Badgastein Travel Answers

change location
Ldeck3's Profile Photo

Verona to Vienna

by Ldeck3 Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I will be in Verona early July. I have to come home from Vienna. Would this be a good place to make a few nights in Austria? I do not really want to stay in Vienna but have a very early morning flight from Vienna. Is train service close to Bad Gastein? This is our first time without a car altho we could get one in Austria. I am giving my husband a repreive from driving in Italy. One other thing. My husband likes to swim and is staying in town for Verona so we need water in Austria..which shouldn't be too difficult. Anyone have any suggestions for 3-4 days in Austria, leaving Verona to Vienna? Thank you.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: Verona to Vienna

by puerto_lover Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Can't help with Austia but have just booked to stay at Ca' dell'Orto in Verona which is just outside the city centre on a bus route but more importantly has an outdoor pool. And the people seem very nice. So you seemed to suggest that there was nowhere your husband could 'take the waters' in Verona...

As the 'crow flies' Badgastein is very approximately halfway between Verona and Vienna.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines