Bagan Travel Answers

change location

Mid-range hotel in Old Bagan

by tomelliott1984 Online Now Oct 26, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in Old Bagan for around30-$40? I've tried researching on the internet but can only find the high end hotels.

I currently have a reservation in New Bagan but have since been advised to find somewhere in Old Bagan for convenience.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • planxty's Profile Photo

Re: Mid-range hotel in Old Bagan

by planxty Online Now Oct 26, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Hello Tom,

it is a few years since I was there but I recall that all the more affordable places were in "new" Bagan, they are nearly all resorts in Old Bagan. Honestly, the distance is so small and transportation so cheap it makes little difference where you stay. Also, there is little to do in Old Bagan in the evening except stay in your own resort. New Bagan is much livelier, although hardly a party town. I stayed at the Aung Mingalar Hotel which was great. Here is my page if you want to have a look.

Nyaung-u Hotel Tips by planxty

Hope this assists,

fergy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now Oct 26, 2011 at 4:11 PM

As said before, there are more hotels and restaurants in New Bagan. You'll definitely find one that fit your budget there. The ones in old Bagan are resorts-like. I've been to one to get some refreshments and to get away from the heat.

• Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Actually, most people stay in Nyaung-U. There is a whole range of hotels in and around those 3 places and as stated before, it doesn't really matter where you stay since transport is not too expensive (or rent a bicycle).

The last time I was in Bagan we stayed at a very nice new hotel for around35 dollars. If I remember it correctly it was called Bagan Princess but i'd have to check. Swimming pool, hot tub (they were busy installing more water heaters something that was needed in December cause i thought it was rather chilly in Bagan...). The palce is between old Bagan and Nyaung-U and we're definitely go there again next time we're heading that way.

• Re: Mid-range hotel in Old Bagan

by tomelliott1984 Online Now Nov 10, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Thank you for all the replies. Coincidently I ended up staying in Bagan Princess Hotel and would recommend it to anyone who is after a hotel conveniently placed between Old Bagan and Nyung Oo.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines