk25 Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 6:22 AM

I have been in Azerbaijan last summer and i really liked this country...

Kebabs are a staple dish, try the liula-kebab grilled over an open fire. Stewed lamb, Bosartma, is another local favourite, the meat is stewed with vegetables and plums. Bosartma is served with lemon slices and cucumbers.

In the northwest khingal is a favourite dish - a flour dish with meat, fried onion and kurut (a dried cottage cheese). In the Lenkoran region chicken is stuffed with nuts, onion and jelly and fried. Fish is also stuffed and baked in a tandoor oven (tendir). The Apsheron peninsula is famous for its dushpara - small meat dumplings and kutabs - meat patties made in a very thin dough.

Caviar (kuru) is one of the Azeri luxuries, and you can taste it not only canned but also fresh. There's some sturgeon farming but most caviar comes from the dwindling stocks of the Caspian sea.

In Baku the best place to find caviar is at the Taza bazaar, near the Circus. Beluga is rather rare in Baku - most production of Beluga is exported. Most caviar you find in Baku is Osetra and Sevruga. You should also be aware that most fresh caviar is fully authentic, but illegally poached.

http://www.bakurealestate.net - Baku, cheap ACCOMMODATION - 30 manat

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines