Bacolod Travel Answers

change location
fridz's Profile Photo

first visit to Bacolod

by fridz Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM

hi there! i just want to ask what's the best place to see and things to do in Bacolod. we're planning to go there, with my mom and bro, this may and will spend 3days. and also any suggestion for hotel preferably near the city center.... thanks much

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: first visit to Bacolod

by asianbelle Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Personally, I don't find much to see/do in Bacolod, but you can drive to Talisay and see The Ruins. It's an ancestral house that was damaged during WWII but rehabilitation had been done to make it a tourist attraction.

You can also cross to Iloilo via fast ferry.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cyndymc's Profile Photo

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I agree with Aida; there's not much to see in Bacolod City itself. If you have not finalized your plane booking yet, I suggest you postpone your trip to Bacolod for October so you can witness the Masskara Festival. But if you already have set your plans for May, I suggest you go to Silay for the ancestral homes, to Talisay for The Ruins and to Murcia for the waterfalls. Enjoy your travel ;)

• fridz's Profile Photo

by fridz Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 3:09 AM

thanks guys.... i think it's much better in october..... have to think about it... thanks again guys....

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 6:09 AM

I guarantee you'll love the Masskara Festival. We might go back there to join the revelry again. I think the dates for this year's Masskara streetdancing will be Oct 15 to 16. Abang na tayo ng promo fare ;)

• fridz's Profile Photo

by fridz Online Now Mar 26, 2011 at 12:35 AM

thanks so much ms. cyndy...

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 26, 2011 at 12:37 AM

You're welcome ;)

• buenababe's Profile Photo

by buenababe Online Now May 1, 2011 at 5:28 AM

In Bacolod City proper, the only good thing here is the food and probably the night life. There's a good resort here though, called Palmas del Mar and it has swimming pools, hotel rooms and the view of the sea.. In Talisay, about 20 minutes from the city, the Ruins is there which is considered a landmark of Bacolod/Negros. Yet, most good places to see are not actually in Bacolod itself but to its neighboring towns/cities. You can travel 45minutes to Murcia and go see Mambukal, it's a Mountain Resort with swimming pools, cottages, sulfur dipping pool, zip line, etc. U can also go south of Bacolod, around 5 hours travel to Sipalay City, where the nice white-sand beaches can be found...

Most definitely, there r lots of activities in October coz it's Masskara and it is a whole week celebration of Street Party, good food and Fiesta atmosphere.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bacolod