Travel Answers
Ayuthaya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Train to Ayuthaya from Bangkok in the morning and a boat ride back to Bangkok in the afternoon

by trinamouse Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM

How do we book a one way ride back to Bangkok in the afternoon after a morning visit to Ayuthaya?

3 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    • Scooter ride in Authaya

by bkc Online Now Oct 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I am an elderly person from India. I wish to spend a day in Ayuthaya.

1. What are important places in Ayuthaya that must be seen
      2. Are scooters ( with gear control in hands) available for hire.
      3. Can I drive in Ayuthaya with Indian license. The driving system and conditions are similar in two countries.

Please post your advise in this regard
      bkc

1 Answer Oct 3, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    • Flooding in Ayuthaya

by HelenMubarak Online Now Sep 27, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Is Ayuthaya still flooded or in danger of being flooded? I plan to visit this Sunday, Oct. 2, and would like to visit the tourist areas.

1 Answer Oct 2, 2011 at 6:08 AM
    • buggyblue's Profile Photo

What motivate you to visit Ayutthaya?

by buggyblue Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM

right again, what motivate you to visit Ayutthaya? Push factors from inside you or pull factors from the destination?

4 Answers May 3, 2011 at 5:11 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Bus times to Suphan Buri

by soundchaseruk Online Now Apr 13, 2011 at 7:42 AM

I want to get the times of the busses to Suphan Buri from Ayutthaya

Can anyone help me ?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Visakha Bucha Celebrations

by soundchaseruk Online Now Mar 21, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I will be in Ayutthaya on the 17th so will i see any worshipping by Monks and Buddists at the ruins or elsewhere in the city?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 1:54 AM
    • Mique's Profile Photo

Anyone who can recommend a good gueshouse/hotel in Ayuthaya?

by Mique Online Now Jul 16, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Early august i'm taking several of the burmese teachers from the c\school where i work to Thailand. We also want to visit Ayuthaya. Does any of you know a budget place that is clean and that has enough rooms (we'll be about 18 people in all, 3 kids included). I know budget is always asked for in these cases but my TA earns about200 a month. This trip is an enormous change for them. Several have ever been outside of Myanmar (or even traveled much within Burma) and i'd like to take them somehwere nice and affordable (for them).

Thanks

• eagle05's Profile Photo

Ayut/Accomodation

by eagle05 Online Now Jul 9, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Dear all,

as I am still planing trip to Thailand in Sept./ I am considering to visit Ayutthaya. Can anybody give any comments on the " Moradok Thai Guesthouse" + would anybody know by any chance if one can get direct in touch with them like by mail?
      many thanks;-)

1 Answer Jul 9, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    • Greggor58's Profile Photo

Local Guides...

by Greggor58 Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Im wrapping up some time in SE Asia and Im thinking about spending a quick day by train up to Ayuthaya from Bangkok...sometime before next Wednesday..
      I would assume I can pick up a local guide with transport of some type at the train station there...
      Does anybody know that this might be true...or better yet...can anybody recommend a local guide there that might be reasonably priced?
      Many thanks in advance all!!
      G

2 Answers Feb 5, 2010 at 2:27 AM
    • BKK - Ayutthaya - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai

by davataged Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Dear all, please help me out with this. I've planned a trip to BKK - Ayuthaya - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai and here's my itinerary for Ayuthaya. Do you think it's too much for one day?
      Day 2 Ayutthaya
      - Wat Mahatat
      - Wat Chaiwatthanaram
      - Grand Palace
      - Lunch – floating restaurant
      - Bang Pa–In summer Palace
      - Ayuthaya Historical Park
      - Overnight in Ayuthaya

Btw, is it a long way from Ayuthaya to Sukhothai to go by car?
      Thank you so much :).

1 Answer Jan 8, 2010 at 4:45 AM
    • mini bus to ayutthaya

by musaphir Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM

hi members

need feedback on the current situation regarding mini buses going to ayutthaya from bangkok. are they still running from the victory monument and if any members has recently used these buses can you give the exact location at the victory monument area. is the minibus bus stand in the same place as buses that go to hua hin?

your urgent response will be appreciated as have to go there next week.will any public bus from suvarnabhumi airport reach the minibus to ayutthaya stand.
      regards
      musaphir

1 Answer Aug 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM
    • How to go to Ayuthaya from AIT or Thammasat university?

by poplar_tran Online Now Aug 13, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Hi everyone,
      I would like to ask how can I go to Ayuthaya from AIT or Thammasat university (Klong Luang, Pathumthani)? Any bus/van to go there with the cheapest price? Could you please tell me in details how to go there?

Thank you very much and best regards,
      Poplar

• guest houses in ayutthaya

by musaphir Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 4:39 AM

hi
      any suggestions for centrally located, clean and safe guest houses in ayutthaya.these could be in the vicinity of the train station or the bus station.
      regards
      musaphir

1 Answer Apr 19, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    • Sunshine_1's Profile Photo

SPA!!!!

by Sunshine_1 Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Hi anybody, please suggest the nice spa at Ayuthaya, I have to stay for a while.

Thank you

• yumiyun's Profile Photo

Package tour to Ayuthaya

by yumiyun Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Hi,

We (3 adults and 1 small child) are planning to visit Ayuthaya from BKK. Can anyone suggest us a good package tour to Ayuthaya. We intend to do a day trip.

Thanks,

3 Answers Dec 14, 2007 at 9:25 AM
    • SecretAgent's Profile Photo

Flooding in Ayutthaya?

by SecretAgent Online Now Oct 27, 2007 at 3:36 AM

Read from the news that it is flooding in Ayutthaya.

Is it still waterlogged?

Will be visiting Wat Senanimit
      Tambol Banheep, Amphoe Uthai next weekend.

is it still possible to get there via tuktuk or should i just selfed the plan?

2 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 9:20 AM
    • Pinaks's Profile Photo

Ayuthaya by car

by Pinaks Online Now Oct 12, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning to cover Ayuthaya in a day & gather from different posts that hiring a car from BKK could be a good option since I'll be travelling with my wife & small kid (5yrs).
      Any idea about the tentative cost & how many sites can be covered in a day.
      When shall we start (to avoid heat & traffic) & by when can we expect to return to BKK?
      Any tips would help.
      Thanks a lot in advance...
      cheers

3 Answers Oct 29, 2007 at 3:30 PM
    • rdxmot's Profile Photo

Ayuthaya trip

by rdxmot Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 9:51 PM

I know the tour buses to Ayuthaya from Bangkok take you there via Bang Pa-In Summer Palace. I would probably take train to Ayuthaya and hire a tuktuk to see around. However, I think the above palace is not in the Ayuthaya town itself…
      (1) How to go to this palace? Is it worth the trip?
      (2) How far it is from Ayuthaya town? How to go there from Ayuthaya and how muh time it takes for a return trip to palace from Ayuthaya?
      (3) How much will it cost by the mode of transport you suggest.

Thanks!!

4 Answers Apr 13, 2007 at 1:42 PM
    • pecaspat's Profile Photo

Help with my itinerary!

by pecaspat Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Well...again, I need help from everyone that can help me. I', being to be disparate because I can't decide my itinerary! I have 7 days to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ayuthaya and Sukhothai. For me is being pretty difficult organise the days and I don't know if maybe I should avoid one of the cities? For me is hard to decide not visit Ayuthaya, Sukhothai or Chiang Mai : (

Can anybody recommend me what to do?

I will really appreciate any help!

Thanks to all in advance!

1 Answer Mar 16, 2008 at 9:56 PM
    • how much roughly a tuk tuk for the day?

by oxfordlad Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 10:34 AM

I was thinking of going to Ayuthaya by train (or is bus better!?) then hiring a Tuk Tuk for the day to show me aroud the sites,how much roughly is it to hire a Tuk Tuk for the day in Ayuthaya?Just so I don't get too ripped off!

3 Answers Dec 30, 2006 at 3:25 PM
    • haydnesque's Profile Photo

Is 1 day enough?

by haydnesque Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 11:15 PM

hello guys! Just a short question. Is 1 whole day enough to see the major spots of Ayutthaya or do i have to spend at least 2 days?

Im planning to go here by train in the morning, and proceed to nhong khai in the evening.

Any respone and suggestions are appreciated.

Ben

3 Answers Nov 13, 2006 at 4:32 AM
    • ayuthaya to kanchanaburi

by broomespike Online Now Oct 2, 2006 at 11:30 PM

We are catching the train from Chaing Mai back down to Ayuthaya. After we have looked around there we want to get across to Kanchanaburi. Has anyone done this? Any hints? I believe you have to go to Suphanburi first.

• Loy Krathong in Ayuthaya 2006

by solotraveller Online Now Aug 9, 2006 at 7:54 AM

Anyone know how is the celebration and its exact dates ?

Will it be as interesting as Sukhotai or Chiang Mai(based on recent years ?)

2 Answers Aug 9, 2006 at 10:56 AM
    • justus2robbos's Profile Photo

Ayuthaya and/or Sukhothai?

by justus2robbos Online Now May 23, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Hi, We are going to Laos this year (06)in October and to Thailand in November. I have one million questions which I am trying to answer by researching the forum.
      One thing we are unsure of, as both sound good, is which temple ruins place is best, Ayuthaya or Sukhothai? We mean, really which is the best place all-round as we may have to limit our towns a bit. Thanks

6 Answers Oct 10, 2006 at 11:38 PM
    • Ayuthaya or Bangkok

by helga77 Online Now Jan 28, 2006 at 1:22 PM

We will be visiting Bangkok in February on a cruise ship - staying nearly 2 days. We will at the port of Laem Chabeng - about 2 hours out of Bangkok. We would like to visit Ayuthaya and are thinking of getting a hire car (& driver) to go directly from the port to Ayuthaya to spend a few hours and then into Bangkok for the afternoon, stay overnight in Bangkok and sightsee in Bangkok before returning to the ship the next afternoon. Does anyone have any advice whether Ayuthaya would be time well spent or is it better to just spend the 2 days in Bangkok? We haven't been to Bangkok before so am really trying to see as much as possible in a short time. In Bangkok we were wanting to see the Grand Palace, canals, the teak house and some shopping. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2006 at 4:23 PM
    • lmc2626's Profile Photo

From Grand Palace, how to go to Aruthaya

by lmc2626 Online Now Jan 11, 2006 at 1:37 AM

at 1pm coming from Grand Palace, how to go to Aruthaya, for elephant ride?
      do I need to rent a car? can find public transpo? how much?
      i understand 1.5hrs travel time, is it correct?

7 Answers Sep 29, 2006 at 12:53 PM
    • shaofei's Profile Photo

World Heritage festival in mid Dec

by shaofei Online Now Nov 23, 2005 at 2:57 PM

Hi,

I have heard that Ayutthaya has a week long festival held during mid-December to commemorate its listing as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Does anyone has information about this? Thanks!

1 Answer Dec 4, 2005 at 9:50 PM
    • Hobbes28's Profile Photo

Ayuthaya at night, then headed to Bkk

by Hobbes28 Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 9:20 AM

Am planning a day trip to Ayuthaya. Heard that the illuminated temples are spectacular at night. Is it possible to stay until around 9-10 PM then head back to BKK? What time does the train/bus stop operations and is it safe to travel at night back to Bkk? Thanks!!

1 Answer Jul 31, 2005 at 12:44 PM
    • Getting Around Ayutthaya

by anne05 Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 8:47 AM

Hi,

My family (me, hubby, 3-yr old son) will be visiting bangkok this augusta nd are planning to visit Ayutthaya, too. I've read in several posts here that train is the best way to go to ayutthaya. Are the trains comfortable also for children? How much is the fare for children? When we arrive at Ayutthaya, how do we go around the different tourist spots? Is there a taxi there that we can rent to tour as around the area? How much would it cost?

Thanks in advance for all you replies. :)

5 Answers Nov 21, 2005 at 3:41 PM
    • robbibaba's Profile Photo

Catching a boat back to Bangkok

by robbibaba Online Now Jan 28, 2005 at 6:14 PM

Hi, we'll be coming into Ayuthaya from the north via train, but want to continue on to Bangkok via the river. I've read about all the tours starting in Bangkok that include a river trip back, but wonder about catching a one way trip south (for 5 of us). Will it be pretty easy and obvious or should I try to book something in advance? Many thanks! Rob

1 Answer Jan 28, 2005 at 7:27 PM