Bacolod Travel Answers

change location

Bacolod - Iloilo - Guimaras - Iloilo

by gabskie0509 Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Hi.. maybe you guys can help me.. I'm currently doing a research on where to go and what to do for this trip.. Our flight is on Sept 29 4am to Bacolod.. Im planning on going straight to mambukal and stay there for a night. Leave the next morning and check in somewhere in Bacolod.. but, since I'm taking my 3 yr old son with me, I need to make an itinerary that won't tire me and my baby much.. Second option is to just stay at mambukal for 2 nights and then go to Iloilo and not watch na the Masskara Festival.. I need to know travel time from Bacolod airport to mambukal then mambukal to city and which jeeps / buses should we take.. Also, do any of you know a hotel or an inn very near Iloilo Airport as our flight is at 0650am october 4.. thank you much much.. PS.. u might want also to suggest a resort at guimaras that has 24 hour electricity.. and cheap as well... :)

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Re: Bacolod - Iloilo - Guimaras - Iloilo

by cyndymc Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I'm a little bit confused so please clarify...you're going to Bacolod Sept 29? Whether you decide to stay overnight or 2 nights in Murcia where Mambukal Resort is, you don't have to worry about the Masskara Festival because the highlight of activities is on Oct 15-16 yet. Re: your Iloilo-Guimaras trip, you can actually go directly to Guimaras. We did just that even though we got the earliest flight to Iloilo City. There are taxis that will bring you to the port where you can get a boat to Guimaras. See my transportation tips at Guimaras Island Transportation Tips by cyndymc for details. We stayed at Raymen Beach Resort when we went to Guimaras; we didn't have problems with electricity. See Guimaras Island Hotel Tips by cyndymc to judge if you'll like it there, too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • buenababe's Profile Photo

by buenababe Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Hi there!

I can suggest that on Sept. 29, you can go straight to Mambukal and stay there overnight and maybe leave by noontime the next day. Then stay in Bacolod for the night so that it will be easier for you to go to the port for Iloilo.

Mambukal is around 45minutes from Bacolod proper. From the Airport to Bacolod proper, it is 45 minutes also. So if you'll arrive by 5am in the airport, you can take the shuttle van going to the city (P150 per person)... by 6am, you'll be in Bacolod and you can ask the driver to take you to Mambukal Terminal (it's in Lopez Jaena St., near Libertad)... maybe he'll charge an extra of P50 for that. Then you can take the Mini Bus or big jeepney going to Mambukal...Approximate by 9am you'll be there already, or depending on the waiting time at the terminal or you'll have to take breakfast first.

I also suggest that you should book a room at Mambukal, prior to your trip. Their number is 034-4730610. There are hotel-room-type to choose from ranging from 900-1500.

The next day, there are buses waiting at the entrance of Mambukal, you can take the trip in going to bacolod.

My brother's friend owns a Pension House in Bacolod, so if you're interested, I can refer you to them. It's around 15minutes away from the sea port... In going to Iloilo, it's just an hour ferry ride and there are plenty of ferries with different trips daily. by the way, end of September isn't Masskara yet. We celebrate Masskara Oct. 19, and a week prior to it.

In Guimaras, you can try Reymen Resort. It's in Alubihod. I think that's one of the best resorts in the area with better facilities. and it's not that expensive.

• Re: Bacolod - Iloilo - Guimaras - Iloilo

by gabskie0509 Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 9:00 AM

thanks for your replies... According to someone whose from Bacolod, A parade starts the festival and it usually is the beginning of the month of october that's why I booked the flight on Sept 29 so we may be able to be there ahead to avoid traffic etc etc.. Manila to Bacolod flight is Sept.29 at around 4am and our flight back to manila would be coming from Iloilo, around 6am on Oct 4.. OK, so from bacolod airport, can we go straight to mambukal or we really need to go bacolod city? If we can go straight to Mambukal, how do we do it? I prefer riding a bus or jeep.. and after mambukal, I'm planning on going straight to guimaras.. Is that possible? or do we need to go ILoilo first? thanks so much... I need to make this perfect as my kid gets easily bored.. thanks much...

• buenababe's Profile Photo

by buenababe Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM

From Silay airport, you need to go to Bacolod, then Mambukal. i think, i've written on previous reply on what you need to ride in getting to mambukal.

you can go straight to Guimaras, but from bacolod, you need to travel to the town called Pulupandan, around 20minutes from the City and there are bangkas there going to guimaras. but it's the other part of guimaras. it's more convenient if you will have the ferry going to Iloilo, then bangka to guimaras.

i dont think there's traffic and shows on 1st week of october... the events during Masskara are usually on the 2nd week til 19th.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

by cyndymc Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Your friend must be referring to the launching of Masskara Festival on the first week of October. I have a friend whose group is participating in the streetdance competition. He said although there is no official schedule released yet, they were advised that the projected schedule for this year is as follows ( based on the previous Masskara Festival celebrations):

October 14 – 15 Electric Masskara (Lacson Tourism Strip)
    October 15 Masskara Festival Streetdance Competition Schools Category
    October 16 Masskara Festival Streetdance Competition Barangay Category
    October 18 Countdown To Charter Day Street Party
    October 19 Charter Day

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bacolod