Travel Answers
Bakirkoy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Will Grand Bazaar & Spice Market be open on May 19, 2014?

Istanbul Apr 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Hello,
      I will be in Istanbul on May 19 this year, which is a public holiday (Ataturk Day). I am wondering if the Grand Bazaar and Spice Market will be open on that day, even if it's a holiday.
      Thanks!

more
    • Stopping at Ataturk airport en route to Ghana. Is it worth a trip into Istanbul city centre?

Istanbul Mar 30, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Hi, I am travelling to Ghana and will be stopping at Ataturk airport for 17 and a half hours. We will be arriving at Ataturk around 11 pm Turkish time. Is it worth travelling to the city centre for some food and a look around? What is the best method of getting to the city centre? Are places to eat open late in the night? Is it safe at night? I was thinking of sticking to the Taksim square area. I tend to get bored easily and would like to leave the airport but I am unsure whether this is wise. This is my first proper trip out of Europe so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks =).

more
    • Transfers at Sabiha Gocken

Istanbul Apr 19, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Hi there, do you have to go through passport control for transfers at sabiha gocken? I don't have any check in luggage but I am flying with two different airlines (however I can check in online). Also, would anyone know how reliable pegasus is with their ETA's?

more
    • ssjd02's Profile Photo

Which Bosphorus Boat cruise to take? Plus More

Istanbul Apr 17, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi Everyone
      Me & my wife are headed to Istanbul tonight for a 3 day trip. I have done my general research and know what are the main attractions.
      However, I need some help with details please.

1. Which Bosphorus Boat trip to take? Where to buy the tickets? What are the times? All details will be much appreciated.
      2. Which attractions would be better suited to be visited in one day? (Based on location etc)
      3. Which attractions are more suited for a rainy day? Which ones are not?
      4. Which attractions require pre-booking etc to avoid delays? Can I book online?
      5. Any suggestions for places to eat?
      6. We're staying Sultanahmet area. Which locations are walk-able and which ones require alternate mode of transport? (We're ready to walk up to 20-30 minutes distances)
      7. Any others details that might be helpful.

Thank you very very much in advance for your help and advice. Much appreciated.

more
    • salsa in istanbul...and other questions

Istanbul Apr 21, 2014 at 8:16 AM

i am travelling to istanbul May1 to 8th, i would like to dance salsa and i am wondering what the best place to dance with real salseros(salsa dancers). the last recommendation was rio bravo. Is that still a good place now? Also i will likely be going to the place alone. is that a good and safe idea to go alone. THank you

more
    • Capisco's Profile Photo

Good price hotel/apartment

Istanbul Mar 27, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hello,
      I would like to know if any one have an idea about a hotel or apartment which will cost around 200Euros for 6 nights ?
      I hope it's something you already tried before ...I just want a clean room with a clean bathroom and a safe place to stay, near transportation or at least 200m away from a public transportation

Thanks
      Karim Kassem

more
    • Unrest in Istanbul

Istanbul Apr 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi There,

My wife and I will be travelling to Istanbul in July this year and staying in the hotel Niles. We planning to go for 3 days. We have heard however that there is some riots and unrest there and possibly not safe to travel. Can anyone advise if it is ok to travel there? We are really not wanting to cancel our trip!

more
    • Stopping at Ataturk airport en route to Ghana. Is it worth a trip into Istanbul city centre?

Istanbul Mar 30, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Hi, I am travelling to Ghana and will be stopping at Ataturk airport for 17 and a half hours. We will be arriving at Ataturk around 11 pm Turkish time. Is it worth travelling to the city centre for some food and a look around? What is the best method of getting to the city centre? Are places to eat open late in the night? Is it safe at night? I was thinking of sticking to the Taksim square area. I tend to get bored easily and would like to leave the airport but I am unsure whether this is wise. This is my first proper trip out of Europe so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks =).

more
    • what is the best area for a hotel in istanbul?

Istanbul Apr 16, 2014 at 10:43 PM

i mean to say where i should get a 3-4 star hotel in istanbul so that the attractions are easily accessible by public transport or within walking distance.

more
    • shuttlebus from Sabiha Gocksen to Sultanahmet (the old city)

Istanbul Mar 29, 2014 at 12:46 AM

We fly in june to Istanbul. My question is who has the experience with shuttlebusses. Which organisation is good and not so very expensive.

Thanks,
      Elly

more
    • Nostalgic Tram

Istanbul Mar 26, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Whereabouts can I get on the Nostalgic Tram and where does it go please?

more
    • SteveA82's Profile Photo

Istanbul trip during protest.

Istanbul Mar 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Hi everyone , i made plans to visit my turkish friends on the 31st march 2014. I realised after i booked that the elections is starting. I will be staying in osmanbey , near şişli. Will it be ok for me to still go there for 1 week. Or change to Antalya to visit friends there to.
      Any advice would be appreciated.

more
    • Galata Tower

Istanbul Mar 26, 2014 at 2:12 AM

I'm planning a trip to the Galata Tower to coincide with the call the prayer .. thanks for the tip ;) Can anyone give me directions to the Tower from the Galata Bridge please, also when leaving the tower where would be the next logical place to visit? Could we easily get to Eyup (Pierre Loti Café) from here via public transport or is the nostalgic tram accessible from here?
      I have heard of people leaving the tower and wondering aimlessly and getting lost, which is something I want to try to avoid. All help appreciated ...

more
    • Istanbul in june

Istanbul Apr 16, 2014 at 12:27 PM

what will be the weather like in early june in istanbul......i wish to visit the ciy at that tym....for a week.

more
    • Grand Bazaar

Istanbul Mar 25, 2014 at 1:29 AM

I've been reading up on places to visit in Istanbul, and quite a few say women should not go to the Grand Bazaar. None of them say exactly why. Can anyone throw any light on this matter? Thanks very much.

more
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

Comment please on two weeks in Istanbul

Istanbul Apr 7, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Hi - I am planning on two weeks in Istanbul and have decided on mid- to late April since I have heard that the poppies and other flowers are in full bloom at that time (is this correct?). I will rent an apartment and stay for two weeks in the Sultanamet neighborhood. Between getting there, back and getting over the time change (I am on west coast USA time) I figure I need that much time to see the major sites and experience the area. Does this seem like an appropriate amount of time - I don't want to be rushed. Any suggestions on must sees and must dos.
      Thanks

more
    • Smoke in Atatürk airport

Istanbul Apr 6, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Hi.
      Is there a smoking área in airport Atatürk transit level (International departures)?
      Thank you very much.

more
    • Istanbul tour

Istanbul Mar 26, 2014 at 5:14 AM

My mom wants to travel in Istanbul and visit all the museums palaces and other sightseengs. and we wonder what is the best time for going there? ask help to travel agencies or search hotel, book tickets, solve food issue and every other detail on our own? how many days will be enough?
      any suggestions would be massively appreciated thanks

more
    • salamq's Profile Photo

Two weeks at Istanbul

Istanbul Apr 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hello everyone,
      I would like to get some specific help about:
      1. Is it real that hotels at Turkey ask for marriage documents to accept booking for couples???
      2. Which month is better to travel there, July or September?
      Thank you so much...have nice travels.

more