Ayr

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• buy lingustine

Crinan Jul 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM

hi all, coming up to visit crinan this monday, would love to buy some fresh lingustine from the pier to take home, can anyone tell me what time the fishing boats land? n also if they will sell to individuals?
      thanks in advance :)

more
    • buss from glasgow

Loch Lomond Jul 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM

wat nimber and were can i get a bus from glasgow to balloch ,staying at the inn keepers lodge

more
    • OBAN Railroad Station

Oban Jun 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

How far is the Oban Railroad Station from the port where the Crystal Symphony be anchored? How much will a taxi cost? Or is there a bus?
      There is a 2-1/2-Hour bus tour but I need to get to the Railroad Station. Thanks for your help.

more
    • Ferry from oban to liverpool?

Oban Jul 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I can't find this route on any of the ferry websites. Is there a ferry from oban to liverpool? Thanks.

more
    • TRAIN TRAVEL FROM AYR TO EDINBURGH

by JAYMEL1969 Online Now May 9, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Y GREAT GRANDPARENTS FROM AYR AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET THERE TO RESEARCH MOE ON MY ANCESTRY/ HAVE IN THE PAST ONLY GOTTEN AS FAR AS EDINBURGH. PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS A TRAIN THAT WE CAN TAKE FROM AYR TO EDINBURGH. WE PLANE ON MAKING THE TRIP TO SCOTLAND IN MID TO END OF DEC. THIS YR. 2010. ALSO MY HUSBAND WANTS TO VISIT IRELAND-NOT BELFAST AREA EITH CORK OR DUBLIN AND WANT TO KNOW IS THERE A WAY OTHER THAN AIR TO GET TO IRELAND TO PLACES I MENTIONED EITHER BY FERRY OR TRAIN AND HOW DO WE GET TRAIN PASSES IF WE CAN DO ALL THIS BY TRAIN FROM AYR TO EDINBURGH AND ALSO FROM AYR (AREA) TO IRELAND BY TRAIN? WE ARE SO CONFUSED IN HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS ALSO FROM AYR TO EDINBURGH DO YOU KNOW IF THE NATIONAL EXPRESS BUS GOES THERE-THANKS- EMAIL IS jaymel@verizon.net

4 Answers May 9, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    • Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

Wednesday Night in Ayr

by Kevin_Miller Online Now Nov 17, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Hi World, I'm in Ayr tomorrow (Wednesday 18th November) evening. Can anyone reccomend a good place to hang out? I've heard of Maddissons and Club de Mar. Are they any good on a Wednesday.

Thanks

The Sandman

2 Answers Nov 18, 2009 at 1:03 AM
    • BerryMuffin's Profile Photo

Shanghai Rendezvous for family gathering?

by BerryMuffin Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 12:56 PM

I've heard this might be a good place for a cheap and cheerful family gathering next month. Can anyone recommend it?

Many thanks in advance:-)

• mamawinnie's Profile Photo

Off to Ayr soon !

by mamawinnie Online Now Mar 23, 2008 at 3:44 AM

Hi, I'm taking the kids to the Haven site in Ayr in a few weeks. I am travelling from Preston up the M6. Which way will be easier for me to get to Ayr, go off on the A75 to the A76 straight to Ayr or carry sraight on the M74 and off onto the A71 ? I need the quickest and less hassle free route.

Thanks for your replies.......Joolz

12 Answers Apr 18, 2008 at 11:22 AM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

a one nighter

by iaint Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 9:49 AM

my son is playing ice hockey in Irvine on Saturday night next week (almost a 2 hour drive home)
      he is playing at Dumfries on the Sunday afternoon (a 2 hour drive from home, but only 1 hour from Irvine)
      to reduce wear & tear on his poor old dad (the driver until he gets a licence) and reduce his carbon footprint, we should stay Saturday night in Ayr/Prestwick/Troon
      i know i can get a Holiday Inn Express (or the like)somewhere, but does anyone have any better ideas; not too fussy on price, within reason, if it saves me 3 hours in the car!

4 Answers Oct 8, 2007 at 2:38 AM
    • Irish students coming to Ayr for Winter semester

by siobhanrenard Online Now Aug 9, 2005 at 4:10 AM

Hello! Me and 4 or 5 of my friends are gonna be going to Paisley University in Ayr in September to study until the end of January and we cant wait. First of all, any students of the Uni have any tips for me in general, whats it like?Secondly, we have to find a place to live because we wont be getting on campus accommodation. Its been pretty difficult to suss out houses on the internet. We might get a chance to go over for two days around the end of august to have a look but if we dont we will just have to try and find a place when we arrive in september. We dont want to be homeless...would appreciate any advice. Many thanks, Siobhan.

2 Answers Aug 23, 2005 at 4:45 PM
    • FrodovonTrapp's Profile Photo

car rental Prestwick Airport

by FrodovonTrapp Online Now Feb 25, 2005 at 8:27 AM

Hello all,

We shall arrive in Prestwick Airport and would like to rent a car at the airport.

Has anyone experience with "Affordable Car Rental"? It's something I found on the internet. It seems the work together with Budget Cars.

So, if anyone knows them, let me know.

Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 16, 2005 at 9:02 AM
    • Ferries from Ayr to the islands

by tullemor1 Online Now Feb 14, 2005 at 6:49 AM

My husband and I have fallen completely in love with the TV series "10000 acres of sky" and would like to go an island like that some time this spring. Are there any ferries (or boats, we are not bringing a car) from Ayr to for example the island of Skye or another (may be smaller) island. And does these islands have B&Bs so we can stay there overnight?. We are arriving via Prestwick Airport approximately around 2 p.m. Bente

3 Answers Feb 14, 2005 at 7:58 AM
    • Taxis or Night Bus to Glasgow Central Station?

by Sparkle13 Online Now Sep 13, 2004 at 12:49 PM

Are there any Night Bus Service or Taxis to and from Glasgow central Station and if so how much. We are going to a concert in Glasgow 10-11-04 and it will not be over untill 11:00pm, we then need to get back to Ayr. Help anyone......

4 Answers Oct 25, 2004 at 5:33 AM
    • B&B Dunn Thing.

by TexasPride Online Now Mar 1, 2004 at 8:25 AM

Anyboby have any comments (Good/Bad, etc.)about the Dunn Thing B&B?

5 Answers Sep 13, 2004 at 12:45 PM
    • Smoking in Ayr.

by TexasPride Online Now Feb 5, 2004 at 2:14 PM

Are there any hotels or B@B's in Ayr or Maybole that allow smoking?

• Things to do in Ayr in Mid November?

by TexasPride Online Now Jan 30, 2004 at 8:13 AM

Can Anyone tell me what there is to do in Ayr in mid November? Second Question.....How do you correctly pronounce the town "Maybole"?

2 Answers Feb 2, 2004 at 6:42 AM
    • Romantic Places to Stay in Maybole or Ayr

by TexasPride Online Now Jan 27, 2004 at 2:45 PM

My Girlfriend and I are getting married in mid Nov'04 in Maybole Scotland.....Just wondering if there are any recommindations for decently priced Romantic places to stay.

6 Answers Jan 30, 2004 at 4:07 PM