Bacolod Travel Answers

change location
maribeldizon's Profile Photo

Bacolod Experience

by maribeldizon Online Now Jul 22, 2011 at 9:43 PM

my family is having a get-together in Aug and one of the places we decided to go to is Bacolod... we only have 3d/2n. We want to go to Mambukal springs, checkout the ruins and some of the heritage houses...taste the famous chicken bacolod and try out some of your local restaurants... where is a strategic place to stay in? (am checking out Nature Village in Silay and Circle inn in Bacolod) Is there a tour we can join or maybe a van we can rent? Would appreciate suggestions/Tips. thanks!

Quote & Answer
28 Answers
  • paolodecastro's Profile Photo

Re: Bacolod Experience

by paolodecastro Online Now Jul 22, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Hi Maribel......
    i have been to Bacolod many times...
    i am also on a scheduled trip there this coming october
    for the Maskara festival......
    all you want to do...from tasting the famous chicken insal to the ruins....
    been there done that.....

if you want to go stay in the city...you can check at Royal amrei hotel......
    their number (034) 433-8881, 4330222, 4330322...or you can e-mail them at hotelamrei@yahoo.com....

but if royal amrei is not what yuou are looking for...
    we can consult a friend,,,,,a Vter also from Bacolod...
    her name is Buenababe...

she will find your post and will answer.....you in no time.....

happy travels............;)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • buenababe's Profile Photo

by buenababe Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 12:12 AM

yeah im here! haha

i think it's better that you'll stay in Bacolod proper. Nature's is in Talisay and you'll have to travel 15minutes going to downtown, though the place there is more quiet and they got swimming pool. circle inn is quite ok too, it's a few blocks away from the Luzuariaga Cemetery which Paolo wants to see coz it's the Guiness book daw.hehe If you want, you can stay overnight in Mambukal. there are rooms there ranging from 900-1500, theres 5000 din for a big group. You can do lots of things in Mambukal. What type of hotel do you prefer? You can try L'Fisher (it's the most expensive) and it's sister hotel the Chalet, i think it's 1200 per night there. but if you want, our company got discount in Check Inn Pension, it's around 600 per night.

so just let me know, if ever. ;)

by buenababe Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM

here's my Bacolod page, check it out. i got most of the good restos there. food trip!haha

"Welcome to the City of Smiles - Bacolod!" - Bacolod City by buenababe

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Buena is right... staying in one of the cottages of Mambukal (that's in Murcia) would be a wonderful option. That way, you can try all the exciting adventures/experiences that could make your trip memorable. You can transfer to Bacolod City, research on blog reviews of the hotels/inns mentioned by Buena and Paolo. You can add Bacolod Business Inn to the list. We stayed there during last year's Masskara Festival. You'll an idea how it looks like; go to Bacolod Business Inn: "Nice, Quiet Location!" - Bacolod City Hotel Tip by cyndymc or visit their website at http://www.bacolodbusinessinn.com

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Btw, for your food trip, don't miss Chicken House for their inasal, and Aboy's for other native foods. If you have sweet tooth, don't miss Calea for their cakes and pastires. My favorite is their blueberry cheesecake.

by paolodecastro Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 4:10 PM

hi ate cyndy........saw ur reef walk in your hp...nice...:)
    hi buena........excited about our sagada trip......:)

by buenababe Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 6:31 PM

ahh, i love calea's blueberry cheesecake too. i might go eat there later.haha ;) business inn is ok too, it's near downtown. they serve nice coffee in their resto... if you decide to have overnight in Mambukal, pls book a room earlier coz it's usually full especially on weekends.

pao, I booked 2 flights for Manila. Nagkamali yung isa coz of Marco, so he will pay the other one.haha nice no? =) see you soon.

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Buena, & Paolo, let's meet up in Bacolod, am going to the Masskara Festival, too.

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Maribel, I don't have contacts for van-for-hire, but we chartered Faith Taxi for our airport pick-up and drop-off (cp nos. 0928-7323238 & 09232230163). From the airport, we stopped by Silay before proceeding to our hotel; no extra charge, but we gave a tip to the driver. We got a metered taxi to bring us to The Ruins (Talisay), paid extra for waiting time and gave a tip to the driver. Perhaps your relatives in Bacolod can give valuable advise, too, re" your transportation concerns...Happy travels ;)

by buenababe Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Sure tita cynd, I would love to meet you soon. I booked a room for paolo at check inn, so probably we'll tour him around.;-) im at calea now, having capuccino and so many cakes.lol

by paolodecastro Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 11:44 PM

ate cyndy.......yup good idea....i can now meet my first friend in VT

buena.......poor marco...;).....excited much also to see the maskara.....;)

• maribeldizon's Profile Photo

by maribeldizon Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hi Paolo, Buena and Cyndy! Thank You for your valuable suggestions! Good thing i decided to post in VT before booking in Nature Village.. Was really tempted to book there because of the pictures in their website... I mentioned Circle Inn also because of the pictures of the rooms (in their website) look really nice. The price is also reasonable. Except for Mambukal who does not have an email in their website, i sent emails to all the hotels you mentioned and will wait for their reply.

So Mambukal accommodations are ok? I read some lousy reviews kasi, that the rooms are not well-kept kaya i scratch it from my list and just go there for a day trip. Our party kasi includes my 79-year old mother so i am looking for a nice comfortable place.....

Read your Bacolod pages and we will definite try Chicken house, Calea and Aboy's I hope we have enough time to try the others.

Cyndy, we are a family of 9 and di kami kasya in a taxi. hope we get to hire a van from the airport for a reasonable price. (how much more or less do you think is good?) We leave mla first trip (arriving in Bacolod 6am) so i dont think the ancestral houses will be open that early?

Thanks again to you all! God bless

by buenababe Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Yeah rooms in mambukal are good.we were there last month. They have big cottages but I think you can fit for 1200 room, just add on extra mattress. There is space outside of the room where you can bbq and eat. They provide tables and chairs.

With tranpo, nyala has van rentals.i think day trip is 2500 excluding gasoline. I will send you mambukal and nyalas number later.just woke up. ;-)

by maribeldizon Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Thanks Buena, really appreciate!

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 6:16 PM

When we went to Mambukal for a day trip, we met many families and honeymooners who stayed overnight in the cottages. I have not met anyone who gave negative feedback, in fact, they encouraged us to stay overnight because it is so cool there. I guess if you're expecting hotel-like amenities, you'll really be expecting more. Btw, Mambukal has a hot spring pool which your mother will probably enjoy. There are lots of adventures for you and your children. You can climb the mountain to see the 7 waterfalls. I was able to go up the 7th falls, so that's a challenge to you. (LOL) I'm glad Buena knows someone you can contact for the van; she lives in Bacolod so she knows better...We also got the early flight to Bacolod, but we made a stopover at Silay nonetheless to visit the Cathedral to say prayers of thanksgiving for a safe trip. If you're non-Catholic, you can appreciate its historical and architectural aspects. We went around the streets and viewed the old houses. We intended to pass by Silay again on the way back to the airport to see the interiors of the heritage houses, but plans changed. Now, I have reason to go back to Silay for a cursory look at the interiors.

by maribeldizon Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Thanks Cyndy, that's two positive votes for mambukal... i am just waiting for Buena. she said she'll email me the nos when she is fully awake! hahaha! i'll take your suggestion too about looking around silay on the way to the hotel and the insides of the houses on the way back... saves time! Maybe we can check on the ruins too on the first or last day? Have a great day!

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Oh, you definitely shouldn't miss The Ruins! Medyo dramatic ang ambience do'n pag sunset, but you can go there anytime. They have a Cafe there so no problem when you get hungry.

by buenababe Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM

ok, i've resurrected.lol!

Nyala's numbers: (034) 4331049, 4344589 and 09189158073

Mambukal: (034) 4730610

I suggest that from the airport, you pass by the ancestral houses in Silay, then go to the Ruins as well, then pass by Provincial Capitol where the Lagoon is, then head to Bacolod Cathedral. After that you can do your grocery to SM then be in Mambukal lunchtime or early lunch... there, you can do swimming, hike the waterfalls, zipline, boating, etc. I highly recommend the dipping pool at night, it is hot sulfur spring and is believed to have medicinal effects. very soothing and relaxing. They also have stalls wherein you can eat in mambukal. The price is really not that expensive.

Then the next morning, you can stroll around Mambukal again, enjoy the scenery or just relax. by noontime, you can head back to bacolod and check in the hotel. you can stroll around the city for your shopping in the afternoon and eat out at dinner. We have the Pala-pala here where you can buy fresh seafoods and let the resto cook. I recommend Hykso's for that. that's where we usually bring visitors from Manila. ;0) it's like Dampa, but sooo much better.

When will you go here? we will go to mambukal too on Aug. 20-21. ;)

by buenababe Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 7:34 PM

oh, maybe for brunch on your first day, you can eat at aboy's before heading to mambukal, it's in Goldenfield Complex...Aboy's is a bit expensive though.. then the next day you're back from Mambukal, you can eat at at Chicken house for Lunch. they have a branch in lacson st., in front of ABS-CBN... then have your dessert at Calea in lacson st., as well, in front of L'fisher...

just a suggestion to maximize your food tripping.haha

by cyndymc Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Maribel, basta kainan, maaasahan mo si Buena ;) She has good taste buds!

by maribeldizon Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 2:57 AM

You are right Buena, tried to book in Mambukal but they are already full. They have a big group on the dates we will be there in Bacolod (23-25) :(... Anyway talked to Fritz of Nyala and will finalize with him as soon as i know where we are staying lol! Got an email reply from Amrei, Circle Inn, Nature Village. I called Business Inn to complete my list. :)

• monina_c's Profile Photo

by monina_c Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Good thing you did not book Nature's Village! We had a bad experience there last year! Contrary to the blurb, they are located inconveniently in a rather in between place... you need to commute to both silay and bacolod city. The staff are inhospitable (rather strange for a resort!). If you want good service, professional dealing and clean rooms better book at the L'Fisher Chalet! We transferred there after our disastrous overnight at Nature's (what do they say about there being no truth in advertising???). L'Fisher Chalet is located in Lacson St. so it's quite accessible to everything in Bacolod City.

You can't go wrong taking Buena's and Cyndy's suggestions and do not miss Silay's old houses. BTW, the coffee is great at The Ruins. Buena if I do get back to Bacolod, let's have dinner there, ok??? :)

by buenababe Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 1:03 AM

yup, i agree ate monins. nature's beside the road with the sugarcane fields neighbor.hehe sorry about your experience there...

good thing you transferred to Chalet. It has good ambience at night at their resto with the pool. ;)

sure thing, just let me know if you're in town. i'd be glad to meet you. and if ever you have time, we could go to La Castellana, my hometown, 1.5hours from Bacolod, it is located at the foot of mount canlaon, and it's nice there. ;) You are also welcome there Paolo and tita Cynds. :))

---***---
    i just booked 2 rooms in mambukal for aug.20-21 since i have cousins coming over from the US and UK.. too bad you werent able to book there on your intended dates... =(

• olitrac's Profile Photo

by olitrac Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 2:36 AM

i was there in bacolod last month for a business trip and stayed at the royal Amrei Hotel. Accommodation includes breakfast.. the staffs are very accommodating and polite... its a nice cool and quite place located at 13th lacson st. just a few meters from the main road. It only takes 2 minutes if you need a taxi..just ask the front desk that you need one. For fresh talaba and bacolod chicken inasal..visit pacita's in manokan country besides SM mall.

by maribeldizon Online Now Aug 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Hi guys, just want to let you know that we had a blast in Bacolod (chicken inasal and calea)-Talisay (Ruins) -Silay (Balay Negrense) -Murcia (Mambukal)! Thank you for your valuable tips! Since we couldn't go to Sipalay for the beaches and Mambukal was fully booked, decided to stay in Palmas del Mar Resort (after i saw Buena's recommendation of the place) and got a good deal! Nyala's transport service was superb too! Hired the van for 2 days so we were able to go around inspite of the rains! My family super liked the Ruins, special mention to Mars the guide who also took fantastic pictures (will post soon)! Went home to Manila with a lot of beautiful memories of Bacolod. Took home 8 boxes of goodies from Bongbong, Thanks to our driver Nestor who also stopped by the Bongbong's restaurant in the airport so we could buy more piyaya, butterscotch, hopia and barquillos! Yummy!

by cyndymc Online Now Aug 30, 2011 at 4:56 AM

I'm happy to know you enjoyed your trip. We look forward to your travel tips and photos ;)

• monina_c's Profile Photo

by monina_c Online Now Aug 30, 2011 at 5:08 AM

:) i'm happy you're happy with your family's bacolod trip.

by buenababe Online Now Aug 30, 2011 at 9:43 AM

wow!nice to hear that. so glad you had a great time here in bacolod. ;) maybe when you're back next time, we could meet up, just let me know...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bacolod