Auvergne Travel Answers

change location

Issoire, France

by filboy Online Now Jul 11, 2005 at 9:00 PM

We are attending a wedding in Issoire in the first week of September. We are coming from Madrid, and would like to know the least expensive way to get there.We are planning on flying to Paris, and then take another flight near Issoire, or take the train. Is it hard to connect from the airport to the train station in Paris? Can you recommend a good car rental place in Issoire? We are thinking of spending an extra 3 days in Issoire. Is it a good base to make some nearby sites? ..... Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

RE: Issoire, France

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 11, 2005 at 9:20 PM

It should be easy to transfer to the train station in Paris. Question: Which Paris airport and to which Paris train station? You can check http://www.ratp.fr for your connections. That's the RER and Metro web site.

If you can spend an extra three days in Issoire, do. It is an amazingly beautiful area of France and not nearly so trampled with tourists . . . although in September that shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Issoire, France

by filboy Online Now Jul 18, 2005 at 5:55 AM

Thanks for your reply. I just got in from an out of town trip. Most of the cheap airfares land at Orly, and I have not experienced going through this airport, although I have been to Paris several times. I learned from someone that Air France has shuttle buses between airports, but I am not sure if they go the train stations. The airfare from Madrid direct to Claremont Ferrand is about E500.00. I think, my wife and I could save about half if we fly to orly and then take the train.It would be our first experience taking the trian in France. Is it advisable to take smaller bags rather the regular ones if we take the French train?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Auvergne Travel Answer Locations