Travel Answers
Ayuthaya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Suggestions about Khao Yai National Park?

Prachin Buri Apr 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hello! We are planning on doing a day trip from BKK to Khao Yai NP. I've heard about some of the guided tours, and the one I've seen most recommended is Greenleaf. Does anybody have any experience getting there and/or getting around the NP? Is a tour worth the 1500 B? Is it better to rent a motorbike to see the NP? Is there a particular route we should take from BKK (bus, van, etc)?

Thanks!

more
    • Can anybody help us get from the city to the bat cave (Wat Khao Chong Pran)?

Ratchaburi Apr 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi friends! Does anybody know the best way to get to the bat cave mentioned below, after being dropped off at the bus station? We are coming from BKK to Ratchaburi by van, and after that we are a little stuck. We asked a motorbike taxi to take us but he said it was too far. Does anybody have any experience getting there from the city?

Thanks!

more
    • nail salons

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Hi.does anyone know whether there are any nail salons in platinum mall or around??

more
    • nail salons

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Hello, are there any nail salons in platinum mall?

more
    • Taxi hire at Bang Kok And Pattaya

Bangkok Apr 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM

I am going to visit Bangkok and Pattaya this June. I want to hire a taxi or a cab for sightseen in Bangkok and pattaya. I want a cab from reputed cab operator. Please tell me the numbers, name of taxi operator or tell me how can do my temple tour, Safari park tour etc in Bangkok and Nong nooch village, Tiffany Show in in pattaya.

more
    • Travelling to Bangkok and Pattya for 6 nights

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Need advise as travelling with family including two kids of age 7 & 13. What to do as of now planning 3 days in bangkok and 3 days in pattya

more
    • protest in bangkok update?

Bangkok Apr 9, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hi I will be flying to bangkok this 12-15th of april and will be staying in Bangkok city hotel. Solo traveller here. How is the situation now? anyone here going to bangkok this songkran festival? My first time. I hope I'll enjoy even if I will be travelling alone.

more
    • Where to get a decent haircut (for men) in Bangkok?

Bangkok Apr 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Where to get a decent haircut (for men) in Bangkok?

Just a proper decent haircut will do...

more
    • anywhere to shop? are the shops open on songkran 12-16apr 2014?

Bangkok Apr 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

i am going to travel to bangkok on songkran between 12 april to 16 april. are the shops open? heard from some that most shops are closed. but some said mostly open... pls advise. eg: chatuchak market/plantium mall/partnunam open??

more
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

upcomin visit

Pattaya Mar 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Hello there,
      I'm flyin out to Thailand in next couple of days and has been a while since last time I was in Pattaya, does anyone know fares for taxi, red truck, etc. from bus terminal to the beach road? I'm catchin the bus from Suvarnabhumi so as always any kind of suggestions will be very appreciated, thank you.

more
    • SeetaKaur's Profile Photo

Transfer to Suvarnabhumi from Don Muang

Bangkok Yesterday

Hi Guys

I really need a piece of advice, my next trip to US have to make me stop at DMK before continue to next flight from BKK airport to save extra money

I will arrive with airasia at DMK around 16:00 if there is no delay for the same day, and my next flight from BKK is 22:40

Am I too ambitious if I choose flight arrived at the same day and proceed to next flight right away? i've tried to search information about possible transport option between this two airports but i just want to be safe, missing flight is the last thing i wanna have

Looking forward to hear from you, and thank you in advance

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Transit at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Bangkok Apr 21, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I have a return flight with Srilankan airlines from Karachi to Shanghai. On the return way I'll be staying at Bangkok and will go to Malaysia by road and will return from Malaysia to BKK by air. All I need to know is that do I have to get a double entry visa of Thailand in order to take Srilankan airlines from Suvarnabhumi? My flight from Srilankan airlines to Karachi is just after a couple of hours of landing at Suvarnabhumi. From KL to BKK I'll take tiger airlines.

more
    • Good hotels near Yanhee hospital or a skytrain stop that will take me nearby?

Bangkok Apr 19, 2014 at 2:22 AM

I am travelling to Bangkok in early May and researching good hotels near Yanhee Hospital. There doesn't seem to be much in immediate area and wondering if the skytrain near Pathumwan Princess would take me near to hospital or how much it would cost and long it would take in a taxi?

Are there still protests outside PP??

Have not been to Bangkok for many years and any help would be most appreciated! :)

more
    • using Airport Link

Bangkok Apr 16, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Now that the Phyai Thai link is closed but Makkasan to Subaranabhumi is still operational. How do I go to Makkasan Airport Link station to go to the Airport? Using either Bus or Metro/train coming from Bangkok Noi, Siriraj Hospital. Thanks

more
    • what soi number is soi Diana ?

Pattaya Apr 11, 2014 at 1:08 PM

is it soi 12 or am i wrong ?

more
    • Is bangkok safe to travel during 17th - 21st april?

Bangkok Apr 9, 2014 at 6:03 AM

I'm thinking of travelling with a friend to bangkok for a short trip from 17th to 21st april. Is it safe to travel there during that period. We'd probably be hanging out around areas such as siam, pratunam, yaowarat areas.

more
    • barney1987's Profile Photo

Weather In Pattaya in the first week of May

Pattaya Apr 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Hi,

I have been to Thailand this year already, where I visited in January and had perfect weather with slight cloud at times. I know May is the start of the monsoon season but I was wondering what it would be like from the 1st May for 1 week? I know it will be hot. With the rain, will there still be some days of clear sun to tan or will it just be cloudy? I've read mixed things..some say it will be clear most days until 4 pm when the rain starts. Others say that it will be cloudy and hot with no sun. I'm looking at just going somewhere that's cheap when I'm out there and to get some winter sun!

I'll be flying into Bangkok so will either go to Pattaya for a close beach or get a flight to Phuket.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Barney

more
    • Sightseeing in Bangkok 12 - 13 April 2014

Bangkok Apr 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I understand it will be the Songkran festival over this weekend, inclusive of 12 and 13, but could anyone recommend where to go for sightseeing? Or any attractions...

Probably any floating market and temples to visit that is accessible by BTS?

more
    • Songkran 2014 – Thai New Year 2014?

Bangkok Mar 31, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Hello, I am travelling to Thailand on 10th April for Business purpose but I got news on 13th to 15th April 2014 its Thai New year so it will be holiday (vacation)???

more
    • early morning baht busses

Pattaya Apr 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM

do baht busses run up and down Pattaya Klang from 3rd rd to 2nd rd/Beach rd at 3 or 5 am?

more
    • How far is MBK from Hotel Ibis Siam? Thanks for your help!

Bangkok Apr 16, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Will be travelling to BKK end of April. Planning to stay at Ibis Siam. Any feedback? How far is the shopping zones - MBK etc? Thanks a ton!

more
    • Bangkok safety

Bangkok Apr 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM

HI all,
      ill be travelling is bkk anytime between 15th may -20th. Will it be safe?
      im planning to stay in Baiyoke sky, pratunam...
      will pratunam area be safe?

more
    • Transfer from Bangkok airport to Bangkok City Hotel?

Bangkok Yesterday

Hey it says 25 mins from airport is it best to use tour transfer or taxi? Any company's or price of bus or taxi be great. Thanks x

more
    • sdq's Profile Photo

Where to find halal Muslim food in Bangkok ?

Bangkok Apr 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Where to find halal Muslim food near Pullman Bangkok Hotel G 188 Silom Road, Bangrak , Silom / Sathorn, Bangkok, Thailand 10500.

more
    • Customized Suit in Bangkok

Bangkok Apr 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Where to make customized suit(coat, trousers, shirt) in Bangkok? Preferably in shopping malls and near BTS stations...

more
    • Train to Ayuthaya from Bangkok in the morning and a boat ride back to Bangkok in the afternoon

by trinamouse Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM

How do we book a one way ride back to Bangkok in the afternoon after a morning visit to Ayuthaya?

3 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    • Scooter ride in Authaya

by bkc Online Now Oct 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I am an elderly person from India. I wish to spend a day in Ayuthaya.

1. What are important places in Ayuthaya that must be seen
      2. Are scooters ( with gear control in hands) available for hire.
      3. Can I drive in Ayuthaya with Indian license. The driving system and conditions are similar in two countries.

Please post your advise in this regard
      bkc

1 Answer Oct 3, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    • Flooding in Ayuthaya

by HelenMubarak Online Now Sep 27, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Is Ayuthaya still flooded or in danger of being flooded? I plan to visit this Sunday, Oct. 2, and would like to visit the tourist areas.

1 Answer Oct 2, 2011 at 6:08 AM
    • buggyblue's Profile Photo

What motivate you to visit Ayutthaya?

by buggyblue Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM

right again, what motivate you to visit Ayutthaya? Push factors from inside you or pull factors from the destination?

4 Answers May 3, 2011 at 5:11 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Bus times to Suphan Buri

by soundchaseruk Online Now Apr 13, 2011 at 7:42 AM

I want to get the times of the busses to Suphan Buri from Ayutthaya

Can anyone help me ?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Visakha Bucha Celebrations

by soundchaseruk Online Now Mar 21, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I will be in Ayutthaya on the 17th so will i see any worshipping by Monks and Buddists at the ruins or elsewhere in the city?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 1:54 AM
    • Mique's Profile Photo

Anyone who can recommend a good gueshouse/hotel in Ayuthaya?

by Mique Online Now Jul 16, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Early august i'm taking several of the burmese teachers from the c\school where i work to Thailand. We also want to visit Ayuthaya. Does any of you know a budget place that is clean and that has enough rooms (we'll be about 18 people in all, 3 kids included). I know budget is always asked for in these cases but my TA earns about200 a month. This trip is an enormous change for them. Several have ever been outside of Myanmar (or even traveled much within Burma) and i'd like to take them somehwere nice and affordable (for them).

Thanks

• eagle05's Profile Photo

Ayut/Accomodation

by eagle05 Online Now Jul 9, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Dear all,

as I am still planing trip to Thailand in Sept./ I am considering to visit Ayutthaya. Can anybody give any comments on the " Moradok Thai Guesthouse" + would anybody know by any chance if one can get direct in touch with them like by mail?
      many thanks;-)

1 Answer Jul 9, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    • Greggor58's Profile Photo

Local Guides...

by Greggor58 Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Im wrapping up some time in SE Asia and Im thinking about spending a quick day by train up to Ayuthaya from Bangkok...sometime before next Wednesday..
      I would assume I can pick up a local guide with transport of some type at the train station there...
      Does anybody know that this might be true...or better yet...can anybody recommend a local guide there that might be reasonably priced?
      Many thanks in advance all!!
      G

2 Answers Feb 5, 2010 at 2:27 AM
    • BKK - Ayutthaya - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai

by davataged Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Dear all, please help me out with this. I've planned a trip to BKK - Ayuthaya - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai and here's my itinerary for Ayuthaya. Do you think it's too much for one day?
      Day 2 Ayutthaya
      - Wat Mahatat
      - Wat Chaiwatthanaram
      - Grand Palace
      - Lunch – floating restaurant
      - Bang Pa–In summer Palace
      - Ayuthaya Historical Park
      - Overnight in Ayuthaya

Btw, is it a long way from Ayuthaya to Sukhothai to go by car?
      Thank you so much :).

1 Answer Jan 8, 2010 at 4:45 AM
    • mini bus to ayutthaya

by musaphir Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM

hi members

need feedback on the current situation regarding mini buses going to ayutthaya from bangkok. are they still running from the victory monument and if any members has recently used these buses can you give the exact location at the victory monument area. is the minibus bus stand in the same place as buses that go to hua hin?

your urgent response will be appreciated as have to go there next week.will any public bus from suvarnabhumi airport reach the minibus to ayutthaya stand.
      regards
      musaphir

1 Answer Aug 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM
    • How to go to Ayuthaya from AIT or Thammasat university?

by poplar_tran Online Now Aug 13, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Hi everyone,
      I would like to ask how can I go to Ayuthaya from AIT or Thammasat university (Klong Luang, Pathumthani)? Any bus/van to go there with the cheapest price? Could you please tell me in details how to go there?

Thank you very much and best regards,
      Poplar

• guest houses in ayutthaya

by musaphir Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 4:39 AM

hi
      any suggestions for centrally located, clean and safe guest houses in ayutthaya.these could be in the vicinity of the train station or the bus station.
      regards
      musaphir

1 Answer Apr 19, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    • Sunshine_1's Profile Photo

SPA!!!!

by Sunshine_1 Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Hi anybody, please suggest the nice spa at Ayuthaya, I have to stay for a while.

Thank you

• yumiyun's Profile Photo

Package tour to Ayuthaya

by yumiyun Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Hi,

We (3 adults and 1 small child) are planning to visit Ayuthaya from BKK. Can anyone suggest us a good package tour to Ayuthaya. We intend to do a day trip.

Thanks,

3 Answers Dec 14, 2007 at 9:25 AM
    • SecretAgent's Profile Photo

Flooding in Ayutthaya?

by SecretAgent Online Now Oct 27, 2007 at 3:36 AM

Read from the news that it is flooding in Ayutthaya.

Is it still waterlogged?

Will be visiting Wat Senanimit
      Tambol Banheep, Amphoe Uthai next weekend.

is it still possible to get there via tuktuk or should i just selfed the plan?

2 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 9:20 AM
    • Pinaks's Profile Photo

Ayuthaya by car

by Pinaks Online Now Oct 12, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning to cover Ayuthaya in a day & gather from different posts that hiring a car from BKK could be a good option since I'll be travelling with my wife & small kid (5yrs).
      Any idea about the tentative cost & how many sites can be covered in a day.
      When shall we start (to avoid heat & traffic) & by when can we expect to return to BKK?
      Any tips would help.
      Thanks a lot in advance...
      cheers

3 Answers Oct 29, 2007 at 3:30 PM
    • rdxmot's Profile Photo

Ayuthaya trip

by rdxmot Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 9:51 PM

I know the tour buses to Ayuthaya from Bangkok take you there via Bang Pa-In Summer Palace. I would probably take train to Ayuthaya and hire a tuktuk to see around. However, I think the above palace is not in the Ayuthaya town itself…
      (1) How to go to this palace? Is it worth the trip?
      (2) How far it is from Ayuthaya town? How to go there from Ayuthaya and how muh time it takes for a return trip to palace from Ayuthaya?
      (3) How much will it cost by the mode of transport you suggest.

Thanks!!

4 Answers Apr 13, 2007 at 1:42 PM
    • pecaspat's Profile Photo

Help with my itinerary!

by pecaspat Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Well...again, I need help from everyone that can help me. I', being to be disparate because I can't decide my itinerary! I have 7 days to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ayuthaya and Sukhothai. For me is being pretty difficult organise the days and I don't know if maybe I should avoid one of the cities? For me is hard to decide not visit Ayuthaya, Sukhothai or Chiang Mai : (

Can anybody recommend me what to do?

I will really appreciate any help!

Thanks to all in advance!

1 Answer Mar 16, 2008 at 9:56 PM
    • how much roughly a tuk tuk for the day?

by oxfordlad Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 10:34 AM

I was thinking of going to Ayuthaya by train (or is bus better!?) then hiring a Tuk Tuk for the day to show me aroud the sites,how much roughly is it to hire a Tuk Tuk for the day in Ayuthaya?Just so I don't get too ripped off!

3 Answers Dec 30, 2006 at 3:25 PM
    • haydnesque's Profile Photo

Is 1 day enough?

by haydnesque Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 11:15 PM

hello guys! Just a short question. Is 1 whole day enough to see the major spots of Ayutthaya or do i have to spend at least 2 days?

Im planning to go here by train in the morning, and proceed to nhong khai in the evening.

Any respone and suggestions are appreciated.

Ben

3 Answers Nov 13, 2006 at 4:32 AM
    • ayuthaya to kanchanaburi

by broomespike Online Now Oct 2, 2006 at 11:30 PM

We are catching the train from Chaing Mai back down to Ayuthaya. After we have looked around there we want to get across to Kanchanaburi. Has anyone done this? Any hints? I believe you have to go to Suphanburi first.

• Loy Krathong in Ayuthaya 2006

by solotraveller Online Now Aug 9, 2006 at 7:54 AM

Anyone know how is the celebration and its exact dates ?

Will it be as interesting as Sukhotai or Chiang Mai(based on recent years ?)

2 Answers Aug 9, 2006 at 10:56 AM
    • justus2robbos's Profile Photo

Ayuthaya and/or Sukhothai?

by justus2robbos Online Now May 23, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Hi, We are going to Laos this year (06)in October and to Thailand in November. I have one million questions which I am trying to answer by researching the forum.
      One thing we are unsure of, as both sound good, is which temple ruins place is best, Ayuthaya or Sukhothai? We mean, really which is the best place all-round as we may have to limit our towns a bit. Thanks

6 Answers Oct 10, 2006 at 11:38 PM
    • Ayuthaya or Bangkok

by helga77 Online Now Jan 28, 2006 at 1:22 PM

We will be visiting Bangkok in February on a cruise ship - staying nearly 2 days. We will at the port of Laem Chabeng - about 2 hours out of Bangkok. We would like to visit Ayuthaya and are thinking of getting a hire car (& driver) to go directly from the port to Ayuthaya to spend a few hours and then into Bangkok for the afternoon, stay overnight in Bangkok and sightsee in Bangkok before returning to the ship the next afternoon. Does anyone have any advice whether Ayuthaya would be time well spent or is it better to just spend the 2 days in Bangkok? We haven't been to Bangkok before so am really trying to see as much as possible in a short time. In Bangkok we were wanting to see the Grand Palace, canals, the teak house and some shopping. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2006 at 4:23 PM
    • lmc2626's Profile Photo

From Grand Palace, how to go to Aruthaya

by lmc2626 Online Now Jan 11, 2006 at 1:37 AM

at 1pm coming from Grand Palace, how to go to Aruthaya, for elephant ride?
      do I need to rent a car? can find public transpo? how much?
      i understand 1.5hrs travel time, is it correct?

7 Answers Sep 29, 2006 at 12:53 PM
    • shaofei's Profile Photo

World Heritage festival in mid Dec

by shaofei Online Now Nov 23, 2005 at 2:57 PM

Hi,

I have heard that Ayutthaya has a week long festival held during mid-December to commemorate its listing as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Does anyone has information about this? Thanks!

1 Answer Dec 4, 2005 at 9:50 PM
    • Hobbes28's Profile Photo

Ayuthaya at night, then headed to Bkk

by Hobbes28 Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 9:20 AM

Am planning a day trip to Ayuthaya. Heard that the illuminated temples are spectacular at night. Is it possible to stay until around 9-10 PM then head back to BKK? What time does the train/bus stop operations and is it safe to travel at night back to Bkk? Thanks!!

1 Answer Jul 31, 2005 at 12:44 PM
    • Getting Around Ayutthaya

by anne05 Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 8:47 AM

Hi,

My family (me, hubby, 3-yr old son) will be visiting bangkok this augusta nd are planning to visit Ayutthaya, too. I've read in several posts here that train is the best way to go to ayutthaya. Are the trains comfortable also for children? How much is the fare for children? When we arrive at Ayutthaya, how do we go around the different tourist spots? Is there a taxi there that we can rent to tour as around the area? How much would it cost?

Thanks in advance for all you replies. :)

5 Answers Nov 21, 2005 at 3:41 PM
    • robbibaba's Profile Photo

Catching a boat back to Bangkok

by robbibaba Online Now Jan 28, 2005 at 6:14 PM

Hi, we'll be coming into Ayuthaya from the north via train, but want to continue on to Bangkok via the river. I've read about all the tours starting in Bangkok that include a river trip back, but wonder about catching a one way trip south (for 5 of us). Will it be pretty easy and obvious or should I try to book something in advance? Many thanks! Rob

1 Answer Jan 28, 2005 at 7:27 PM