Ayia Sophia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Crossing the Kyrenia range from Bellapais

Bellapais Feb 22, 2015 at 11:11 PM

I am planning a visit to Bellapais and am wondering, if it is possible to cross the range to the south, thus getting the famous view of Nicosia on the plain?

more
    • Itinery N+S Cyprus 2,5 weeks with kids

Cyprus Mar 3, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Hi guys!

Could I please check with you if my planned itinery makes sense?

We are travelling with 2 kids (1x toddler of 2 and 1x baby of *just* 1). Goal for the trip is to recover a bit after a few hectic years with the kids (broken nights and so), so we would like to have some time to relax (sun, beach). However, we wish to see some of Cyprus as well. We wish to start slow, so we booked a holiday village (resort) in Paphos for the first week (something we never did before, we are used to hostels...). Due to the kids, we wish not to change accommodation too often (preferably max. 4 times or so). We have a rental-car for the whole trip.

My questions:
      Does the itinery below seem logical?
      Does it make sense to rent another car in the North for what we plan to do?
      Is Kyrenia a good place to stay to explore the North?
      Are we too long in the Paphos / Polis area? Should we stay longer in the East instead?

Day 1: Arrive Paphos, check into resort. Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 2: Chill (at resort + beach). Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 3: Chill (at resort + beach). Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 4: Chill (at resort + beach). Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 5: Day-trip Paphos. Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 6: Day-trip Paphos area / coast above Paphos. Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 7: Day-trip Paphos area / coast above Paphos. Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 8: Check out, drive to Polis area. Night: Polis.
      Day 9: Polis (beach / drive along coast West and East of Polis). Night: Polis.
      Day 10: Check out, drive to Nicosia. Park car, rent another one in the North, arrive at Kyrenia. Night: Kyrenia.
      Day 11: Explore villages in the area. Night: Kyrenia.
      Day 12: Chill (at hotel and beach). Night: Kyrenia.
      Day 13: Daytrip to Famagusta. Night: Kyrenia.
      Day 14: Drive back to Nicosia, change rental car, continue to Kalavasos. Found an amazing B&B there.
      Day 15: Chill (at B&B). Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 16:Governor's Beach. Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 17: Day-trip to Lanarca. Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 18: Day-trip to Troodos Nat. Park. Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 19: Spare day. Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 20: Depart in the morning (from Paphos).

Thanks guys!!

Robin.

more
    • Taking a rental car from South to North - contract disallows it

Cyprus Mar 2, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Hi,

I am planning a 2,5 week trip to Cyprus in April, and noticed that almost no car rental company will allow to take the car into the North, not even the larger Avis/Hertz/Europcar ones. I only found one (after I checked around 20!!), and that one was really expensive and seemed dodgy.

As I have to buy insurance at the border anyways, what would happen if I were to take the car into the North?

Reason for me not to higher a "second car" for the North period (however silly this sounds), is that I am planning to enter in the far West (coming from Polis), and planning to go back to the South in Nicosia.

Thanks for the advise whether I could risk being a little naughty or should REALLY stick to the contract.

Robin.

more