Bagan Travel Answers

change location

Bagan in a day?

by falkna Online Now Dec 4, 2005 at 5:53 PM

Hi there

I will be in Bagan in January 2006. Planning only to spend 2 nights there which will mean one full day around bagan. Can anyone recommend what to see, best sunrise and sunset positions. What is the best way around the whole area? Cart or bicycle?

J

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • gargamel111's Profile Photo

RE: Bagan in a day?

by gargamel111 Online Now Dec 5, 2005 at 5:43 AM

hi there,

there is no "best" place. Nearly on every pagode You will have a beautiful view. It is more the feeling that makes that moment unique than the seeing.

I would recommand a horse cart. Those guys know a lot, most speak good english (check out while choosing the one You take) and they also know the way to see most interessting places on one day. Just tell them, that You have just one day. Cost are about 6000 K for a day. This includes only sunset, for You will start about 9 o'clock. If You want to see sunrise You have to start before 6. Very early. ;-)
    By bike You will find a lot of sand and dust on the streets. No good bikes etc. And biking a whole day will make You sit in the bar at 3pm

have fun
    Gar

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Bagan in a day?

by falkna Online Now Dec 6, 2005 at 1:36 PM

hi there

thanks for the information. 6am start to see the sunrise is no problem :-) i think we can manage that. Also is their any hotels close to the actual bagan site/area. To save time travelling to and from

J

• gargamel111's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Bagan in a day?

by gargamel111 Online Now Dec 6, 2005 at 11:13 PM

hi there,
    yes, the hotels are very close to the tempel sites. Both places, those in Old Bagan are a little bit more expensive. My favorite is the New Park - not a super luxury one, but clean, quiete and friendly stuff.
    have fun
    Gar

• Standiamond's Profile Photo

RE: Bagan in a day?

by Standiamond Online Now Jan 19, 2006 at 6:47 PM

If they are your options, try the bicycles. The roads are unpaved and rough. You will be shaken to death in the carts. Bikes are less vulnerable. It is a flat area and many other cyclists are on the road. No problem.

• planxty's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Bagan in a day?

by planxty Online Now Sep 13, 2006 at 5:48 AM

One day is pushing it to get a lot done.

I enjoyed cycling there, but i had a few days to do it.

Have a look at my Bagan pages for the temples I enjoyed most.

I stayed at the Aung Mingalar Hotel in Nyaung U and liked it. A full review is on my Nyaung U page.

Hope this assists.

fergy.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines