Bakersfield Travel Answers

change location

How far is it from ATL, GA. to Bakersfield, CA

by shessocool40 Online Now Aug 12, 2003 at 12:18 PM

I was wondering how is the living in Bakersfield, California? Will Black people be able to obtain a job, and a home especically with five children?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Dumpymotel's Profile Photo

Re: How far is it from ATL, GA. to Bakersfield, CA

by Dumpymotel Online Now Aug 12, 2003 at 12:47 PM

Black, Purple, & Pink people should do okay but if your Orange or Green I really can't say. It's not easy being Green. Bakersfield has opportunites like anywhere you go. It isn't the very best place for a high paying job but it's big plus is if that rent is cheaper which can serve the same purpose. There is alot of agriculture around Bakersfield but when your in the city it's just like any other. Very suburban. If you have a genuine interest in the racial breakdown I am sure there may be some information on their official city site. You must know that is heavily hispanic and there are lots of cows. Both of which I love very much. Do yourself a favor and visit it for a weekend and get a feel for the place. Good Luck To You B L A N E

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Anthro's Profile Photo

Re: How far is it from ATL, GA. to Bakersfield, CA

by Anthro Online Now Aug 12, 2003 at 5:34 PM

I agree with Blane. Bakersfield is a definite mix of argriculture and urban life. It is growing considering it is cheaper than the Bay Area or LA area. It gets hot there in the summer! Really dry desert heat. I really don't think that you will have too much worries being black. I don't see an outpouring of racism here-considering minorities are actually the majority population. I have heard of a lot of gang activity there though-although I hear a lot about it in Atlanta too. You have to take it with a grain of salt. Good Luck! Leah

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines