Baden-Baden Travel Answers

change location

Need Advice and tips

by tomting Online Now Nov 26, 2006 at 11:18 AM

Hi I and 2 other friends are going to Baden-Baden during christmas time to witness the chirstmas market festival. My current propose plan is flying from London City to Stuttgart, then taking the train from Stuttgart Airport to Baden Baden on 23th of Dec (any idea how mcuh is the train ticket?). May I know how far is Baden Baden town center from the Baden train station and what bus should I take. I would like to know if there is any train and bus operate during 25th the CHristmas day? This is because I may want to go other towns for a visit. I heard some suggestion of Strassburg in France, I have checked that we can arrive there by train from Baden-Baden. But I'm uncertain if the strassburg station is within the city center and how much the ticket costs? Do you think one day is enough for sightseeing in strassburg? I am planning to fly back to london on the 27th of Dec from Stuttgart.

Any advices? Feel free to drop any suggestions?
Many thanks.
Tom

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

RE: Need Advice and tips

by abalada Online Now Nov 26, 2006 at 1:13 PM

DB timetable
    reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...
    To: Baden-Baden
    you can also give any bus stop in Baden-Baden, e.g.
    To: Baden-Baden Leopoldsplatz

bus network Baden-Baden
    kvv.de/kvv/documentpool/lini...

Cheapest will be to use the Baden-Württemberg Ticket. A mini group (2-5 persons) day ticket valid one day for all local trains in Baden-Württemberg (EUR 25,00). This ticket covers also the buses in Baden-Baden. On weekdays this ticket is however valid only past 9am.
    Baden-Württemberg Ticket leaflet:
    http://tinyurl.com/rw7l5
    Select at the DB timetable as means of transport "only local transport" if you like to use the Baden-Württemberg Ticket.

If you have time visit on the 23rd the Stuttgart Christmas Market. One of the most traditional, the biggest and one of the best Christmas Markets.
    stuttgart-tourist.de/ENG/lei...
    Just exit the S-Bahn coming from the airport at Stuttgart Mitte.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: Need Advice and tips

by Sjalen Online Now Nov 27, 2006 at 6:15 AM

Just bear in mind that 23rd is the last day for most Christmas markets!

Yes, Strasbourg station is in the centre even if it is a bit of a walk to the cathedral (but definately walking distance).

• RE: Need Advice and tips

by Jameshe Online Now Dec 3, 2006 at 1:08 AM

Dear Tom,

check out www.deutschebahn.de for your train queries, you can easily change the page to English (or french) if you wish. Germany is usually very quiet on Sundays, with only restaurants open, as they keep this as a family/religious day. You can check about buses/trains on Christmas day but I don't think you'll have much luck!

Hope this helps

Helen

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines