change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Geneva Annecy

Annecy Mar 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM

We are a group of 9. We land at Geneva airport on 14th May at 8.20 AM.

We would 1st like to wander around Geneva for a few hours

Then go to ANNECY in late afternoon (preferably by road -- old??), and stay the night there.

Reach Lausanne by the 15th May afternoon. (Next day -- 16th-- want to visit Gruyere and Broc and then onto Interlaken)

We will have the Swiss train Railpass.

How do we work this out, if it is feasible?? Especially the Geneva- Annecy -Lausanne portion. The costing should not be too high.

Thanks

more
    • festivals in annecy

Annecy Mar 31, 2014 at 1:46 PM

what festivals are there in Annecy and what are the dates?

more
    • Hiking around Chamonix in early may

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Apr 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Hi...thinking about coming to Chamonix the beginning of May and wondering if good trails will be open for hiking that won't require anything more than hiking boots....thank you

more
    • NatalyE's Profile Photo

Avoriaz questions - weather, snowboard, skipass

by NatalyE Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip with a large group of people (10+), and we are considering Avoriaz as an option. We have quite varied skill levels in the group, and we would be very grateful if you could answer some of our questions.

1. I understand that Avoriaz is part of the Port du Soleil area - does a standard ski pass allow access to all surrounding areas, or does it require and expansion?

2. Is Avoriaz well suited for snowboarding, as well as skiing? In particular, are there a lot of T-Bar lifts or narrow slopes, which are less suited for snowboarding?

3. What time of year is ideal for Avoriaz? Are there times when there is too little snow? I read that because parts of the ski site are at a low altitude, it can be dangerous to ski with little snow. Are there snow-machines active at the sites?

4. Could you recommend a good ski school, for snowboarding especially but also for ski?

5. Is there a night ski option?

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Nataly

2 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    • TheView's Profile Photo

Transport Geneva-Avoriaz

by TheView Online Now Nov 11, 2007 at 1:37 AM

Hallo can anybody give me some advice on transport between Geneva airport (Switzerland) and Avoriaz (France). Is there a regular bus running? If you know what a Taxi ride between the city’s cost it will be helpful as well.

Thanks Allan

2 Answers Nov 11, 2007 at 8:32 AM