Travel Answers
Bajram Curri

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where is a nice place to stay in Albania?

Albania 22 hours ago

Hello all Virtual Tourists!

Planning a beach vacation in the end of july/august this summer. But we are wondering where to stay and what to see.

We are dreaming of finding a quaint little village by the coast. One that is not ruined by tourism or giant hotels and other terrible architecture in general. And of courseā€¦ with a nice beach. Whether the beach is made up of sand, pebbles or rocks is indifferent. Just as long as it is beautiful, and the general vibe of the city/village is nice.

Any ideas? And any thoughts on Saranda vs. Himare vs. Vlora?

more
    • Getting around in Albania

Albania Apr 17, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Hello forum!

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Albania this summer. However, there are no direct flights to Tirana from Oslo, so we are contemplating some different options. Would love to hear your thoughts and tips, since we are in fact wuite clueless. :)

Destination --> VLORA!

Option 1: Flight to Corfu. Then we hop on the ferry to Saranda, and somehow find our way up to Vlora. I have read about both buses and "furgons" that travel this distance, but what I dont know is how long it takes. How many hours should we estimate for this trip? Can it be booked in advance? And since we are norwegians (not used to high heat) will there be air condition in the vehicle?

Option 2: Flight to Brindisi. Then hop on a ferry straight to Vlora. I have found a several forums talking about this trip, but I am having a tough time actually seeing the details. It seems the boat sails all night. Is it normal to sleep in your seat? In a cabin? What is recommended here?

WHICH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS IS SMARTER? :)

Super grateful for all help.

more

Near Bajram Curri