Baden-Baden Travel Answers

change location

HELP!

by davedge Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 7:24 AM

Hi everbody
My three friends and i are going to baden in may and we are hoping to go to the races as well as having a few days relaxing.
I have looked through all your great pages and have picked up some good tips but could still do with some help.We would like soom ideas about where to eat and drink,which is the best spa to vist and has anybody been to the races or do you have any tips about what tickets to get and what to wear.

Thanks in advance davedge

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

RE: HELP!

by abalada Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 12:22 PM

Baden-Baden
    http://www.baden-baden.de/en/index.html

Friedrichsbad
    carasana.de/home/en/roemisch...

Caracalla Spa
    carasana.de/home/en/caracall...

Iffezheim Racecourse
    baden-baden.de/en/tourism/in...
    baden-galopp.com/en/index.ph...

Festspielhaus
    http://www.festspielhaus.de/
    e.g. 25./27. May Mozart Violin Concertos with Anne-Sophie Mutter Violin and the
    London Philharmonic Orchestra

Baden-Baden bus network
    kvv.de/kvv/documentpool/lini...
    stop: Iffezheim Rennbahnstr.
    which is served by bus lines 244 and 218

A 24-hour ticket "Citykarte" for up to 3 zones (Baden-Baden = 2 zones + Iffezheim 1 zone) is EUR 4,20. The mini group version (2-5 persons) "Citykarte plus" is EUR 6,50.

In the case you land at the Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport (FKB) aka Baden-Airpark: the airport is in Rheinmünster served by the bus line 205. For Rheinmünster to Baden-Baden you need a ticket for 4 zones.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Nelie's Profile Photo

RE: RE: HELP!

by Nelie Online Now Apr 2, 2006 at 8:25 AM

I have been several times to the race and I always buy the cheapest ticket which names "Sattelplatz" since I prefer to first watch the horses when they are presented at a place with names "Fuehrring" then go to the counter to bet on one horse and then go down to the racetrack. With this ticket you do no have a reserved seat or can go to some of the tribunes like "Oleander Turm". This is the right ticket if you like to walk arround a lot. If it is important for you to have a reserved table or seat you should take a tiket like "Große Sattelplatztribüne -
    Numerierter Platz" or "Iffezheimer Tribuene"

There is no dresscode to enter the area of the circuit. You can be dressed very casual or very formal it is really up to you. Get some more impression of the horserace on my sisters travel page "Horse Races in Iffezheim" - Iffezheim by chicabonita

My favorite restaurant is Frizzantino in Fremersbergstr. There you get really great italian food at resonable prices.

• RE: RE: HELP!

by davedge Online Now Apr 6, 2006 at 9:28 AM

thanks for your info it was very helpful

davedge

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines