Bagan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• unique venue

Inle Lake Mar 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Is that possible to hold a conference of rainforest environment in Inle  lake with theme dinner and unique venue?

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

snakes in Burma

Burma Mar 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Many thanks to every ones advice on the snakes in Burma,much appreciated

more
    • yangon to mandalay

Mandalay Yesterday

hi ! would like to know about travelling from yangon to mandalay...i have a liking for train travel

more
    • Trek Kalaw to Inle - festival days 2014

Kalaw Apr 11, 2014 at 4:30 AM

We will be arriving in Kalaw on the 13th and was hoping to do the 3 day trek to Inle April 14, 15, 16. However, the trek guide we emailed told us that they will do no trekking on the day of the festivals.
      Is this absolute? Do you think we can still find a trek guide even during that period?

more
    • Water festival

Rangoon Mar 26, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Is it okay to travel to Burma during the water festival? Will all the shop be closed??

more
    • Mandalay Airport Transit time

Mandalay Apr 6, 2014 at 4:01 AM

Hi, we have a 9.30 flight from Mandalay. We will have to fly from Pagan to Mandalay before. There is a flight arriving at 8.15 - I assume the airport is not so big, but would we have enough time for the transit? Thanks!

more

living local

Burma Mar 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM

im going to Burma in sept/october this year,

How easy and safe would it be to get friendly enough with locals,to be able to stay with them for a week and bought the family a months worth of food and maybe go fishing with them! basically i just want to live like them and local for a week!
      many thanks,Ben

more
    • Meditation visa. What is needed/allowed

Burma Mar 19, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Hello

I am new to this site so hope I am posting this in the right place.
      -last year I got a sponsorship form for a mediation visa whilst I was in Burma.
      Does anyone know

-What elase is needed? I have read that a recommendation letter is required but don,t know what that is.
      -I have friends in Nuang Shwe and I will want to visit them for 2 weeks. The rest of the time I will be at the monastery.
      Will I be allowed to do that? Who would check?
      -I have been unable to get any info from the UK embassy of Myanmar and would rather get my visa there although I may have to go to Bangkok/KL in the end. has anyone got a visa from London recently?

Thanks very much.

more
    • Dubin64's Profile Photo

Where to go in Myanmar/Burma

Burma Mar 16, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I am interested in going to Myanmar/Burma for a week and was wandering if anyone has some recommendations on where to go and what to see. I will be coming in from Bangkok so I must land in Yangon or Mandalay or Naypyitaw. Any help and advice is really appreciated. Thx

more

Destinia airline

Burma Mar 31, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Looking at flights from Mandalay to Hanoi in October,alot of the flights seem to be crazy 20 hour layovers in other countries,however i have found a company called air destinia, have any heard of this company and are they reputable.many thanks

more
    • Mid-range hotel in Old Bagan

by tomelliott1984 Online Now Oct 26, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in Old Bagan for around30-$40? I've tried researching on the internet but can only find the high end hotels.

I currently have a reservation in New Bagan but have since been advised to find somewhere in Old Bagan for convenience.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

4 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 5:50 AM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Balloon ride

by stamporama Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I'm looking into a possible trip to Myanmar and Bagan is definitely on my list. From the tips and insights of people who've been there the impression I get is the best (but most expensive) thing to do there is to ride the early morning hot air balloon. Is this thing really worth the price ($300)? I assume that only one company has a monopoly of this service?

4 Answers Sep 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM
    • need guide(non professional) in bagan during 13-19 feb08

by rungtip Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Hi,

I and my husband will be in Bagan during 13-19/02/08 we would like to have someone who can speak english to help us communicate with locals, we pay your reasonable wage include meal,student is also welcome.

please email me at iamrungtip@hotmail.com

thank you

2 Answers Jan 31, 2008 at 10:54 PM
    • veco_notebook's Profile Photo

Domestic Flight From Yangon to Bagan

by veco_notebook Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Do you know any site where I can do online booking for my Yangon - Bagan - Yangon flights?

Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 27, 2007 at 7:06 PM
    • MariusG's Profile Photo

Myanmar - Bagan Hotels

by MariusG Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 6:45 AM

Greetings,
      I tried to book a hotel in Old Bagan, but all the hotels with good recommendations in my price range - Tharabar Gate, Thiripyitsaya Sakura and Bagan Hotel are fully booked for the dates that I’ll be there; the only vacancies are at Serenity Hotel and I have no info about it.
      Any experience with it, anyone?
      Thank you,
      Marius

7 Answers Dec 17, 2006 at 6:28 AM
    • Independent bike tours of Bagan

by globetrotter77 Online Now Sep 9, 2006 at 9:15 AM

Hello,
      Does anyone know of any companies or locals that operate bike tours in Bagan? Or is it relatively easy to go off on your own and explore?
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 13, 2006 at 5:39 AM
    • Cycling in Bagan

by globetrotter77 Online Now Sep 2, 2006 at 7:46 PM

Hello,

Has anyone been cycling in Bagan recently? I have heard its a great place to explore by bike and wondered if anyone could give me some info on where to rent a bike from, cost etc? Even names of guesthouses that can rent bikes out would be helpful.

thanks,

GT

5 Answers May 15, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    • Bagan in a day?

by falkna Online Now Dec 4, 2005 at 5:53 PM

Hi there

I will be in Bagan in January 2006. Planning only to spend 2 nights there which will mean one full day around bagan. Can anyone recommend what to see, best sunrise and sunset positions. What is the best way around the whole area? Cart or bicycle?

J

5 Answers Sep 13, 2006 at 5:48 AM
    • AyurinHiro's Profile Photo

Meeting up in Bagan(Pagan)?

by AyurinHiro Online Now Feb 5, 2005 at 5:16 AM

Hi! I & my husband are now planning a trip to Myanmar! And we would like to meet up with VTers living or traveling there :-) We will arrive at Bagan on March 19 evening (Saturday) , and will leave at noon on March 21 Monday. Let's meet up! (How about having dinner together?) Possible meeting dates are... March 19 Saturday (night) in Bagan March 20 Sunday (evening till night) in Bagan March 21 Monday (morning) in Bagan Or March 21 Monday (afternoon till night ) in Yangon Hope to see you! Ayurin & Hiro

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo

Let's meet up in Bagan! (March 19 or 20 or 21)

by AyurinHiro Online Now Nov 20, 2004 at 8:52 PM

Hi! I & my husband are now planning a trip to Myanmar! And we would like to meet up with VTers living or traveling there :-) We will arrive at Bagan at 18:45 on March 19 Saturday, and will leave at noon on March 21 Monday. Let's meet up! (How about having dinner together?) Possible meeting dates are... March 19 Saturday (night) March 20 Sunday (evening till night) March 21 Monday (morning) Hope to see you! Ayurin & Hiro