Azerbaijan Travel Answers

change location

E visa

by oznztofro Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Hello everyone.

I havent been to Azerbijan yet but i do know a thing or 2 about the visas and from what i have read people have got Azeri visas in a few days from an agency in.

I hear this new thig called e visa http://evisa.mfa.gov.az/. I have registered but i am yet to fill out forms as i wont be there till Aug.

Now i am wondering if anyone has used this serivice in the past 12 months. Is it a way where your details are approve by the MFA and then a code/visa is sent to an Azerbijan embassy for the person to collect. Because if thats the case its meerly the same way how you get an Iran visa (pay company to send details to MFA, get code from MFA. Go apply for visa at the chosen embassy).

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • selim45's Profile Photo

Re: E visa

by selim45 Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Azerbaijan is notorious for changing visa procedures, or introducing procedures, realizing the idea doesn't work, then getting rid of it. The e-visa idea was brought in for Eurovision, but seems to have been forgotten.

I don't know anybody who has used this outside Eurovision, so i'm sceptical. If you do use it PLEASE report back

• DAO's Profile Photo

by DAO Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

The visa was a nightmare in Georgia. I was shouted at and made to run back and forth outside their embassy on days 1 and 4....You are not allowed to go inside and the procedures are bizzare. They do not encourage tourism. As stated before, be careful. Your best bet would be to telephone your local Azeri Embassy and ask the current forms and fees. Apply direct.

Good luck!

• Re: E visa

by oznztofro Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Well thanks for your sotry and heads up. From what i hear the embassy like oh herea s busioness ard goto that office block and they will get you an azeeri visa. Everyone says just goto tbsibili and you will get a vidsa with or without a LOI. well everyone now needs loi.

But the thing is i live in Australia and i am not willing to goto or send my passport to jakarta or KL to et a visa because god nows how long it wiull take. I am british as well but i dont spend much time there and th london mebasy also takes too much time.

If all fails going to karabah does count as a visit to azerri soil

• Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 6:28 AM

They now require an LOI in Tbilisi, but the consulate in Batumi (Georgia) still does not ask for one.

• DAO's Profile Photo

by DAO Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Just looked at my records. Yep, the bastards rejected my first application in london (and kept the fee) with no reason given. I then went to the embassy and they refused in person beacuse I wanted to fly in less than 2 weeks. The reason they gave was that America (USA) would take longer. I can only hope that the USA will treat them the way I was treated and cut off their foreign aid.

I did steal there DVD collection explaining the virtures of visiting. It was their display copy. As it was on Azari soil - its not a crme in London!

I suggest you telephone their embassy you want to visit. I visited 2 and they werre shocking.

Not every country wants you to visit. I hate that fact, but they don't want you. I was even detained for smuggling 'antiquities' on the way out. This consisted of a USSR coin and a St. Christopher medal from Poland.

Armenia is very friendly to Tourists.......

by Neverever777 Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Azerbaijan is promoting tourism heavily but it seems they hate tourists! The Azerbaijan Visa Centre are very rude and they don't even have a telephone number for you to contact them for update on your application! They seem more interested in charging you more money and pressure you into the urgent service costing £165.00 on their website it states 6 days for this service. I went back after 10 days and they told me it's 12 days if I include weekends! They refused to help and give it to me one day earlier which meant I had to change my flights and lost the money I paid for the hotel in Baku. I later found out that United Kingdom and USA tourists wanting to visit Azerbaijan pay triple in Visa fees compared to all other countries! Azerbaijan is a business, not a democracy! To make matters worse there is no guarantee that I will be granted a Visa. Appalling service, as a tourist I'm already put off by visiting Azerbaijan. I wish now I had not booked my flights and hotel, I do not ever want to visit this country if tourists are hustled in this way. The Azeris in the London Visa Cenre seemed very unfriendly, unhelpful and unwelcoming. It doesn't hurt for them to smile, especially as first time tourists to Azerbaijan. Never again.

by Neverever777 Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Azerbaijan is promoting tourism heavily but it seems they hate tourists! The Azerbaijan Visa Centre are very rude and they don't even have a telephone number for you to contact them for update on your application! They seem more interested in charging you more money and pressure you into the urgent service costing £165.00 on their website it states 6 days for this service. I went back after 10 days and they told me it's 12 days if I include weekends! They refused to help and give it to me one day earlier which meant I had to change my flights and lost the money I paid for the hotel in Baku. I later found out that United Kingdom and USA tourists wanting to visit Azerbaijan pay triple in Visa fees compared to all other countries! Azerbaijan is a business, not a democracy! To make matters worse there is no guarantee that I will be granted a Visa. Appalling service, as a tourist I'm already put off by visiting Azerbaijan. I wish now I had not booked my flights and hotel, I do not ever want to visit this country if tourists are hustled in this way. The Azeris in the London Visa Cenre seemed very unfriendly, unhelpful and unwelcoming. It doesn't hurt for them to smile, especially as first time tourists to Azerbaijan. Never again.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Azerbaijan Travel Answer Locations