Baghdad Travel Answers

change location
kamelya_vis's Profile Photo

How to reach Baghdad or Kirkuk?

by kamelya_vis Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 6:22 AM

Could somebody please tell me about the flights that I could catch to reach baghdador Kirkuk? I am a Romanian women and I plan to go visit my husband who is a soldier in Kirkuk, but I found no way of transportation. I am sure that there are some flight from Ankara, only that I couldn't find anything on the internet. PLease help me with some informations or tips: kamelya_romania@yahoo.com. Thank you very much!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • george5b's Profile Photo

Re: How to reach Baghdad or Kirkuk?

by george5b Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 8:59 AM

First of all - ask you husband ! He's likely to have much better information than any person on this site.
    Second - There are are few airlines (e.g. Austrian that fly to Erbil), as well as Royal Jordanian to Baghdad.
    Iraqi Airlines also flies to several ME destinations as well as Frankfurt & London from Baghdad.

However before you do go, you'll need your husband to organize transport and protection from Baghdad to Kirkuk - something he'll find expensive and difficult to do.

Do head people's warning about safety in Iraq ! It is not a tourist destination and you'll be in grave danger should you attempt to travel from Baghdad to Kirkuk overland.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fouads's Profile Photo

Re: How to reach Baghdad or Kirkuk?

by fouads Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 4:20 PM

hi

you can go to Baghdad from Damascus by airplane and then to Karkouk but must your husbend be in Baghdad to take u , cause safty there is not 100%

best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Baghdad