Avon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bikers cafe

New Brighton May 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Hi could people tell me he name of the cafe all the bikers park outside please. And on Monday the three ships line up, what is the best time to see them together, and from where in new Brighton!

Thanks

more
    • Bus routes in derriford Plymouth

Plymouth 9 hours ago

Bus routes in derriford plymouth

more
    • poem In Liverpool museum in front of the liver bird building

Liverpool May 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM

there is a poem about Liverpool starting by I am...and it is like some sort of riddle.I can’t remember its name.
      does Anyone know it? It was in the museum
      Thank you!!

more
    • One evening only

Liverpool May 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Hello! I will attend a conference at the end of June and will have one evening only to explore Liverpool... Any must-dos? I will have been to the Cavern with a group the evening before, and one evening is the only spare time that I will have. Thanks for suggestions. (I will be based at the Hard days night hotel).

more
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Have you ever bought limited view tickets for Billy Elliot?

London May 15, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Hi I want to see Billy Elliot and I am getting a price of 38-47 pounds to see the play in limited view seats (second floor, first row)(london box office is selling the tickets). have you ever been there at Victoria Palace? Do you think it will be ok? Thank you!!

more
    • terminal two bag transfer

Heathrow May 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

How do I collect my bags in terminal two from Unired Air and get them to departures check in at Aer Lingus?

more
    • Rental car or Bus

Lymington May 22, 2015 at 12:16 PM

We are a family of 4 people, going to Lymington on a 7 day vcation. Please advise whether we should hire a car or use bus service going around

more
    • Wheelchair access

Newcastle upon Tyne May 17, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi, I'm off for a stag weekend in the next few days. Does anyone know which clubs and bars are wheelchair friendly/accessible and that have disabled toilets to hand? Any response is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

more
    • HELP TO PLAN AND ROUTE

Lake District National Park May 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM

We are 4 adults who plan to do a 2 day whirlwind tour of the Lake District and Scotland.
      Our Dates of travel are fixed owing to certain other obligations.
      Our mode of transport is RAIL for London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      Our query is:
      Depart London by TRAIN on Wednesday, 15th. July 2015 -- Early Morning.
      Arrive Lake District and put bags in our B & B.
      Would like to tour the Lake District for the day.
      Night of 15th. in a Bed & Breakfast accommodation with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy.
      Depart Lake District by TRAIN on Thursday, 16th. July 2015 – Early Morning
      Arrive Edinburgh, Scotland and spend the day sightseeing and visiting a distillery @ woolen factory.
      Night of 16th. in a Hotel in Edinburgh with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy (+ B/F)
      17th. July - Spend the day sightseeing and board the TRAIN in the evening to arrive at London in the late evening.

We would appreciate your inputs and suggestions for :
      a. Return Train Tickets Booking – London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      b. B & B accommodation in Lake District
      c. Sightseeing in the Lake District
      d. Accommodation in Edinburgh
      e. Sightseeing in Edinburgh
      f. Any other suggestions / inputs to help in planning this trip

Thanks and regards

Jolly

more
    • MichaelJTopley's Profile Photo

Any Hidden Gems?

Lake District National Park May 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi all, am new to the site. My fiancee and I are heading to Cockermouth in June and are wanting to know of any hidden gens within the lake district worth checking out. We are there for 7 days and want to try and fit as much in as possible.

Many thanks :)

more
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

When buying and paying for train tickets on line, how do I get the actual tickets?

London 16 hours ago

When buying and paying for train tickets on line, how do I get the actual tickets? After paying can I print them or do I pick them at the departing station? We are traveling June 18th Edinburgh>York then two days later York>London. They can't mail them as we are leaving too soon for them to post them. This is our first time buying advance tickets, thank you.

more
    • Transit visa requirement between terminal 4 and 5 at Heathrow

Heathrow May 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hi iam an Indian passport holder. I have booked though an american airlines ticket from Doha to Vancouver(Canada) via LHR. Iam arriving by a Qatar airways plane from doha and landing at terminal 4 at afternoon at 13.15pm. My next flight from LHR to vancouver by a british airways plane starts at 17.15 pm from terminal 5. Now do i need a transit visa to move from terminal 4 to terminal 5. I had confirmed from airlines that my luggages will be though booked.

more
    • Malaysian citizen flying into LHR, then on to Geneva

Heathrow May 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I fly from Kuala Lumpur to land LHR T4 on 21 June, 4.20pm. I plan to take a BA flight to Geneva departing at 8.00pm. Do I have sufficient time for immigration custom and the terminal transfer and then check in for this BA flight? Hope someone know this can help me. Thanks a lot.

more
    • Can we undergo US security checks at Heathrow ?

Heathrow May 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM

I'll be traveling from Mumbai, India to Gainesville, Florida. For that I have to board a flight at Mumbai which will drop me at Heathrow. I have layover time of about 8 hours at Heathrow, from where I'll be traveling to Miami. And from Miami to Gainesville. But the layover at Miami is only 2 hours, which from what I've heard, is very less for completing immigration checks. So, I was wondering if there is any provision of conducting US security checks at Heathrow instead of Miami?

During the search for this answer, I came across this post. This looks to be 2014 news. I'm not sure though, whether this has been implemented or not.

Could anyone please confirm the same?

Or, is it possible to complete immigration checks at Miami airport within 2 hours ?

Thanks.

more
    • Fare for china airlines

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hello everyone... me and my mum are deciding to travell to usa from india via china airlines..but i just cant figure out the fare from their site..do you know the fare for economy class and family coach and premium economy

more
    • Airport to Airport

London Apr 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I want to get to Heathrow from London's City airport. Suggestions?

more
    • How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle

Heathrow May 23, 2015 at 4:30 AM

How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle by train with minimum changeover

more
    • DLM3718's Profile Photo

Britrail England Pass vs Railcard

England May 18, 2015 at 6:11 AM

I am visiting Europe for approx 1 month and will be spending the first 6 days in England, using London as a HUB point to stay and taking day-trips around the area. I have done research and am stuck between getting a Britrail England Pass for $218 or getting a youth railcard for $30 which offers 34% off train fares... for convenient/affordable travel on those day trips.

Was wondering if anyone had any insight? I figured the railcard will give me a little more flexibility and could potentially save me more money if I take less trips out of London than I am planning but the Britrail England Pass is much more convenient for getting on/off trains and not having to worry about tickets.

more
    • jackandthebeanstock's Profile Photo

Does the Visitor In Transit visa allow me to leave the airport?

Heathrow May 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hello,

I have a 15 hr overnight layover at Heathrow and I am thinking to go and check out London since it will be my first time there.

My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to leave the airport with the transit visa and then return to continue my flight?
      2. Do the trains or buses to and from the airport operate 24/7?
      3. Is there a place that you recommend a first time visitor to check out at night? (A mall, street, park etc.)

more
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Transfer from Southampton to London Center

London May 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

How is the best and least expensive way to get from Southampton Cruise Terminal to London Center. Thanks.

more
    • Scarborough

Scarborough 15 hours ago

Where are the best places to go; on a night out in Scarborough??

Thanks x

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

first time London for 6 nights at the end of June

London Yesterday

we are going to London for 6 nights at the end of June what are the best way to spend 6 nights over there. we like historical, natural scenic places. prefer in easy and relax way not in rush. Is guided tour is good? which tour is good for one day? We are travelling from Australia. Should we carry cash or withdraw money from ATM or exchange travelers check from bank? Please advise as this is our first time.

more
    • Romagirly's Profile Photo

Beatles Experience

Liverpool May 5, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Hi All, we are arriving into Liverpool on a Cruise Ship and would love to try the Beatles Experience on our own. is this possible and if so advice please. Tia.

more
    • popsottery's Profile Photo

Travel to london

London Apr 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM

We are travelling to London next week to 'hopefully' sort out our Russian visa's. We are driving up from the south west along the a303 and m3. Does anyone know a good place to park on the outskirts of London so we can catch the train in. We could catch the train from Exeter but for 4 of us I would need to sell the house to pay for it.

more

Popular Avon Travel Answer Locations

• bristol night life plus eating out

Bristol Feb 20, 2015 at 12:41 AM

staying at the marriott ,looking for good night life near by,also eating places

2 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 6:31 AM
    • The best hotels for young people in Bristol?

Bristol Jan 22, 2015 at 4:47 AM

I'm visiting Bristol this February to see the University. I don't have much money, and need somewhere close to the uni! Any ideas?

2 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 5:20 AM
    • Bristol Cathedral and St Mary Redcliffe - suggest more?

Bristol Nov 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I am a huge architecture fan and enjoy seeing and photographing Gothic style buildings. I just read and article that says the aforementioned two are Gothic architecture and look great. I browsed images and can agree. So, I am about to visit Bristol, would you recommend any more places to see other than those listed in the article:
      eurotravel.answers.com/engla...

7 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    • hotel bookings

Bristol May 18, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Want to book a hotel with a pool for the balloon festival with a good offer but I dont know where to start

7 Answers May 27, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • svetlanaM1's Profile Photo

The best way from Bristol temple meads to 20 PEMBROKE ROAD Clifton, BRISTOL, BS8 3BB

Bristol Mar 16, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hello VTfriends!
      I wonder what the simple way to get 20 PEMBROKE ROAD Clifton, BRISTOL, BS8 3BB from
      the Bristol temple meads station? The other question is what the best and cheapest transport to achieve 20 PEMBROKE ROAD Clifton, BRISTOL, BS8 3BB from King's Cross (LOndon)? Thank you in advance. Sveta.

11 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • spidermiss's Profile Photo

Shoe Tree at the College Green, Bristol

Bristol Jul 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Hello

I was in Bristol recently and on the walking tour I discovered the shoe tree (shoes hanging from the tree branches) at the College Green. I now don't remember what the tour guide said about it. Please could anyone fill me in what connection the shoe tree has? It will help me write my VT tip.

Thanks
      Dawn

11 Answers Jul 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

1 day out of Bristol

Bristol Jan 20, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Hi all,

I will be flying into Bristol (from Belfast) at 9am and will have a full day (until about 5/6pm) to play with. Please can anyone suggest a good itinerary for me? I will be hiring a car and will be driving back to Bristol in order to meet friends.

Bath is a definite but should I see anywhere else?

Thanks!

Nat

21 Answers Jan 22, 2012 at 3:01 AM
    • sandot's Profile Photo

Bristol or outskirts

Bristol Sep 29, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Hi
      I'm contemplating a job in Bristol. I only know the North of England and so know nothing about Bristol and just wondered if anyone could recommend any nice towns nearby, with good transport links into the centre, that I could look for accommodation in. Or is Bristol itself a nice city to live in? What are the names of the areas where you would get professionals/families/not too studenty? Or as mentioned, the names of any nice little towns or villages nearby but with good direct bus/train links to the centre of Bristol.
      Thanks for any help!

14 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    • Delwin's Profile Photo

Buses

Bristol Mar 28, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Hi

I need to jump a bus from Bristol to Temple cloud.

anyone know what number I need and where it stops?

Cheers

Del

2 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    • victor72's Profile Photo

Hire a room for two nights

Bristol Mar 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Hallo,

I am going to visit Bath and Bristol from 18º March till 20º March with my girlfriend Alicia.I will get to Bristol aiport at 22:00 pm. We could not to find a hostel close to the center.
      Please, can you hire us a room for two nights ?
      My email is galancabal@hotmail.com
      Thank you. Kind regards
      Victor Galan

1 Answer Mar 10, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    • snow/ski equipment

Bristol Jan 24, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Hi
      My son is in a bit of panic have been travelling and now booked a one week ski trip in Austria but need to buy gloves and goggles other equipment supplied anyone know of shop where he can buy reasonably priced but quality gear in or around Bristol or further afield but not too far he's on public transport Hope you can help me as not much time to shop
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jan 24, 2011 at 10:52 PM
    • travel help

Bristol Sep 20, 2010 at 12:06 AM

to get to amsterdam any way better than others

5 Answers Sep 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    • Thinking of coming to Bristol!

Bristol Apr 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Hi everyone.

Me and a few friends are contemplating heading to Bristol for 5 or 6 nights in May while we dhave time off from rugby before preseason starts.We're attracted to Bristol because we can get there for 8 euro each way and understand budget accommodation is plentiful.We've also heard great things about the nightlife there,which is the main reason why we'd go.

Can anyone shed some light on the nightlife in the city,and what it will be like at this time of the year?Can people also recommend their top 3 things to do during the day in the city,as I'd like to get a variety of opinions on how we should pass our time in Bristol.

Thanks in advance,and any input is appreciated.

Regards,

wigsa

4 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    • daleharper's Profile Photo

Attraction in Bristol City Centre

Bristol May 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I'm a Malaysian, studying in City of Bristol College. I would like to do some sightseeing or traveling during this half term break. Am curious whether any places can I do my sightseeing within walking distance from Bristol City Centre, since the only transport I have is bus. Appreciate for the help, ladies and gentlemen. Millions of thanks.

4 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    • romancandle's Profile Photo

Eating out in Bristol

Bristol Apr 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Hello all! I am going to spend a night in Bristol with a friend on Saturday, 11th April (Easter Saturday). Any recommendations for good restaurants in the city centre? My budget is max £50 for two, and we would like to avoid chains like ASK or Pizza Express, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    • romancandle's Profile Photo

Budget Accommodation in Bristol

Bristol Mar 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM

My friend and I will be in Bristol for a night on 11th April (Sat), and are looking for budget accommodation in central Bristol. We would ideally like a B&B, and prefer not to share a dorm room in a hostel, but are willing to if we have to. Although we are older students, we are still on a student budgets!

Thanks in advance for your help!

11 Answers Sep 29, 2009 at 12:08 PM
    • B&B in Clifton

Bristol Feb 13, 2009 at 6:12 AM

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a nice B&B in Clifton , near whiteladies road or Suspension Bridge for one night's accomodation. I am going there for Anniv. Could you please suggest one nice hotel or B&B.

cheers,

2 Answers Feb 13, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    • Pleese needs Help abut Airport Transfert !

Bristol Jan 31, 2009 at 4:55 AM

I have a question for you locals !

I wanna go to Cardiff and actually Easyjet is the cheapest way to get there from Paris . Flying out to Bristol and then take a train to cardiff seems to be way cheaper than paying the high cost of airfares by Flybe from Paris to Cardiff .

So my question is how to get to Cardiff from Bristol Intl Airport ? Is there a Train Station at the Airport ? Do i have to take a bus to Bristol then the train to Cardiff ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer .

3 Answers Jan 31, 2009 at 7:05 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

live music in Bristol?

Bristol Dec 24, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Any suggestions about small or big pubs/clubs with live music in Bristol's city center?

I'm more into blues/jazz but any suggestion(indie rock etc) will be nice.

k.

4 Answers Jan 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

must see things to do in Bristol

Bristol Dec 23, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Hi! I will be in Bristol for 1 day and a half so can someone tell me:
      1)what are the must see activities in the center?
      2)my hotel, CITY INN BRISTOL, is at Temple Way, Bristol, BS1 6BF but I cant find any map about the hotel. Is it far from the center?
      3)how will I reach the hotel from Colston Hall when I'll arrive in Bristol?

thanx in advance!
      konstantinos

10 Answers Dec 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM
    • French Study Abroad student in Bristol

Bristol Sep 30, 2008 at 8:14 AM

Hi! I am a french girl going to Study Abroad student, at the University of Bristol. I would appreciate to meet with french people and share experience.

Regards,
      Melanie.

4 Answers Oct 4, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    • Erasmus in Bristol

Bristol Aug 17, 2008 at 6:28 AM

Hi! I am a portuguese girl going to Erasmus next October, at the University of Bristol. Can anyone please help me with a place to stay? What are the safest areas? I am totally lost.

Regards,
      Marta.

4 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    • Erasmus in Bristol

Bristol Aug 17, 2008 at 6:26 AM

Hi! I am a portuguese girl going to Erasmus next October, at the University of Bristol. Can anyone please help me with a place to stay? What are the safest areas? I am totally lost.

Regards,
      Marta.

6 Answers Aug 28, 2008 at 4:28 AM
    • Mikey64's Profile Photo

Where should we stay in Bristol?

Bristol Jul 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM

We'll be in Bristol for 2 nights in the beginning of September. Where should I stay? What hotel would you recommend? Restaurants? Which sights should I not miss while I'm there? Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Jul 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    • footstool's Profile Photo

the Hum

Bristol Jul 3, 2008 at 11:23 AM

did they ever pinpoint the source of the Hum?

1 Answer Jul 3, 2008 at 12:14 PM
    • Bristol from London Heathrow or Gatwick

Bristol Jul 3, 2008 at 10:57 AM

We will be flying from the States to London and then by train to Bristol. Would it more expeditious to travel to Bristol from Heathrow or Gatwick?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 12:12 PM
    • Airport to Yha

Bristol May 6, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Hi.

What is the best and cheapest way of getting from the bristol airport to the YHA Hostel in 14 Narrow Quay?

Is the area safe to walk at night?

Thanks

2 Answers May 7, 2008 at 2:40 AM
    • alemir82's Profile Photo

Getting to Bristol from Cardiff

Bristol Mar 9, 2008 at 7:10 AM

I've flight from Bristol Airport on 27th april at 7.35 am so I was wondering if some on of you could suggest me some cheap or comfortable way to get to airport from cardiff and what time I should leave to be there on time for my departure!
      thanx in advance!

3 Answers Mar 13, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    • Kellaway Road

Bristol Jan 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Hi!
      I'm an Erasmus student, and I am going to live in Bristol for six months.
      I found a beautiful house in Kellaway Road, which seems a quiet place but it is close to Gloucester Road and Southmead, which I heard are dangerous areas.
      Do you think Kellaway Road is dangerous as well to live?

Thank you.

Rik.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    • nealhugh's Profile Photo

From NY, NY to Bristol and hotel info needed!!

Bristol Jan 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM

I want the best deal to fly from NY to Bristol...and get a hotel with pool and jacuzzi...I do massage therapy...

All info very much appreciated!!!

Neal H. Hurwitz
      NY, NY
      646-884-0594

1 Answer Jan 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM