Hello, I am planning a trip with a large group of people (10+), and we are considering Avoriaz as an option. We have quite varied skill levels in the group, and we would be very grateful if you could answer some of our questions.
1. I understand that Avoriaz is part of the Port du Soleil area - does a standard ski pass allow access to all surrounding areas, or does it require and expansion?
2. Is Avoriaz well suited for snowboarding, as well as skiing? In particular, are there a lot of T-Bar lifts or narrow slopes, which are less suited for snowboarding?
3. What time of year is ideal for Avoriaz? Are there times when there is too little snow? I read that because parts of the ski site are at a low altitude, it can be dangerous to ski with little snow. Are there snow-machines active at the sites?
4. Could you recommend a good ski school, for snowboarding especially but also for ski?
5. Is there a night ski option?
Thank you in advance for your assistance,
Hallo can anybody give me some advice on transport between Geneva airport (Switzerland) and Avoriaz (France). Is there a regular bus running? If you know what a Taxi ride between the city’s cost it will be helpful as well.