Austria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 6 nights to spend ibetween salzburg and innsbruck

Salzburg 9 hours ago

i will be in austria in mid may with 6 nights to spend between salzburg and innsbruck. i was planning 3 in each city but am now thinking i may need more time in salzburg. any suggestions ? we jsut want to do some sight seeing and some r & r. i think by the time we get to salzburg from vienna, we will have seen enough castles and palaces so don;t want to spend too much time touring them

more
    • Sunday in durnstein

Dürnstein 19 hours ago

Is Sunday a good day to visit durnstein in month of may.
      Will restraunts cafes and wine tasting taverns be open?
      Thanks

more
    • Salzburg to Hallstatt

Hallstatt Yesterday

Is it true that there is a BUS Group ticket 6 persons = 21 Euro to go from Salzburg to hallstatt? If so, how can I get it? i NEED SOME DETAILS PLEASE, AS WE ARE 6 PEOPLE TRAVEL TOGETHER.

more
    • kitzbulher horn

Sankt Johann in Tirol Apr 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM

How easy is it to get up the mountain

more
    • Bike Rental

Vienna Apr 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Hi,
      We are vacationing in Austria. We are in the burg of Donaufeld and would like to rent a bike. I know there are the "City Bikes" in downtown Vienna, but we would like to find one closer to where we are staying...Donaufeld. Does anyone know of a bike store or place where we could rent one bike for several days? Our preference is a hybrid bike. We would like to ride on the trails along the Danube...beautiful!!

more
    • SaumyaC's Profile Photo

Salzburg to Vienna travel info

Salzburg 2 hours ago

Hello,

I am traveling on 1st week of may to Salzburg. We are group of four people age between 28-30.

we are traveling from Hamburg to Salzburg our three days stay is at Salzburg. We want to travel one day to Vienna we will be using local transport.Will go and comeback on same day. Can some tell me the cheapest and fastest way to Vienna.and return on the same day I have heard train are the fastest but which tickets and card we all have to buy how much it will cost per person or in total for four of us .

Please help me with the suggestions.

Thanks

Somi.

more
    • How long does it take to drive to Velden from Gamlitz?

Velden am Wörthersee Apr 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Also, how long does does it take to drive from Velden to Wattens, Tyrol?
      We're planning a vacation in Austria and this is part of the route.

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Online tickets to the Belvedere

Vienna Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I want to order the tickets for the lower and upper Belvedere. It is for one entrance. Can we go to each palace on a separate day (entering each place only once ) ?

more
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

salt mines near salzburg

Salzburg Apr 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

which saltmine should one visit near salzburg? we are a family of children in the late teens.

more

Timetable for Vienna museums

Vienna Apr 5, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I get my information from different websites, and I'm going to buy the entrance tickets online. I understand that the upper and lower Belvedere are separate, that I can see the lower on one day, coming early to see the Prunkstall that's open only in the morning. And the upper Belvedere on Thursday to see also at noon the painting restoration. The restoration is open on Tuesday too, but I have a concert in the early evening.

We'll be staying at the Beethoven hotel, I guess we'll use the metro stations at the Karlsplaz. To which stations should we travel for each Belvedere? or use a tram? or walk to the Lower, it looks close on the map.

more
    • From Salzburg to Munich

Salzburg Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am looking for cheap train tickets to Munich for family of 4.
      I see lots of transport from munich....(Bayern tix)

What about to Munich to Salzburg. Railjet/DB says E35 per person
      Does Bayern tix work from Salzburg to Munich???

more
    • Travel Nice to Vienna

Vienna Apr 20, 2014 at 4:45 AM

hello we are going to be in Nice france and we are looking to head to Salzberg, what is the fastest least expensive way to travel, we are happy to train if need be. We are also ok to go to Vienna if that helps things but we really only are interested in getting into Salzberg

more
    • Hiking/biking in the Tirol region

Austria Apr 12, 2014 at 5:01 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip in late May to go hiking in the Tirol Region of southern Austria. What would be a good base town for this type of adventure? I was think about Kitzbuhel? Are there better options? We will have a car.

more
    • best possible way of going from Vienna international airport to Innsbruck with kids

Austria Apr 11, 2014 at 5:33 AM

My flight will arrive at 6:00a.m. at vienna international airport.We are going to be 4 people-me, my husband and my 2 kids.From the airport we have to go straight to Innsbruck. I m really confused how to reach Innsbruck from the airport. Can somebody help me n guide me the best possible way of reaching Innsbruck from Vienna airport.Thankyou

more
    • Bus timings from Salzburg to Bad Ischl?

Hallstatt Apr 1, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Does the bus from salzburg to bad ischl leave at top of the hour, say 7am, 8am. when is the first bus from salzburg for bad ischl?

more
    • SaumyaC's Profile Photo

Salzburg to Vienna travel info

Austria 23 hours ago

Hello,

I am traveling on 1st week of may to Salzburg. We are group of four people age between 28-30.

we are traveling from Hamburg to Salzburg our three days stay is at Salzburg. We want to travel one day to Vienna we will be using local transport.Will go and comeback on same day. Can some tell me the cheapest and fastest way to Vienna.and return on the same day I have heard train are the fastest but which tickets and card we all have to buy how much it will cost per person or in total for four of us .

Please help me with the suggestions.

Thanks

Somi.

more

Meidling train station

Vienna Apr 5, 2014 at 4:33 AM

After reading Globetrott's warning about the Südbahnhof, how is the Meidling station? Overcrowded? Clear signs? We have train tickets for Budapest, and plan to take a taxi from the hotel.

more
    • grossglockner

Heiligenblut Mar 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Are all these places u write about open in winter time? If not, which areas should some old persons visit in winter time, just to see the glacier views and feel they are in the Alps? Thanks, Petros

more

Showing ID with photo for discount tickets

Vienna Apr 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I bought several tickets online, opera and museums, and got discounts for age. I have to show a photo ID. Do you think it's ok to show a photocopy of our passports? I don't want to carry them with me.

more
    • Golling WaterMill Question

Golling an der Salzach Mar 10, 2014 at 10:20 AM

We are planning a trip to Austria/Germany. Is there still a watermill at Grolling Wasserfalls? Where is it located?

1 Answer Mar 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • Vienna card for zone 111

Vienna Mar 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Is there any vienna card for zones other than zone 100 (e.g. zone 111)?

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • transportation outside of town centre

Hallstatt Mar 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I'm looking at staying at a B & B or hotel in Hallstatt, Austria. Some of these accommodations are a few miles from the center of town. Does Hallstatt provide taxi or bus service to take us out of town?

1 Answer Mar 10, 2014 at 1:32 AM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

Taxi in Vienna

Vienna Mar 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Hello fellow VTer's

Any comments, advice or concerns about getting a taxi in Vienna? Should I prebook one or get one from a taxi stand - any particular taxi company that is good or less bad than others? :)

Thanks a lot

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • axmeg's Profile Photo

Cesky krumlov day trip from pargue

Vienna Mar 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM

i will be Prague 3 nights from 12 till 15 September i think to do these tour i should take it or no thx for
      Cesky krumlov day trip from pargue
      thx for help

8 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 1:59 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Meteo question.

Salzburg Mar 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I' d like to spend some days in Salzburg at the beginning of april. Do you think it is a good idea? I am thinking about the weather. Should I look for another place to go instead? What do you say?

5 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    • Tours in Carinthia

Austria Feb 24, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Has anyone heard of these guys? www.getlocaltours.com
      We're looking at flying into Italy and doing a trip up into Austria in summer.

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

Two days in Vienna

Vienna Feb 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Hello everyone !
      I am starting to plan a tour at the end of July . We hope to stay two days in Vienne before travelling on to Prague .As you can see time is important . So I would appreciate ideas for the best things to see .We will be travelling by car .
      Thank you :)

5 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

traveling on local Salzburg transit

Salzburg Feb 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

We plan to spend 4 days in Salzburg & want to take a few trips to local places like Anif, Hellbrun, Wefen etc. There is a card available on SVV website that has different prices based on zones, but I have not been able to determine the "zones" that the places I want to see are in. How do I find that info? Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Day trips from Salzburg.

Salzburg Feb 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Could you suggst some, please?

6 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Vienna Street View

Vienna Feb 22, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Can it be that Vienna has no street view in Google Earth?

8 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Transportation from northern Italy.

Mittersill Feb 19, 2014 at 11:54 AM

How can I go from northern Italy (Trento) to Mittersill?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Day trip to Salzburg.

Mittersill Feb 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Is it easy to visit Salzburg as day trip from Mittersill by bus? How long would take the journey?

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • Dance Classes in Vienna

Vienna Feb 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I am a student in Vienna and for the following semester I want to do something fun. So I think that I can find a dance course in Vienna but like I said, I am a student. I want people there to be around 18-25 not more, otherwise it would be awkward. Can you help me to find some place according to my wishes?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

trains from Munich

Salzburg Feb 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

We plan to stay in Munich one night & travel to Salzburg the next day. I have heard that a Bayern Landerpass would get us to Salzburg, but I saw the DB schedules & the only train that looks like we can use with the Lander pass is something called Meridian which does not go past Freilassing. Does anyone know if this is correct, and how would we get to Salzburg from Freilassing if it is? Thank you.

6 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    • Driving from Innsbruck to Venice

Innsbruck Feb 11, 2014 at 3:39 AM

We will be travelling from Innsbruck to Venice in the middle of April 2014.Was planning on going via Cortina d Ampezzo, is this the best route to see the Dolimites or is there any other routes open that time of year, the vehicle we are driving has snow tyres fitted. Thanks

1 Answer Feb 12, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Seating at the Vienna Volksoper.

Vienna Feb 10, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I'm trying to book tickets for the Volksoper, for the Bartrered Bride. This opera should have a large dance group, who use the whole depth of the stage. So it's important for me to get seats with unobstructed view, and high enough above the stage that we don't see only the front edge of the stage.

I tried to reserve tickets on the balcony, but I couldn't complete the order, maybe they don't sell this, and maybe the balcony is very far from the stage anyway, and not above the parterre.

How is the view from the parterre?

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • how to get to parndorf

Parndorf Feb 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I'm coming to Vienna by bus (bus station in Erdbergstraße).
      How to get to Parndorf besides renting a car?
      Thanks

4 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Any use of renewing my German Passport?

Vienna Feb 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM

I have a German passport, which was valid till 1996, before Euro. My husband doesn't, so when we go through passport control at airports we always go together at the non-euro control.

I haven't renewed it, because I don't need it. (I got it first for a trip to Iran in April 1979, our luck that it was for a few days after the Houmeini revolution).

Are there any discounts in Vienna that would make it worth while to renew? We'll pay mainly for museum entrances, opera. Staying ten days.

4 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Reserving seats at the Volksoper

Vienna Feb 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I want to order tickets for "The Bartered Bride" at the Volksoper. On the website I got - Vienna Classic online ticket office - I can select the category, but I don't see that I can select the Balkon. There's a seating map, with prices, but the only option is to choose the price category.

I want to sit high enough to see the whole depth of the stage for the dances, but not in the gallery which is too high for multifocal glasses.

Is there another website where I can select a seat, as in the Budapest Opera website, or at least the section?

3 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 1:03 AM
    • JenJen88's Profile Photo

S3 from Salzburg to Burg Hohenwerfen

Salzburg Feb 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Can someone tell me which stop should I get off to Burg Hohenwerfen? Werfen or Pfarrwerfen? As the website of Burg Hohenwerfen saying that should get off at Pfarrwerfen but from Google map it show Werfen is more closer. I'm so confused if I get off at Werfen is there a walking pathway heading to the castle?

Also, I plan to visit Hellbrun Palace in the morning and Burg Hohenwerfen in the afternoon, do u think it's feasible?

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Tickets for Boys concert on Easter

Vienna Feb 4, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I'm planning our Easter days. I see that there's the Mozart Kroenungsmesse with the Vienna boys choir in the Hofburgkapelle.
      events.wien.info/de/rk/die-w....

We come to Vienna almost a week earlier. If I order tickets from home, there's a 25% surcharge, no matter how they call it. I's important for us to see the choir, more than to have a complete view of the altar. On the website they don't show where they stand, and I don't want to repeat my disappointment with the Mozart Requiem in Prague, where it could have been a recording, as we saw nobody making the music.

Do they sell marked seats or just the section?

3 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • Train tickets to salzburg and innsbruck

Vienna Feb 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Hi I'm currently in Vienna and planning to head to Salzburg tomorrow for about two days before heading to Innsbruck. I understand the most economical option now is train via Westbahn but how about the onward train to Innsbruck? Or is there any more economical deal considering my travel plans? TIA!

4 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 6:32 AM
    • Hotel Seevilla Freiberg

Zell am See Feb 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM

we are planning on staying in the above hotel but are worried
      we need to hire skis and were just wondering do we leave our walking shoes when getting the ski boots or do you take the boots and have to walk to the slopes in them

can somebody help as we don't want to book if you have to walk 10mins in ski boots

thanks

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

RTB Bus 351

Dornbirn Feb 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I'm looking for more information on RTB Bus 351 from Dornbirn to Heerbrugg, Switzerland. It is apparently run by a Swiss company and falls under the Swiss Ostwind transit authority, and not the VVV. If I am reading the website (in German) correctly, VVV day tickets are not accepted. Is this correct? Is the Euregio Tageskarte accepted? Is the Swiss GA / Swiss Pass valid? (the website seems to indicate so, but the route is not listed on the Swiss Travel System's synoptic map)

Any insights appreciated. Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 4:36 AM
    • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Does anyone know this bookshop and pub?

Vienna Jan 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I can't find it any more... it was late and dark and I had had some Punsch... We came from the Christmas market at Maria-Theresien-Platz, then walked through Museumsquartier and kept left. Somewhere in the side streets between Mariahilfer Straße and Wienzeile (I think) we found this remarkable place. It was a pub which also was a bookshop (hence entirely non smoking, very pleasant), and if I remember correctly the name was Alex-something. It was located on a street corner, with the entrance right at the corner of the building. Does anyone know it and can tell me the exact name and address?

4 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Transportation from Innsbruck.

Hinterthiersee Jan 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM

How can I go to Hinterthiersee from Innsbruck?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • Train to Meggenhofen?

Austria Jan 29, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Is it possible to travel from Venice to Meggenhofen by train?

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 11:52 PM
    • JenJen88's Profile Photo

What type of Travel Card suits my stay in Salzburg?

Salzburg Jan 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Day 1 Arrive Salzburg by plane, then visit Salt Mine in Hellein by taking bus 170 + bus 41

Day 2 Will join day tour (no need to take public transport)

Day 3 Jennerbahn / Konigssee / Ramsau Village / Berchtesgaden (by bus)

Day 4 St. Gilgen / St. Wolfgang (by bus and ferry)

Day 5 Salzburg to Hallstatt (by bus and train)

In these 5 days in Salzburg, what type of travel card suits my stay?

Is there a type of card called "Tageskarte" then can get it from the driver when boarding on bus and it can be used for all buses (both regional and innercity) within the day of purchase?

Booking train tickets

Vienna Jan 29, 2014 at 10:41 AM

We'll take the train from Vienna to Budapest, in April. We already have the date, how long ahead should I book? I prefer to do it online at home before we get to Vienna.

I see this www.raileurope website. What's this "Flexible second class, Non exchangeable, non refundable" ? Maybe I don't know whats Flexible, but I know what's Non.

For taking a train to Melk, do we just get to the Westbahnhof and buy the tickets, or should this be done in advance? We don't have anything else to do at the train station area (we'll pass there on the way to Schoenbrunn).

6 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM