Bacolod Travel Answers

change location
nikkinikz's Profile Photo

HELP: First Time in Bacolod

by nikkinikz Online Now Sep 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM

Hi, I will be going to Bacolod on Sept.30-Oct.2 alone (unplanned, just got a promo form airphil express). I still have no any idea on what to do, places to visit and foods to try. I would like also to ask if it is possible to be able to visit Iloilo and Guimaras with that span of time I have? Is there anyone of you who will be going on the same dates as I do? Your replies will be very much appreciated. :)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • edwinic's Profile Photo

Re: HELP: First Time in Bacolod

by edwinic Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 4:47 AM

its possible, especially if you will fly back from ilo-ilo to manila.

also, there are regular ferry plying ilo-ilo to bacolod.

from ilo-ilo, guimaras is a 15min boat ride

your time allowance is very tight

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nikkinikz's Profile Photo

by nikkinikz Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Thank you so much. Yah, I've got a very limited time. And, sadly my ticket is mla-bcd-mla. I will just try to have a good schedule to be able to visit Iloilo and Guimaras as well.

• buenababe's Profile Photo

by buenababe Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 8:31 PM

3 days 2 nights in bacolod-iloilo-guimaras??!!! i dont think you'll be able to explore much of 3places in such a short time... but if you really want it my suggestion is:

day 1: if arrival in the morning, explore bacolod area. visit the ruins, the church or on your way from the airport to city proper, pass by ancestral houses in Silay City.take an early night stroll at the lagoon.

day2: 6am trip to iloilo (weesam express) then visit Jaro Cathedral and Jaro Plaza, Iloilo Museum... at around 10am or before lunch, go to guimaras... take the bangka from Ortiz in Iloilo to Jordan in Guimaras. Then travel 30 minutes to Alubihod, you can stay at Reymen's Resort.

day3: go back to bacolod, shop for pasalubong (you can find most of them in SM).. then Airport back to bacolod.

Im from Bacolod and have lived 4 years in Iloilo so i kinda know the place. ;)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bacolod