change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ina08's Profile Photo

Tip for a restaurant to celebrate

Edinburgh Nov 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM

On Friday I will have my graduation ceremony at Edinburgh University (yes, I am a "mature" student, lol). Since we are busy on the Friday I would like to celebrate in a nice place the evening before.

What am I looking for? A nice, thoughtful atmosphere, setting and location, inspiring and attractive food and drinks, expense range: I would draw the line at 50 Pounds per person (it's a celebration, isn't it smiley??). We do not have a car and are staying at Portobello, so any place that is reachable by public transport or also by taxi will be fine.

I look forward to your suggestions. And maybe you'd like to join me for a drink on Saturday, I have posted a VT Meet.

more
    • Aviemore to Glasgow Airport

by dcmarshall Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I am flying to Dublin on July 23rd leaving at 2:45. I will have been staying in Aviemore and want to know how to get to the Airport as quickly as possible on the morning of July 23rd.
      Thank you for your advice.

10 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • afcmalta's Profile Photo

Catholic Church

by afcmalta Online Now Dec 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Can anyone please indicate where I can find a Catholic Church in Aviemore or in the vicinity? Many thanks

3 Answers Dec 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    • Pensioner - Risky or Not?

by fergilan Online Now Mar 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM

I'm travelling up to aviemore on 22nd March 2008 bringing two pensioners (83 year olds "It's too cold" "where's the tea shop") together with a typical 14 year old girl ("I'm bored!" "where's the shops" etc.) I'm now having second thoughts as everything I've read recently is "High risk for snow storms" "Great for ski-ing" I somehow doubt an 83 year old would enjoy skiing, hiking or snowboarding her way to the shops and the 14 year old doesn't want to just be stuck in the car watching the scenery go by even if she does have an i-pod to complete the "Am I boverred" attitude. Any ideas before I go completely insane trying to plan something to suit everyone?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2008 at 1:12 PM
    • Duthil Churchyare

by Helenaprice Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Where is Duthil Churchyard and does it still exist? Thanks, Helen

1 Answer Feb 20, 2007 at 11:16 PM
    • Nice place to stay

by cathy9510usa Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 4:18 AM

We're thinking of taking a train to Aviemore and staying overnight. Any suggestions for a good (but not overly expensive) place to stay within walking distance of the train station? Many thanks for any help you can give.

1 Answer Jan 4, 2006 at 10:13 AM