Baden-Baden Travel Answers

change location

Romantic locats in Baden-Baden?

by RuttFamily98 Online Now May 11, 2008 at 6:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

I will be celebrating my 10 year anniversary in Baden-Baden, unfortunately I only have one night and want to make the most of it. We will be arriving in the early morning to partake of the Friedrichsbad spa before checking into our hotel. Problem is I haven't booked a hotel yet or made dinner reservations. I really want this to be romantic, any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: Romantic locats in Baden-Baden?

by Kathrin_E Online Now May 11, 2008 at 10:39 AM

How much are you willing to pay? Baden-Baden isn't cheap.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Romantic locats in Baden-Baden?

by RuttFamily98 Online Now May 11, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I would like to keep it under800 for lodging, meals,and the spa. Does that seem reasonable?

• Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: Romantic locats in Baden-Baden?

by Kathrin_E Online Now May 11, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Hotels in Baden-Baden: baden-baden.de/en/tourism/c/...

Brenner's Parkhotel is 'the' #1 address in town - probably a bit too much for your budget. Bühlerhöhe is far out of town in the mountains. But the following entries in the list will be of interest to you.

Zum Hirsch is in the old town, pedestrian zone (see my travelogue page on romantic spots in the old town, the first photo with the arch shows a part of that hotel).
    Badischer Hof is close to pedestrian zone and old town, too.
    Europäischer Hof is next to the Kurpark, visible on my Intro photo. Also close to the old town.

Disclaimer: I have never stayed in any of these as a) I live within day trip distance and b) they're far above my budget and c) so far no one has felt the need to go on a romantic trip to Baden-Baden with me *sniff*...
    But I guess you cannot go wrong with either of these. Hopefully others will have first-hand experience.

I wish you a great anniversary!

• Re: Romantic locats in Baden-Baden?

by huwe Online Now May 12, 2008 at 10:19 AM

I have a thing for the Parkhotel Atlantic, it is conveniently situated and not to pricy. Make sure to get a room facing "Alleeseite", a little surcharge will apply , but it is worth it.
    atlantic-parkhotel.de/en/ind...

As for the dinner, i prefer "Le jardin de France" is simply great:
    lejardindefrance.de/index.ph...

Round the corner:
    http://www.stahlbad.com/

Another great restaurant is a little destance outside in Neuweier, one of Baden-Baden's wine villages:
    armin-roettele.de/schloss_ne...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines