Bacolod Travel Answers

change location
Acej's Profile Photo

FIRST TIME IN BACOLOD CITY

by Acej Online Now Jul 10, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Hi VTers,

I'll be in Bacolod city for 4 days this july.I am a backpacker.. I have alloted overnight stay in Guimaras. I need your suggestions on what sites to visit..and how to make this trip less ( GASTOS ) :) Please see my sample IT:

Day 1
The Ruin, how to get there from the airport?
The ruin to Circle Inn? is there any cheap accommodation in the city?
Bacolod City tour ( by walkin around,ridin a jeepney.. any recommendation where to go? any restaurant? delicacies?

Day 2

Overnight stay at MAMBUKAL... how to get there from Circle Inn? how much is the overnight stay in mambukal? what to do in mambukal? any near tourist attraction in mambukal?

Day 3,
from mambukal to guimaras island.. how to get there?
Guimaras island overnyt stay.. any cheap accommodation in guimaras island?

Day 4,

Departure Bacolod-Manila (PM)

Guys pls help me.. what can you say bout my IT?
Pls help me bout my IT?
All your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Re: FIRST TIME IN BACOLOD CITY

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 14, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I don't have all the answers to your questions, but I have some suggestions:
    Day 1: If you've set your mind on going to The Ruins from the airport, I think it is more convenient if you hire a taxi to bring you there, wait for you, then bring you to Circle Inn in Bacolod City. We stayed at Bacolod Business Inn when we went to the 2010 & 2011 Masskara Festivals. Their rates are very reasonable. You can tour Bacolod City in half a day, mostly commuting by jeep and even just walking to some places. You can go over the VTers' Travel Pages on Bacolod City to see which places interest you, what pasalubongs/delicacies to buy, what restaurants to try.
    Day 2: I don't know how to commute from Bacolod to Mambukal because we went there by car, but your hotel front desk staff can always assist you with directions on how to go to Murcia. The only tourist attraction that I know of is the Mambukal Mountain Resort. If you're into trekking, you can go up to the 7 waterfalls of Mambukal. Otherwise, you can just take a dip in the pool, go boating in the lagoon, etc.
    Day 3: I've been to Guimaras twice, but we went there via Iloilo City. I understand there's a ferry from El Salvador Benedicto to Iloilo. I suggest you email VTer Buena Tinio of Bacolod to ask her for details how to go about commuting from Bacolod to Iloilo City. As to accommodation in Guimaras, I recommend Raymen's Beach Resort.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bacolod