Bacolod City Travel Answers

change location
GalleinG's Profile Photo

Around the top.

by GalleinG Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I am travelling with my wife and father from Bacolod, around the top of Negros to Escalante city. Is there anything that I should not miss (as a tourist) while traveling from Bacolod to Escalante?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • PinoyTraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Around the top.

by PinoyTraveler Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 8:46 PM

if you are just riding a bus or any public transport, stay on the left side as it is more picturesque. if you are driving or hiring a private vehicle, there are a lot, i can assure you daylight wont be enough for you to marvel at everything in between!

Talisay is first. Marvel at their ancestral houses, many of them. There are also vast farms and rambutan plantation worth a peep!

Then Silay. Don't miss the old houses too(some of them are now museums), the cathedral, the sugar factories and trainss/rails. We like passing by 'El Ideal' pronounced 'ilidyal' for snacks and stories about this old bakery!

Next there is a town i forgot its name (magalona?) where they culture crabs from the sea like blue crabs!

Then Victorias. The city got its name from that famous sugar company. See the place with mementos of their olden past.

Next town (manapla?) starts the beaches and resorts but there are also ancestral houses.

Cadiz is next but I have just roamed the city center. I hear there are springs and waterfalls.

Sagay City also has those old sugarcane trains. They're trying to grow/maintain a mangrove forest which is wonderful. And there are great small islets

Then you arrive at your destination, Escalante.

If you can visit places south of Escalante (e.g., on your way back) they are also fantastic places. In fact why not circle the whole island?!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bacolod City Travel Answer Locations