change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• self drive tour of uluru and the olgas

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hello
      Is it possible to drive around the base of Uluru ? Like maybe do a mix of drive and walk around the base.

I am planning a 2 to 3 days visit in early july, with my 2 young children (8 and 6) and I find it hard to choose between an organised tour, the uluru express shuttle or just hire a car : I am not sure my kids could do the long walks in the time imparted by most of the organized tours but I would like them to do more than watch the sunset and take a photo !

more
    • kentishgirl's Profile Photo

Ayers Rock - Christmas 2004

by kentishgirl Online Now Apr 1, 2004 at 12:32 PM

Hi everyone, We are considering the holiday of a lifetime for 3 weeks this December, so far with our itinerary planned out we will be arriving at Ayers Rock on 24/12 and departing 26/12, thus meaning we will be here on Christmas day!! So I have a couple of questions which I really hope that you will be able to help with! 1.Does anyone know if the tours still run on Christmas Day? 2. We are considering the "Sounds Of Silence" tour, and the sunrise tour - has anyone ever taken either of these? 3. And finally - is it worth taking both the tours? Should we just settle for 1? I imagine Ayers Rock to be overwhelming, and really magical - and so I think that we should do both! But I have never been and dont want to waste precious money if its not worth it! Many thanks in advance everyone. Ali x

21 Answers Apr 3, 2004 at 4:52 AM